The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinreducer8 seems to be missing updates tab? EmptyWinreducer8 seems to be missing updates tab?

more_horiz
Hi I am trying to update my retail win8 (not8.1) but winreducer8 not showing updates tab under tools -does it load in presets - I think I tried both - am I missing something need to do?

descriptionWinreducer8 seems to be missing updates tab? EmptyRe: Winreducer8 seems to be missing updates tab?

more_horiz
you mean the update tab like in winreducer 8.1 ?

unfortunately there is no, because winterstorm manages the updated himself ad so he does it only for 8.1 (and not windows 8 and windows 7 anymore)

descriptionWinreducer8 seems to be missing updates tab? EmptyRe: Winreducer8 seems to be missing updates tab?

more_horiz
thanks reply - yes I thought maybe as windows 8 obsolete with w8.1 now that may be case -better to remove windows8 reducer prog then from site.

Also can update win8.1 isos from MSoft or winreducer created one be clean installed to system and then using 8 key to activate rather than install w8 old ISO update and then 8.1 over that?

more_horiz
a clean install would be the best.

i would recommend windows 8.1, you can download an iso from microsoft and you can use your win8 key to activate it

i never did that so i dont now much about it maybe this can help:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows/microsoft-product-activation/installation-of-windows-8-1-with-a-windows-8-0-retail-product-key-notes/

http://www.howtogeek.com/187525/how-to-perform-a-clean-install-of-windows-8.1-with-a-windows-8-key/

i think someone else can answer that more detailed.

more_horiz
yes I just found article that says can be done - using w8 key so I guess no need for a W8 disc if have a win8.1 or update disc
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum