The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[SOLVED] Installation problem

+5
KrX
aymanalz
winterstorm2050
ElChoclo
Metaleiroll
9 posters

description[SOLVED] Installation problem Empty[SOLVED] Installation problem

more_horiz
Windows 10 Build 10240 x64 PT-BR ISO Oficial downloaded from media creation tool
WinReducer  EX-100 - v0.4.0.0

Sorry i cant say what really is the problem but i've tried all of the items in Windows Features list, none of them were the problem with automatic removing process on, and i'm really tired of testing, so maybe some of you can help me.  Smile

By the way there are some itens from windows 8.1 to edit and remove on the winreducer software that doesnt exist on anymore windows 10

My WCCF
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The messege below says "The computer was restarted in an unexpected form or found an unexpected error. The Windows instalation cant continue. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer and restart the installation"

[SOLVED] Installation problem Screen10

description[SOLVED] Installation problem EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Installation problem

more_horiz
Hello,

I encountered the same problem. (with the original Iso:

[SOLVED] Installation problem BoQb0pjRCigAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
I think the problem comes from the integration of Framework.

(Element Category="System" Name="Integrate - Net Framework 3.5" Selected="true)

because with the following parameter:

Element Category="Features" Name="Net Framework 3.5" Selected="false" Value="remove"

the problem no longer appears.

This hypothesis deserves to be confirmed.

Good day.

more_horiz
Hello Metaleiroll,

Metaleiroll wrote:
Windows 10 Build 10240 x64 PT-BR ISO Oficial downloaded from media creation tool
WinReducer  EX-100 - v0.4.0.0
Sorry i cant say what really is the problem but i've tried all of the items in Windows Features list, none of them were the problem with automatic removing process on, and i'm really tired of testing, so maybe some of you can help me.  Smile

I've tried with a HOME x64 (pt-BR) and it worked without troubles with your wccf.

Maybe your ISO is corrupted or something happened during the removing process (antivirus, ...). You may try to download the ISO directly from MS website, using the 1st link provided in this thread : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And just a thought, I'm constantly having troubles to download ISO using  "Media Creation Tool".

Metaleiroll wrote:
By the way there are some itens from windows 8.1 to edit and remove on the winreducer software that doesnt exist on anymore windows 10

Yes, I know, and it will be progressively solved ... Wink

more_horiz
^^
Check the MD5 hash of your ISO, and see if it is the same as that of the original, before downloading again. (Google should get you the MD5 for the original.)

more_horiz
Hello Winterstorm 2050
Hello Everyone

I tested the net framework issue quoted by ElChoclo, and actually it was a problem but i think it might be my ISO, i know it is not corrupted cause i'm using it on my pc, but something is wrong with it, and i noticed that the net framework file went in the x86 folder in integration while my iso is x64, so that might be it. I'm downloading a new iso on the link you posted, and i'll try it again and report the result, thanks everyone for the help.

more_horiz
I've tested with the new ISO and it worked perfectly so.. my fault all the time xD. Sorry for that and thank you for the help, but there is another problem, i cant install Net Framework 3.5 online or offline and not even repair Dism, and if i activate the integration by the Winreducer software i get the previous bug.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
and i noticed that the net framework file went in the x86 folder in integration while my iso is x64, so that might be it.

hey,

did you select at the winreducer update tool the "x64" so that the 64bit Version willl be downloaded? or did you maybe "accidently selected the x86 ?

if you selected x64 and the x86 was downloaded, there is something wrong at winreducer (update cataloge)

more_horiz
when appear this error please shift + enter and try this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\ChildCompletion]
"setup.exe"=dword:00000003

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
Metaleiroll wrote:
and i noticed that the net framework file went in the x86 folder in integration while my iso is x64, so that might be it.

hey,

did you select at the winreducer update tool the "x64" so that the 64bit Version willl be downloaded? or did you maybe "accidently selected the x86 ?

if you selected x64 and the x86 was downloaded, there is something wrong at winreducer (update cataloge)

No its the sxs file that win reducer gets from the iso, i didnt used the update tool cause it wasnt working for me. On the new iso i downloaded, the file went to x64 folder.

more_horiz
I had the same problem, it worked fine without .NET Framework 3.5 and the installation failed with the same message when I integrated it.

But I fiddled around with what to remove and got it to work by keeping something from either Features or Services. I sadly can't rememver which. If I had to take a guess, it's either Internet Information Services or Microsoft Message Queuing.

Anyway, here's my config, maybe that's of some help. It installs fine for me.

more_horiz
anon768 wrote:
I had the same problem, it worked fine without .NET Framework 3.5 and the installation failed with the same message when I integrated it.

But I fiddled around with what to remove and got it to work by keeping something from either Features or Services. I sadly can't rememver which. If I had to take a guess, it's either Internet Information Services or Microsoft Message Queuing.

Anyway, here's my config, maybe that's of some help. It installs fine for me.

Yeah i tested once with removing almost all the Features exept for Framework 4.6 and 3.5, and tried with integration of Framework 3.5, and i got the error, but when i just integrated Framework 3 and none other modification it worked. It might be a Feature and a Service as you said cause i always use Automatic removing process. I'm gonna try with those two features you mentioned and report as soon as i can. Thank you for your help.

more_horiz
Congratulations!

Very interesting, I am the deal !!

more_horiz
I just tested Removing Internet Information Services and Microsoft Message Queuing with NetFramework 3 Integration and the bug was there =D, now i just need to find out which one is the problem.

more_horiz
The problem seems to be IIS in which if Automatic Removing Process is enabled also remove Family Safety Service, dont know which one breaks DISM and NetFramework. And Microsoft Message Queuing doesnt seem to break anything but i'm still testing.

more_horiz
Finally finished testing, IIS breaks NetFramework and DISM, thankyou all everyone. I cant tell what really breaks but if you remove IIS and try to use DISM you'll get a message like, "Failure in the remote procedure call", so maybe that helps fixing it.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Finally finished testing, IIS breaks NetFramework and DISM, thankyou all everyone. I cant tell what really breaks but if you remove IIS and try to use DISM you'll get a message like, "Failure in the remote procedure call", so maybe that helps fixing it.

I had same problem with broken install, now it's fixed thanks to you.

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes that would help a lot, at least if I will be able to reproduce the bug ... Wink ... because with Windows 10, there are weird things.

Thank you very much for your report and the search to found the responsible component ... Smile

Have a good day !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Yes that would help a lot, at least if I will be able to reproduce the bug ... Wink ... because with Windows 10, there are weird things.

Thank you very much for your report and the search to found the responsible component ... Smile

Have a good day !

Thank you all for the help.  Very Happy

more_horiz
i have tested it with TH2 (10585) updated till december and didnt get this installation error when removing IIS.

also dism is working

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
i have tested it with TH2 (10585) updated till december and didnt get this installation error when removing IIS.

also dism is working

Great news thank you KrX, as soon as i can im gonna test the new Winreducer Relese and i'll report as well.

more_horiz
I tested it with TH2 ISO (10586.36 x64 ja-JP) and still encounted this error when IIS is removed and Net Framework 3.5 is enabled at the same time.

Best Regards.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:

also dism is working

Hey KrX did you had Automatic Removing Process activated when testing the IIS bug?

more_horiz
no i didnt Switch it on.

should i test it again with Automatic Preset ON ?

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
no i didnt Switch it on.

should i test it again with Automatic Preset ON ?

Well only if you wish, cause i'm still getting the error with NetFramework and DISM by removing IIS, and i always use automatic removing process. To be honest the installation doesnt even complete, im getting the missing component error after restart.

more_horiz
so some more question. is your iso updates with the newest catalog from winreducer?

did you also integrate net Framework 3.5 ?

if yes did you try without integrating net Framework? because jpm got here an error during install

maybe ist related?

more_horiz
Well thats part of what im testing and having problems, i did tried with the latest updates from the newest catalog and the updates werent even integrated, i tried integrating with another app and one of the updates isnt recognized as actual update, i did tried without integratign Net Framework but im also having problems in the reducing process, sometimes it takes a huge time to reduce more than 3 hous and most of the time it got stuck while reducing, didnt even passed from features section, i tried another version removing in a VM and i manage to do it after selecting all the components by hand cause everytime i loaded an WFFC, i had the slow process problem. Im gonna test again soon but not today cause i dont have a lot of time right now, as soon as i test i'll report. Also gonna se what else is removed with IIS if automatic removing process is activated to report cause its probably whats causing the NetFramework and DISM bug.
Btw i dont think updates and Net Framework integration is causing this bug. Cause the first thing i tested after build 10586 release, was the IIS bug.

more_horiz
Hello,

I've noted this in my ToDo list for the next builds.

Thanks for the report.

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.9.8.1 (VIP Closed Build) and v1.9.9.0 !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum