The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[KrX Product] WIm Filelist Empty[KrX Product] WIm Filelist

more_horiz
Hi,

i created a small tool named "Wim Filelist" which i wanted to present to you. Its free to use.

[KrX Product] WIm Filelist Wimfil11
[KrX Product] WIm Filelist Wimfil12

So what is it for?

This small tool makes a file which contains ALL files that exist in a .wim file.

This ImageX code is used:

ImageX.exe /dir "%YOUR_EXTRACTED_FOLDER%\sources\install.wim" "%YOUR_EDITIONS_NUMBER%" > "%USERPROFILE%\File.txt"

Why would you need a filelist?

I use it for testing and to find a file that cause a problem or bug for my Windows.
I.e. i use this tool to create a filelist of a .wim file.
After that i use WinReducer to remove a component, which cause for me an error/bug etc.
After WinReducer is finished i use this tool again to create a second filelist.
Now i use the Programm "WinMerge" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to create with those 2 filelist a new list which contains only the removed files (which i removed via WinReducer).
And now i start again with an fresh untouched .iso file and remove manually and step by step the files that WinReducer also does to find what file is causing my Problem.

How to use Wim Filelist?

Just start it, and select the wim file from which you want to create a filelist.
After that you can click on "Show all Index" to see a list of indexes your wim contains, i.e if you have got "Windows 7 x86" and "Windows 7 x64".
Just select now the Index and choose an location for the output file.
Now click on create, thats it.

ImageX will be extracted when starting and deleted when closing Wim Filelist !!!

Download:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

description[KrX Product] WIm Filelist EmptyRe: [KrX Product] WIm Filelist

more_horiz
hy KrX, i need your software, link is not working. If you can, please upload it again. Thanks

more_horiz
other: long time ago i created a win 7 iso. It is last good iso i created ever.
I want to make same with new untouched iso.
Your tool and winmerge can help me? Or any other suggetion.

more_horiz
greenworld wrote:
hy KrX, i need your software, link is not working. If you can, please upload it again. Thanks

i reuploaded it and you can find the link in the first post

greenworld wrote:
other: long time ago i created a win 7 iso. It is last good iso i created ever.
I want to make same with new untouched iso.
Your tool and winmerge can help me? Or any other suggetion.

my tool creates just a list of all existing files and folders which are present at your install.wim/boot.wim

so it wont reduce anything like winreducer.

what i do with it is to compare 2 wim files for i.e bug hunting. like if someone got an problem with some winreducer component like Windows firewall and i tested it myself and could reproduce his bug. than i use an untouched iso and create with wim filelist an list with all files/folder that are present at my untouched install.wim, after that i use winreducer and remove windows firewall which creates the bug. after that i create a second filelist with the reucerd install.wim.

so i get 1 text file from my untouched and working .wim and 1 with the problem, after that i use winmerge to compare those 2 lists and i can see the difference (so i see all files and folders that were removed by winreducer -> windows firewall).

after i got all the files that belong to windows firewall i use my untouched install.wim again and i mount it and remove each time like 3-5 files/folders that belong to windows firewall, till i get the files/folders that are needed so this bug does not happen.

more_horiz
i got, thanks.

more_horiz
hi KrX, i need your software, link is not working. If you can, please upload it again. Thanks

more_horiz
amer7 wrote:
hi KrX, i need your software, link is not working. If you can, please upload it again. Thanks

hi, thanks for the info i updated the like to my dropbox. now it should stay online FOREVER !!! xD

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
amer7 wrote:

hi, thanks for the info i updated the like to my dropbox. now it should stay online FOREVER !!! xD

thank you bounce

more_horiz
i solved some bugs and updates the "show all index" window to show the language of each index and also the FULL version number

more_horiz
Fixed a bug where the Software would crash when canceling the windows where you select the wim file

more_horiz
Thank you for this utility. It won't work on my .Wim's

Error, index=0 is not available. It won't show any index either.

please help.

more_horiz
ceo54 wrote:
Thank you for this utility. It won't work on my .Wim's

Error, index=0 is not available. It won't show any index either.

please help.

hello,

unfortunatelly i droped this tool, since i am make a new once since some time but it will probably need some more testing, so it wont be published till the end of the year.

Sneak peek (the GUI will probably change till the official release totally but the functions will be the same)

[KrX Product] WIm Filelist Unbena13

so for now you could try this command for your wim, just change the path to your correct WIM location, pic a index where "YOUR_EDITIONS_NUMBER" is written and than use a path to where the generated file sould be saved

KrX wrote:

So what is it for?

This small tool makes a file which contains ALL files that exist in a .wim file.

This ImageX code is used:

ImageX.exe /dir "%YOUR_EXTRACTED_FOLDER%\sources\install.wim" "%YOUR_EDITIONS_NUMBER%" > "%USERPROFILE%\File.txt"

more_horiz
I only have one SKU on my image. It's Index number is 1. Your manual command did the trick, thanks.

more_horiz
One more question: How can I save the difference of the two files with Winmerge?

All the lines that are not present in the 2nd file, how to save that to another text file with same format ?

more_horiz
ceo54 wrote:
One more question: How can I save the difference of the two files with Winmerge?

All the lines that are not present in the 2nd file, how to save that to another text file with same format ?

with winmerge i never found out how to create a file with the same format. i only found this way:

(i dont know if all the buttons are named correctly in english, i just translate them):
click on TOOLS than GENERATE PATCH. hit next to result on SEARCH and select where to save the result. and hit ok.
that generated file wont look nice...
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum