The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Optimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME)

+7
Blaireau
bart3lon
theKramer
mrpotter2510
billybully
YubiGalaxy
winterstorm2050
11 posters

descriptionOptimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME) EmptyOptimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME)

more_horiz
Hello all,

We could discuss here about folders and files which could be removed from the WinSXS and NET Framework folders to reduce even more Windows 8.1 ...

EXPERIMENTAL BUILD (Skydrive link) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This my list of folders and files removed by this WinReducer 8.1 Components :

- FOLDER : Windows\assembly\GAC_32
- FOLDER : Windows\assembly\GAC_64
- FOLDER : Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL

- FOLDER : Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32
- FOLDER : Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_64
- FOLDER : Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL

- FOLDER : Windows\winsxs\windows-imageres
- FOLDER : Windows\winsxs\windows-shell32

Hope you will have more ideas to add in this component to improve the Windows size reducing ... Very Happy 

winterstorm2050

descriptionOptimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME) EmptyRe: Optimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME)

more_horiz
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Theme1
C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Theme2
C:\Windows\Web\Screen

descriptionOptimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME) EmptyRe: Optimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME)

more_horiz
Yes, thank you, but they are already removed if you use WinReducer, and I'm talking about "WinSXS and NET Framework folders" ... Wink

more_horiz
As far as I know, the WinSxS folder could be reduced to as little as 90 folders inside. Doing that would obviously break Windows Update, though.

I will try to upload the whole list today.

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
As far as I know, the WinSxS folder could be reduced to as little as 90 folders inside. Doing that would obviously break Windows Update, though.

I will try to upload the whole list today.
and for me, I just keep 19 folders in windows x64, or 11 folders in windows x86 and it doesn't break anything except Update Very Happy

more_horiz
I'm interested by this, because I have a new wonderful project in my mind, and I think you will be really interested !  Wink

mrpotter2510, are we talking about Windows 8.1 ?

more_horiz
@mrpotter2510 @winterstorm2050  affraid  Yeah, man, haha. Are you talking about Windows 8.1? And are you talking about the WinSxS folder?

Can't wait to hear about it, winter  Very Happy

more_horiz
@winterstorm: Yes, why do you think I'm not talking about Windows 8.1? Neutral

more_horiz
No, Ok that's great ... So I've tried some time ago with an x64 ISO to remove all wow64 and it didn't work ..

more_horiz
So, recently, I vLited a 64 bit Windows 7 image, and I selected to clean the WinSxS folder. The results are as follows:

*WinSxS folder size: 189.35 MB
*Objects inside it: 
     43 AMD64 folders
     1 XML file
     the Catalogs folder
     the Filemaps folder
     the Manifests folder
     1 MSIL folder
     6 WoW64 folders
     28 x86 folders

This is the smallest WinSxS folder I've managed to build on a Windows 7 image, but one could possibly reduce it a few MB more if it wasn't for the Manifests folder (which is the largest one), because he happens to be a bitch when it comes to reduce him (due to the long ass names of the files it contains). A curious thing is that vLite leaves some language pack related objects inside the WinSxS if you don't select the according language pack. It makes me thing that, for example, if you want to keep Spanish, all Spanish related objects must be kept in the WinSxS. 

Now, I'm posting this because I think it might apply to Windows 8 too. If there's some courageous soul out there who wants to try to reduce WinSxS on Windows 8, be my guest.

Here's a list of the files inside my WinSxS folder:

Optimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME) Untitled_zps279bf373

more_horiz
@winterstorm: you must have deleted something else, because I deleted all wow64 too and it always work, I've tested it a hundred times Very Happy 
here is my winsxs Very Happy 
Optimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME) 32110

more_horiz
@mrpotter & billbully: do you guys have full "updateability" in Windows Update?
I think it would be good to have two winSXS methods.
One for people who want to keep windows Update, like me Smile
One for people who just want the smallest ISO possible and dont care about Windows Update..

more_horiz
@theKramer: as i posted before, it will break Windows Update Neutral 
and for now I think that winsxs removal without breaking Windows Update on Windows 8.1 is still a mystery Neutral

more_horiz
@theKramer: Yeah, dude. There's no way to reduce WinSxS (I mean, reduce it as extremely as we do) without breaking Windows Update.

@mrpotter2510:  affraid Holy crap, man. I will try your configuration with my Windows 8 ISO and with my Windows 7 ISO, to see if it works for me.

more_horiz
@billybully: Yeah, you should try it, i've used that configuration since Windows 8 and it works good Very Happy

more_horiz
Thank you mrpotter2510 ! This is an amazing sharing !  bounce 

I will create a special build, this week-end to try this but for the folders "catalogs, filemaps and manifests", did you clean them also ?

Thank you for your answer ...  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Guys, let me also contribute to this very interesting discussion. Very Happy

I must admit I find this kind of "extreme" WinSxS removal an interesting exercise but also one that is not really productive in the end. Mrpotter2510 refers above to "winsxs removal without breaking Windows Update" as a "mystery". Well, it is hardly any mystery at all. I would recommend reading some information about what the winsxs is and what it does. Granted, Microsoft did a poor job of how it had been handled up to Windows 8.1. But with the latest Windows release there is very little sense in my opinion to continue "reducing" and "cleaning up" this folder. Windows (at long last...) can do a pretty good job of that on its own.

With Windows 8.1, Microsoft also added an important DISM command switch, which is "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore". You can read more about it here http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn251566.aspx. It shows (among other things) how much of the WinSXS size is shared with other Windows folders. Running it now on my Win 8.1 x86 installation shows that my WinSxS folder is 1.90 GB but 1.71 GB of it is shared with Windows - meaning these are all hard links to various Windows folders. Shocked

Now, without going into technicalities, the NTFS file system implemented since NT4 supports a feature known as hard links. It provides the ability to keep a single copy of file which can appear in various (multiple) folders. The important thing is that hard links do not take any additional space. A file may appear to be located in 10 different folders but it still occupies as much space as it does as a single file. 
To put it simply, WinSxS folder actually IS Windows (since the days of Windows Vista). What we see in all other Windows (and Program Files) folders are only hard links to the files residing in all those thousands of WinSxS subfolders. Unfortunately, Windows Explorer can't properly handle hard links and treats them as separate files, occupying additional space. The above DISM command can partly remedy that. There are also external programs that can help to avoid this confusion. I recommend the excellent Hardlink Shell Extension from Hermann Schinagl (http://schinagl.priv.at). After installation, it adds a few two things to the system, including easy creation and deletion of hard links. Importantly, it adds an additional tab to file (or directory) properties in Windows Explorer, which lists (any) existing hard links. Right-clicking on a file and choosing "Properties" and then the new "Link Properties" tab will show the type of link, its reference count and enumerate the hard linked files in their folders. The other handy feature is a small red arrow in the left lower corner of any file that is hard linked anywhere on the disk. This way, you can have a quick look at any Windows and Program Files folders and see what's going on.

OK, so what does cleaning up the WinSxS folder do? Deleting most of the files from this folder DOES NOT yield any significant space gain. What happens is that the files do not reside in the WinSxS folder anymore but are instead "moved" to their appropriate Windows directories (that is actually not entirely accurate but I will just leave it like that for the sake of simplicity). That also explains why deleting a file from a Windows folder (in most cases) does not result in any space gain, unless we also remove the hard linked file from the WinSxS.

Another important feature added to Windows 8.1 is one more new DISM command switch. This one is actually used by Winterstorm as a means of cleaning the WinSxS on the first system boot up. What is important about the "/ResetBase" switch added to ""Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup" is that it "removes all superseded versions of every component in the component store" (once again, have a read on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] What it means is that after adding Microsoft updates and running this command all "older" updated file copies are removed from the WinSxS folder. Up until Windows 8.1, the WinSxS kept growing and growing as Windows kept all file versions, and these were not hard linked. If you looked into the WinSxS on Windows 8 or 7, you could for example see 10 or more shell32.dll files in separate folders, each occupying nearly 20 MB (again, I'm simplifying things as there was an update to improve that by means of file compression).

To sum it up, the whole Microsoft's concept of deploying and servicing Windows installation is based on the WinSxS folder. Its integrity is the only way to keep Windows Update intact. "Extreme" cleaning does not yield significant space gain. Sure, there are files in WinSxS that are not hard linked anywhere, but they are kept for various reasons (plug and play comes to mind as an obvious example) and I know far better ways of spending time than hunting for and deleting those files. Basketball

I'm all for reducing the bloat of Windows but, as I mentioned elsewhere, my priority will always be a FULLY working Windows installation, an important part of which is Windows Update. What I find really great about Winterstorm's Windows Reducer is that it keeps Windows Update fully working. There are other programs out there to slim down Windows 8.1 that use a more "elegant" package-oriented approach throughout, similar to what is implemented on Winreducer's "Integrated Default Features" tab. The only problem is that this approach makes it very hard to have fully working Windows Update - most updates will install just fine but some will error out and refuse to install (speaking from hands-on experience Twisted Evil).

more_horiz
@bart3lon: Thanks for your very clearly comment Very Happy, I also knew that thing before, but the problem is, as you say, explorer can't identify hardlinks, so the Windows size still be recognized bigger than the actual size, with no different from duplicate files. And when your C:\ drive running out of space, you still can't install your software anymore. This thing is very important for anyone have a small HDD space like me Very Happy. And about Windows Update, we can integrate it first, then reduce the OS without a problem Razz

@winterstorm: No, I never touch in those folders, it really be a hard work but just gain a little space. Can you write a tool to do that job, by comparing the name of deleted folders with the name of files in those folders, and clear them out? Very Happy

more_horiz
Hey guys, you really made my day !

This is really, really interesting, and I think bart3lon lightened us about the boot winsxs folder reducing. Even with reducing this folder, the boot wim will not be reduce as we think !

I'm agree with you my friends, I really enjoy reducing windows (yes, with a fully functional system according to what I need to do) and even if I loose Windows Updates (integrated them is possible before reducing process and should be better anyway).

So, I'm working on creating this highly experimental build to see what happens ...  bounce An mrpotter2510, yes I will try to reduce all folders also ...  Wink

more_horiz
Hey guys,

mrpotter2510's winsxs cleanup tips is excellent :  Arrow  IT WORKS !  bounce 

Windows starts without troubles even all Windows Features are removed !  Very Happy  But I don't know if there are software bugs or consequences !  Wink 

ISO size has been reduced by 50Mo (from 780 to 730Mo) and the extreme x32 "install.wim" size is only 530Mo !

So, I will try to reduce the "boot.wim" with the same method to see if I could reach an ISO size near 700Mo for Windows 8.1 x32 !

cheers

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
So, I will try to reduce the "boot.wim" with the same method to see if I could reach an ISO size near 700Mo for Windows 8.1 x32 !

cheers

Yo, Winter. I just built a fully working 64 bit Windows 8.1 boot.wim file that is just 165 MB (90 MB lighter than the original). I removed all the folders inside WinSxS except for three. Mind trying it?

Optimizations - Windows WinSXS Files Cleanup (EXTREME) Untitled_zpsb6fe57de

more_horiz
Excellent ! I will test that ... And I will release a test build today ...  Very Happy

EDIT : Billy it's working !!!  bounce

EDIT 2 : x32 ISO size with boot.wim winsxs extreme cleanup = 713MB)

more_horiz
That's great, man Very Happy. Hey, look. I will build a new boot.wim file today and I will try to remove the .NLS files in the System32 folder. There are more than a hundred of them, and, as far as I'm concerned, they aren't needed in a boot image. I will report back later.

more_horiz
Great work, billybully Very Happy
Did you try to remove fonts?

more_horiz
Yeah, potter. I removed everything in the Fonts folder except for a XML file, 35 VGA fonts, and the Segoe UI fonts (which are 6). There were some minor cosmetic failures in the GUI, but nothing that big to worry about Very Happy.

more_horiz
Hey guys, excellent and really interesting ... I will release a special build in less than 1 hour ...  Wink 

Nls files , and other ideas from billybully and mrpotter2510 will implemented later ...  Very Happy

more_horiz
Waiting impatiently Very Happy  bounce  bounce.

Winter, I created a batch file that removes a lot of unneeded files from the boot.wim System32 folder. Check it. You might find a use to it Smile. I haven't tested it yet, but I think it will work (some of the files listed might already be removed by your software, I don't know, I just did it, haha).

Code:

del activeds.dll
del activeds.tlb
del adsldpc.dll
del ARP.EXE
del authui.dll
del authz.dll
del autochk.exe
del autoconv.exe
del bderepair.dll
del bdeui.dll
del BFE.DLL
del blbres.dll
del blb_ps.dll
del bmrui.exe
del BootRec.exe
del clusapi.dll
del cmifw.dll
del comres.dll
del cryptui.dll
del C_10000.NLS
del C_10001.NLS
del C_10002.NLS
del C_10003.NLS
del C_10004.NLS
del C_10005.NLS
del C_10006.NLS
del C_10007.NLS
del C_10008.NLS
del C_10010.NLS
del C_10017.NLS
del C_10021.NLS
del C_10029.NLS
del C_10079.NLS
del C_10081.NLS
del C_10082.NLS
del C_1361.NLS
del C_20000.NLS
del C_20001.NLS
del C_20002.NLS
del C_20003.NLS
del C_20004.NLS
del C_20005.NLS
del C_20105.NLS
del C_20106.NLS
del C_20107.NLS
del C_20108.NLS
del C_20127.NLS
del C_20261.NLS
del C_20269.NLS
del Eap3Host.exe
del eapp3hst.dll
del eappcfg.dll
del eappgnui.dll
del eapphost.dll
del eappprxy.dll
del EAPQEC.DLL
del eapsvc.dll
del esent.dll
del esentutl.exe
del eventcls.dll
del f3ahvoas.dll
del finger.exe
del FirewallAPI.dll
del [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
del fveapi.dll
del fveapibase.dll
del fvecerts.dll
del fveui.dll
del FWPUCLNT.DLL
del FwRemoteSvr.dll
del hhctrl.ocx
del hhsetup.dll
del httpapi.dll
del icfupgd.dll
del IKEEXT.DLL
del imageres.dll
del imapi.dll
del imapi2.dll
del imapi2fs.dll
del inetmib1.dll
del ipconfig.exe
del IPSECSVC.DLL
del jscript.dll
del jsproxy.dll
del kerberos.dll
del keyiso.dll
del loadperf.dll
del lodctr.exe
del manage-bde.exe
del MdSched.exe
del mfc42.dll
del mfc42u.dll
del MPSSVC.dll
del msvcp60.dll
del msxml3.dll
del msxml6.dll
del nbtstat.exe
del ncpa.cpl
del ncsi.dll
del net.exe
del net1.exe
del netbios.dll
del netbtugc.exe
del netcfgx.dll
del netiohlp.dll
del netiougc.exe
del netlogon.dll
del netman.dll
del netsh.exe
del netshell.dll
del NETSTAT.EXE
del nlaapi.dll
del nlasvc.dll
del notepad.exe
del nrpsrv.dll
del nshwfp.dll
del ntlanman.dll
del ntprint.dll
del ntprint.exe
del ntshrui.dll
del odbc32.dll
del odbccp32.dll
del odbcint.dll
del odbctrac.dll
del PATHPING.EXE
del perfc009.dat
del perfctrs.dll
del perfd009.dat
del perfh009.dat
del perfi009.dat
del PING.EXE
del polstore.dll
del print.exe
del rasadhlp.dll
del rasapi32.dll
del rasauto.dll
del rasautou.exe
del raschap.dll
del raschapext.dll
del rasctrs.dll
del rasdlg.dll
del rasman.dll
del rasmans.dll
del rasmbmgr.dll
del rasmxs.dll
del rasppp.dll
del rasser.dll
del rastapi.dll
del rastls.dll
del rastlsext.dll
del ReAgent.dll
del recover.exe
del repair-bde.exe
del riched20.dll
del Robocopy.exe
del ROUTE.EXE
del rstrui.exe
del schannel.dll
del spp.dll
del srclient.dll
del srcore.dll
del sstpsvc.dll
del swprv.dll
del takeown.exe
del tapi32.dll
del tcpipcfg.dll
del tcpmib.dll
del TCPSVCS.EXE
del TRACERT.EXE
del unlodctr.exe
del vbscript.dll
del verifier.dll
del verifier.exe
del vmbuspipe.dll
del vmbusres.dll
del vpnike.dll
del vpnikeapi.dll
del vssapi.dll
del vsstrace.dll
del VSSVC.exe
del vss_ps.dll
del w32time.dll
del wbadmin.exe
del wbengine.exe
del wdigest.dll
del wdscapture.exe
del C_20273.NLS
del C_20277.NLS
del C_20278.NLS
del C_20280.NLS
del C_20284.NLS
del C_20285.NLS
del C_20290.NLS
del C_20297.NLS
del C_20420.NLS
del C_20423.NLS
del C_20424.NLS
del C_20833.NLS
del C_20838.NLS
del C_20866.NLS
del C_20871.NLS
del C_20880.NLS
del C_20905.NLS
del C_20924.NLS
del C_20936.NLS
del C_20949.NLS
del C_21025.NLS
del C_21027.NLS
del C_21866.NLS
del C_28591.NLS
del C_28592.NLS
del C_28593.NLS
del C_28594.NLS
del C_28595.NLS
del C_28596.NLS
del C_28597.NLS
del C_28598.NLS
del C_28599.NLS
del c_28603.nls
del C_28605.NLS
del C_932.NLS
del C_950.NLS
del C_G18030.DLL
del dbgeng.dll
del dbghelp.dll
del defragproxy.dll
del defragsvc.dll
del dhcpcmonitor.dll
del dhcpcore.dll
del dhcpcore6.dll
del dhcpcsvc.dll
del dhcpcsvc6.dll
del DHCPQEC.DLL
del dnscacheugc.exe
del dnsrslvr.dll
del dskquota.dll
del dui70.dll
del kbd101.dll
del kbd101a.dll
del kbd101b.dll
del kbd101c.dll
del kbd103.dll
del kbd106.dll
del kbd106n.dll
del KBDA1.DLL
del KBDA2.DLL
del KBDA3.DLL
del KBDAL.DLL
del KBDARME.DLL
del kbdarmph.dll
del kbdarmty.dll
del KBDARMW.DLL
del kbdax2.dll
del KBDAZE.DLL
del KBDAZEL.DLL
del KBDAZST.DLL
del KBDBASH.DLL
del KBDBE.DLL
del KBDBENE.DLL
del KBDBGPH.DLL
del KBDBGPH1.DLL
del KBDBHC.DLL
del KBDBLR.DLL
del KBDBR.DLL
del KBDBU.DLL
del KBDBUG.DLL
del KBDBULG.DLL
del KBDCA.DLL
del KBDCAN.DLL
del KBDCHER.DLL
del KBDCHERP.DLL
del KBDCR.DLL
del KBDCZ.DLL
del KBDCZ1.DLL
del KBDCZ2.DLL
del KBDDA.DLL
del KBDDIV1.DLL
del KBDDIV2.DLL
del KBDDV.DLL
del KBDES.DLL
del KBDEST.DLL
del KBDFA.DLL
del kbdfar.dll
del KBDFC.DLL
del KBDFI.DLL
del KBDFI1.DLL
del KBDFO.DLL
del KBDFR.DLL
del KBDFTHRK.DLL
del KBDGAE.DLL
del KBDGEO.DLL
del kbdgeoer.dll
del kbdgeome.dll
del kbdgeooa.dll
del kbdgeoqw.dll
del KBDGKL.DLL
del KBDGN.DLL
del KBDGR.DLL
del KBDGR1.DLL
del KBDGRLND.DLL
del KBDGTHC.DLL
del KBDHAU.DLL
del KBDHAW.DLL
del KBDHE.DLL
del KBDHE220.DLL
del KBDHE319.DLL
del KBDHEB.DLL
del kbdhebl3.dll
del KBDHELA2.DLL
del KBDHELA3.DLL
del KBDHEPT.DLL
del KBDHU.DLL
del KBDHU1.DLL
del kbdibm02.dll
del KBDIBO.DLL
del KBDIC.DLL
del KBDINASA.DLL
del KBDINBE1.DLL
del KBDINBE2.DLL
del KBDINBEN.DLL
del KBDINDEV.DLL
del KBDINEN.DLL
del KBDINGUJ.DLL
del KBDINHIN.DLL
del KBDINKAN.DLL
del KBDINMAL.DLL
del KBDINMAR.DLL
del KBDINORI.DLL
del KBDINPUN.DLL
del KBDINTAM.DLL
del KBDINTEL.DLL
del KBDINUK2.DLL
del KBDIR.DLL
del KBDIT.DLL
del KBDIT142.DLL
del KBDIULAT.DLL
del KBDJAV.DLL
del KBDJPN.DLL
del KBDKAZ.DLL
del KBDKHMR.DLL
del KBDKNI.DLL
del KBDKOR.DLL
del KBDKURD.DLL
del KBDKYR.DLL
del KBDLA.DLL
del KBDLAO.DLL
del kbdlisub.dll
del kbdlisus.dll
del kbdlk41a.dll
del KBDLT.DLL
del KBDLT1.DLL
del KBDLT2.DLL
del KBDLV.DLL
del KBDLV1.DLL
del KBDLVST.DLL
del KBDMAC.DLL
del KBDMACST.DLL
del KBDMAORI.DLL
del KBDMLT47.DLL
del KBDMLT48.DLL
del KBDMON.DLL
del KBDMONMO.DLL
del KBDMONST.DLL
del KBDMYAN.DLL
del KBDNE.DLL
del kbdnec.dll
del kbdnec95.dll
del kbdnecat.dll
del kbdnecnt.dll
del KBDNEPR.DLL
del kbdnko.dll
del KBDNO.DLL
del KBDNO1.DLL
del KBDNSO.DLL
del KBDNTL.DLL
del KBDOGHAM.DLL
del KBDOLCH.DLL
del KBDOLDIT.DLL
del KBDOSM.DLL
del KBDPASH.DLL
del kbdphags.dll
del KBDPL.DLL
del KBDPL1.DLL
del KBDPO.DLL
del KBDRO.DLL
del KBDROPR.DLL
del KBDROST.DLL
del KBDRU.DLL
del KBDRU1.DLL
del KBDRUM.DLL
del KBDSF.DLL
del KBDSG.DLL
del KBDSL.DLL
del KBDSL1.DLL
del KBDSMSFI.DLL
del KBDSMSNO.DLL
del KBDSN1.DLL
del KBDSORA.DLL
del KBDSOREX.DLL
del KBDSORS1.DLL
del KBDSORST.DLL
del KBDSP.DLL
del KBDSW.DLL
del KBDSW09.DLL
del KBDSYR1.DLL
del KBDSYR2.DLL
del KBDTAILE.DLL
del KBDTAJIK.DLL
del KBDTAT.DLL
del KBDTH0.DLL
del KBDTH1.DLL
del KBDTH2.DLL
del KBDTH3.DLL
del KBDTIFI.DLL
del KBDTIFI2.DLL
del KBDTIPRC.DLL
del KBDTIPRD.DLL
del KBDTT102.DLL
del KBDTUF.DLL
del KBDTUQ.DLL
del KBDTURME.DLL
del KBDTZM.DLL
del KBDUGHR.DLL
del KBDUGHR1.DLL
del KBDUK.DLL
del KBDUKX.DLL
del KBDUR.DLL
del KBDUR1.DLL
del KBDURDU.DLL
del KBDUSA.DLL
del KBDUSL.DLL
del KBDUSR.DLL
del KBDUSX.DLL
del KBDUZB.DLL
del KBDVNTC.DLL
del KBDWOL.DLL
del KBDYAK.DLL
del KBDYBA.DLL
del KBDYCC.DLL
del KBDYCL.DLL
del PkgMgr.exe
del setup.bmp
del SmiEngine.dll
del wdscore.dll
del wdscsl.dll
del WdsImage.dll
del wdstptc.dll
del webio.dll
del webservices.dll
del wer.dll
del werdiagcontroller.dll
del wermgr.exe
del werui.dll
del wevtsvc.dll
del wfapigp.dll
del wimserv.exe
del winbio.dll
del WindowsCodecs.dll
del winhttp.dll
del winipsec.dll
del winload.efi
del winmm.dll
del winresume.efi
del WinSCard.dll
del winspool.drv
del wlanutil.dll
del wmicmiplugin.dll
del wshnetbs.dll

more_horiz
Thank you billybully, I will have a closer look on your interesting list !

You could download the experimental build using the skydrive link in the 1st post !

You could use this build, like the stable one ... To use experimental components, go in "Remover" tab then, "Optimizations" and use the 2 "EXPERT" to cleanup Net Framework folders and/or WinSXS ...  bounce 

more_horiz
So will this clean WinSxS like mrpotter2510 said? Will this clean the boot.wim WinSxS like I said? What's the change log, dude? Lol.

more_horiz
To all your questions, I could answer yes ...

lol! 

So, it will completely clean winsxs folder, in both install.wim and boot.wim !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum