The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v1.9.2.0] [RS3 Build 16299] broken in-place upgrade Empty[EX-100 - v1.9.2.0] [RS3 Build 16299] broken in-place upgrade

more_horiz
No matter what I try, after the customisation of Windows 10 the in-place upgrade is no longer working.

It doesn't work with the ex-100 generated iso or with an orginal (german) iso (and original boot.wim) with
the inserted custom install.wim.

When I start the setup it wrongly shows like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is my ex-100 wccf: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With or without selection of "cleanup unneeded editions". Always the same result.

I even tried with a clean new configuration file.

What else can I try? What option could trigger this problem?

description[EX-100 - v1.9.2.0] [RS3 Build 16299] broken in-place upgrade EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v1.9.2.0] [RS3 Build 16299] broken in-place upgrade

more_horiz
My friend can you post a youtube video with english language iso because i dont speak german; Or KrX can help you with the german language.

description[EX-100 - v1.9.2.0] [RS3 Build 16299] broken in-place upgrade EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v1.9.2.0] [RS3 Build 16299] broken in-place upgrade

more_horiz
Sorry, I don't have english ISO files.

But it translates to:

"Copying temporary files", "starting setup" and "where do you want to install windows?". There you can select a destination partition for a clean install.

more_horiz
as i see you have the iso mounted. instead of this did you try to extract it to a folder in my documents and run setup from there;

more_horiz
I tried that too. But it doesn't change the behavior.

more_horiz
hello,

just to make it clear. you start your iso and it starts correctly and comes to the window where you can format your hard disks. so far i dont see an error. since i never used the in place upgrade, i think what you want it start the iso and get a window before the formating window where you can select the upgrade feature?

if yes the steps are skipped because of the AutoUnattend.xml in the root of your iso, you can try to remvoe it first and look if everything works. if yes that means you need at winreducer and the unattanded tab to select less. im not sure what skips the window, but you could try not selecting "Accept Eula" and "hide boot image selection"

more_horiz
Hello KrX,

The in place upgrade (keep all programs, apps and data) is a whole different setup and should actually look like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I tried a setup (with a local copy on C:)  without the AutoUnattend.xml in the setup-root and it still started the wrong setup.

BUT! - I just found out, that it only happens, when the ISO is still mounted (which still contains the AutoUnattend.xml !)
So the windows setup seem to search on EVERY drive in the root for the AutoUnattend.xml  (even on any hard drive).

When I dismount the ISO and start the setup on the local copy on C: the In Place Upgrade starts correctly.

So thanks for the hint with the AutoUnattend.xml.
I will test with different settings.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum