The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionCannot boot from ISO created by WinReducer 8.1 v2.0.0.0 EmptyCannot boot from ISO created by WinReducer 8.1 v2.0.0.0

more_horiz
I'm using WR 8.1 v2.0.0.0 to incorporate Windows updates into a Dell Windows 8.1 OEM installation.

Things tried:

-Installed all required software packages for WR to work.
-All items are green and turned on in the configuration section.
-When successfully mounting the folder containing the OEM installation OS files and folders, selected 1 - Windows 8.1 Single Language (x64) (en-US). (2 - Core and 3 - Pro are also selectable options.)
-In Presets-- Set "Automatic removing process" to Off. Turned On all "Protect" items.
-In Remover section, selected only 'Keyboards' and 'Languages.' All other options unchecked.
-All other settings are default.
-WIM or ISO stting to Off.

Clicked Apply.

Selected "Save in an ISO file" and generated the ISO.
Burned the ISO to disk AND used RUFUS and Windows 7 USB DVD download tool to create bootable USB from the ISO.
Tried turning on/off "UEFI boot compatibility" switch.

Bootable device is detected by the computer and will boot physically as well as in VirtualBox. However, I see what appears to be the powder blue Windows 8.1 recovery screen, rather than the Windows logo.

The message headline is Recovery. Then the next line states "Your PC needs to be repaired. A required device isnt connected or cant be accessed. Error code 0x000000f."

I really like the tool and hope to use it if I can get past this final hurdle.

descriptionCannot boot from ISO created by WinReducer 8.1 v2.0.0.0 EmptyRe: Cannot boot from ISO created by WinReducer 8.1 v2.0.0.0

more_horiz
Hello,

Could please try the same procedure with another Windows Edition (in your ISO choose "3 - Pro" for example). Thank you to tell me the result, it's just to see if there are no troubles with single languages editions.

Have a good day !

descriptionCannot boot from ISO created by WinReducer 8.1 v2.0.0.0 EmptyRe: Cannot boot from ISO created by WinReducer 8.1 v2.0.0.0

more_horiz
The same result is returned. Error 0x000000f.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum