The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionSlipstreaming Win10 .iso EmptySlipstreaming Win10 .iso

more_horiz
Hi Guys,

I read on another forum that I could possibly slipstream the Tech Preview (I have latest 9926 build) to include different drivers.

My problem is with a DELL Inspiron M5030 which 'kills' the display half way through the installation of the Tech Preview. It's happened on all builds since early December. I was hoping the latest build would cure the problem.

I've tried various methods - install over Win7, install in different partition, install on re-formatted hard drive - all fail early on during theĀ 'Getting devices ready ...' prompt. Just goes blank (blue/black) but disk light suggests installation is continuing. Obviously a graphics driver problem.

The Microsoft and Insider forums are of no help. They simply suggest all the obvious standard replies which I have done before even posting the problem.

The article I read was referring to slipstreaming drivers downloaded from the AMD site, exactly the same failure occurred on this DELL with Win8 installations. He suggested it would work with Win10. He used the WinRedecer together with the downloaded drivers and the .iso to create a slipstreamed .iso. The installation then worked.

See: en.communty.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/1953531'

I've downloaded the WinReducer 10 thinking this was more suitable for the Win10 .iso. It's on a separate Win 7 machine, but when I run it the response is 'Your Operating System is not compatible with WinReducer 10.0'.

I assume I need to use an alternative version. Am I correct in assuming I can do what I want to, if so which version of WinReducer should I use and can you provide a direct link to the relevant download?

Any help or alternative suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks
Gareth

descriptionSlipstreaming Win10 .iso EmptyRe: Slipstreaming Win10 .iso

more_horiz
hi,

i cant say anything about the driver.

if you want to modify a windows 10 iso you need to use WinReducer 10 for that.

Also to run WinReucer 10 you need as installed operation system windows 10 (because of some files/software that WinReducer needs from windows 10)

so you could install windows 10 on a virtual machine and integrate your dirver with winreducer 10 on that virtual machine.

to add your dirvers you will need to extract the downlaoded .exe file (i.e. with 7zip -> extract) and select the folder with winreducer.

more_horiz
Hi,

Thanks for your comments.
As I said in my initial query, I can't run WinReducer 10 on a Win10 installation because I haven't got one - that's the problem. Half way through the installation of Win10 Tech Preview the display goes blank - and never returns. No matter which type of installation I try - over win7, dual boot with win7 or in virtual machine. The installation kills the display!
I want to slipstream latest AMD Catalyst software suite into the latest build of Win10 Tech Preview to create a new .iso. According to another user, this was the work around for the Win8 installation to work on this particular laptop - and he ran it on a Win7 machine to create a Win8 .iso - and he believes it should work for Win10 as well.

Can I not use an earlier version of WinReducer to do this?

Gareth

more_horiz
unfortunately an earlier version wont work also.

and its really interesting that it does not work on an virtual machine.

the only way i could think of integrating the driver would be via dism (manually) or use WinToolkit (from legolash2o)

more_horiz
I'll give them a try.
I've also been told that maybe the new version of nLite might be able to help. It's been updated to include Win10 Preview (whatever that means). Obviously if it has to run on a Win10 machine then that's of no help.

Thanks for your comments.
Gareth

more_horiz
if you tried it and it works, post it so other users that get the same problem will how how to solve it.

GarethGarswood wrote:
I've also been told that maybe the new version of nLite might be able to help. It's been updated to include Win10 Preview (whatever that means).

it means that the tool support / can handle / use the windows 10 (preview) iso to modify it.

more_horiz
So that's what I want, right?

Yes, will post once I've given it a go, although the interface is totally different to the old XP version, so may have to ask them for some guidance.

Gareth

more_horiz
yes that should also work. but i didnt test this tool much yet so i dont know how to use it.

but wintoolkit is also good and easy to use

start it -> all in one integrator -> select you iso/extracted folder -> "select" and select the image -> at "driver" tab select the extracted folder from your driver -> click start

thats it

more_horiz
Hello,

You need to take care about one thing about windows 10 ... it's still in development and submit to important changes in the future, so all other software or drivers couldn't support perfectly Windows 10 and are submit to important changes according to Windows 10 changes.

It's also the case with WinReducer 10.0 (Beta = it works but not perfectly), there are still bugs while removing or integrating things, this is related to Microsoft Windows 10 Technical Previews ... so for the moment, the WinReducer 10.0 support is really limited.

And, to answer you, all WinReducer Software have no descendant compatibility, so only ascendant compatibility is available, due to MS technical restrictions and improvements, to avoid troubles for final users.

As KrX told you, you could use temporary a virtual machine, and create your own ISO, or use other software like WinToolkit, ntlite or do it manually is also possible ... and in the KrX's previous post you have a mini tutorial to use ... Wink

Have a good day !

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm,

Thanks for that.

I've tried Wintoolkit V1.5.3.10 and it wouldn't accept the Win10 Tech Preview image. It invited me to use V2.0 instead. Downloaded it but it is unfinished. The 'All in one integrator', although referred to on the welcome screen, is not actually one of the menu options yet. To be fair, on the download page it does state that some options are not yet available, V2 is still in development.

Will be trying some of the other packages later today. Will keep you posted on the results.

Gareth
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum