The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Continue to get the error Unhandled Exception. Empty[ANSWERED] Continue to get the error Unhandled Exception.

more_horiz
Something about my path not being correct, or something missing? I'm not entirely sure what it was. I copied the log and I hope that works. I've been trying to convert this singular install.esd into a .wim for several days so that I can finally install windows on my external drive and it's been maddening. I just found out about this program today and was attempting to use it with. Er. Little experience in most of these things.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, unless it's taking the file and copying it to my desk top, if that's messing something up. I'm trying to convert it to .WIM there, because I can't seem to navigate into the ISO to find it there using the program.

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'Microsoft.Windows.Diagnosis.Commands.UpdateDiagReport.resources.dll'.
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at WinReducerWimConverter.Form_Main.bGW_MOUNT_Cleanup()
   at WinReducerWimConverter.Form_Main.bGW_Convert_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
   at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
----------------------------------------
WinReducerWimConverter
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5594.23535
    Win32 Version: 2.5.2.0
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
System.Drawing
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
System.Configuration

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

description[ANSWERED] Continue to get the error Unhandled Exception. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Continue to get the error Unhandled Exception.

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

Just for a clarification, your question is about "WinReducer Wim Converter" ? Because you post in the WinReducer 8.1 forum. Don't worry there are no problem, and depending on your answer I will move your post to the correct forum ... Smile

1st question, did you download Wim Converter from the official winreducer.net website ?

description[ANSWERED] Continue to get the error Unhandled Exception. EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Continue to get the error Unhandled Exception.

more_horiz
Oh! It definitely is, derp. Sorry about that! Winreducer wim converter.
And yes, I believe I got it from the official site.

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER WIM CONVERTER" FORUM !

more_horiz
No problem ... Smile

So, could you please try this :

1 - Which Operating System are you using (Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1 or 10) ?
2 - Re-Download the package from the official software website page : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3 - Verify that your ESD is not encrypted (Wim Converter is by definition a converter but not a decrypter)
4 - try another time to convert your file
5 - describe how you do your conversion and which moment it displays this message

Thank you very much.

more_horiz
I'm currently using Windows 8.1
And I've redownloaded the program.

OH! It is encrypted. So I'll have to decrypt it first before this will work, I'm assuming.

Uh, I have a Windows 8.1 ISO image that I've mounted to a virtual drive and generally I copy the install.esd over to my desktop and then attempt to open it from Winreducer and change the file type, except around halfway through it tells me that the pathway is wrong and I get that error.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum