The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionKeep files EmptyKeep files

more_horiz
Hi,

i know it was somewhere discussed before but i wanted to write it in the request forum.

It would be really awesome if you could add a windows where we could add files that we want to keep.

i.e.

Windows\System32\atmfd.dll
Windows\System32\atmlib.dll
Windows\System32\attrib.exe
Windows\System32\batt.dll
Windows\System32\BOOTVID.DLL
Windows\System32\browcli.dll

we should also be able to save it, at our .wccf or if not in a separate file

i think it should be added for WinReducer 7 & 8.1

descriptionKeep files EmptyRe: Keep files

more_horiz
Hello,

This is a top priority on my ToDo list, but for the moment I haven't find enough time to start working on it, but I will because I would like it to be finished before the release of the Windows 9 1st Public build (in September) !

Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Big Thanks Wink

more_horiz
hey i was a bit thinking about that keeping list.

it would be good if there would be 2 or 3 sections.

for boot.wim, install.wim and for the iso-root

also i think it would be nice if there would be that keep-list AND a remove-list

there could be also those 3 sections and we could add files that will be deleted by winreducer, like the batch files i use.
I think it would be really nice with that remove-list because we would not need to use winreducer and batch files etc (all done in one step ! )

for adding files (in the keep or remove list) it would be nice if we could add them like text (i.e. in a text/multiline box)
and also via a button and selecting them via fileopendialog

if you want i could make a prototype to make it clear what i mean Razz

more_horiz
Hey KrX,

That sounds excellent to my ears my friend !

Everything you mentioned, here, should be easily integrated into WinReducer 8.1 !

I will keep my actual system (for newbies), and add your request as an expert option in the preset tab, which overwrite the other one if you activate it : what do you think about this ?

Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

I will keep my actual system (for newbies), and add your request as an expert option in the preset tab, which overwrite the other one if you activate it : what do you think about this ?

it sounds really nice Wink

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just to inform you that this functionality will be available really soon ! Just a matter of days ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

Just to inform you that this functionality will be available really soon ! Just a matter of days ... Wink

thats really excellent Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum