The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] unable to load preset files wccf Empty[ANSWERED] unable to load preset files wccf

more_horiz
hi folks I am pretty new to this game so please go easy on me but I have been having problems loading the great looking preset files on offer in the forum. at the main screen I am clicking load and going to where I have saved the wccf file but I get the following message on everyone I have tried "an error has been detected while loading your file".

any help would be greatly appreciated

thankyou

description[ANSWERED] unable to load preset files wccf EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] unable to load preset files wccf

more_horiz
hi,

do you mean the preset files from here ?

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/f26-presets

which preset did you try?

if the wccf file is a bit older it could be that this could help you:

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1351-trouble-with-first-install-of-new-winreducer-ex-81#12284

description[ANSWERED] unable to load preset files wccf EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] unable to load preset files wccf

more_horiz
IMO, if you are just starting out, and you don't have too many removals to make, it is better to select components for removal yourself, rather than use a wccf file. Too many things can go wrong when you use a preset file created on another machine, unless you really know what each removal in it does.

more_horiz
thanks for your replies its very much appreciated. to be honest I in the middle of making an htpc that I have managed to run windows 8 on but only from an external hard drive. I plan on turning it into an htpc but with a windows operating system but the internal ssd is only 16gb so I am attempting to reduce it from all the bloatware and all the other things that I would probably never use as an htpc. I have previously ran openelec on it but I would much prefer my windows 8.1 disc on it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou

more_horiz
Hello,

Maybe you should be interested by "WinReducer for Kodi", which is another project in development, and will be available soon ... Wink

Thread link : https://winreducer.forumotion.com/f55-winreducer-for-kodi

more_horiz
stadjadajafrbe150 wrote:
thanks for your replies its very much appreciated. to be honest I in the middle of making an htpc that I have managed to run windows 8 on but only from an external hard drive. I plan on turning it into an htpc but with a windows operating system but the internal ssd is only 16gb so I am attempting to reduce it from all the bloatware and all the other things that I would probably never use as an htpc. I have previously ran openelec on it but I would much prefer my windows 8.1 disc on it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thankyou

I have done that, installed Win 8.1 on a 16 GB SSD. Two big things you can disable using winreducer are the pagefile and hibernation - together, that would save several GB. If you absolutely need pagefile for some reason, set it to a low size using winreducer.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum