The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] How to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7? Empty[ANSWERED] How to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7?

more_horiz
Hi,

May I know how to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7?
I wish to remove unwanted features in Windows 8.1 DVD and make a slimmed DVD before I install it.

Winreducer 8.1 does not work in Windows 7.
Winreducer 7 does not support Windows 8.1.

Must I install Windows 8.1 first before I can use Winreducer 8.1 to make a slimmed Windows 8.1 ISO, then format and install with the new slimmed Windows 8.1?

Thank you.

description[ANSWERED] How to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] How to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7?

more_horiz
Because you can't set what dsim to use in winreducer, unfortunately the best way to do it would be use a virtual machine like virtual box, install windows 8.1 on it and then from there inside it build your reduced iso

description[ANSWERED] How to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] How to make a Windows 8.1 ISO in Windows 7?

more_horiz
1.) Winreducer 8.1 does not work in Windows 7.
2.) Winreducer 7 does not support Windows 8.1.

1.) wont work
2.) should normally work

like spidernz already said, you could use a virtual machine and install windows 8.1. After that use winreducer in the virtual machine and create your slim windows

more_horiz
But I have tried to mount a Windows 8.1 ISO in Winreducer 7 4.0.0.0 and it didn't work, saying something like no supported edition.

From winreducer website :
WinReducer 7.0 is ONLY compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8.0 and 7 installed system and Windows 7 ISO !

Looks like there isn't any shortcuts for me to create a customized Win 8.1 without installing Win 8.1 first.
And will have to do the same thing next time when I want to make a customized Windows 10.

Thanks spidernz and KrX.

more_horiz
ah ok i think i got your problem.

you are using the software WinReducer 7 and want to mount a windows 8.1 iso?

if yes, that wont work. you need to use WinReduce 8.1 to customize an windows 8.1 iso

WinReducer 7 is for customizing windows 7.

Like you posted:

From winreducer website :
WinReducer 7.0 is ONLY compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8.0 and 7 installed system and Windows 7 ISO !

WinReducer 7.0 is ONLY compatible with -> Windows 10, 8.1, 8.0 and 7 installed system

Means you can START WinReducer 7 on your installed windows 7 till 10 system

and Windows 7 ISO ! .>   means only an windows 7 ISO is supported

so like i said you need WinReducer 8.1 to customize your Windows 8.1. But also to start WinReducer 8.1 you need Windows 8.1 as your OS.

if you have installed windows 7 on your computer you could install VMware or Virtual box and install windows 8.1 on it. after that use WinReducer 8.1 on that VM so you can cutomize your Windows 8.1 ISO
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum