The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD Empty[SOLVED] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

more_horiz
After running a winreduced version of Windows 10 x64 for a while I realized that running Process Monitor would induce an UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP BSOD. It's reproducible every single time and so far it's the only software I found that would introduce the BSOD.

I have other less reduced Windows versions running that don't crash when using the tool, so I'm currently whittling down the list to see which component is causing the crash. If you want to be sure that your shrinked Windows is stable, you could try running the tool. It usually crashes after only a second, or after setting the backing file in the menu from memory to a regular file.

In case someone wants to check out my wccf, it can be downloaded here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

description[SOLVED] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

more_horiz
Sorry for the double-post, but I just wanted to indicate my results. The reason for the BSOD is due to Winreducer's way of slipstreaming NetFramework 3.5 into the wim-file. NetFramework seems to work, though. At least, I didn't find a NetFX2.x/3.x program that wouldn't work. The kicker is that Winreducer's slipstream process seems to damage other non-NetFX-files, because Process Monitor doesn't rely on NetFX at all.

To verify that my NetFX.cab wasn't the culprit, I recreated a similar version of Windows with the exact same settings in Winreducer save for the NetFX integration. After installing Windows I applied that NetFX.cab via dism to the system without experiencing any BSOD bugs. The affected Winreducer version is the very latest one: 0.4.3.0

description[SOLVED] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap BSOD

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for the information ... I will update this component ... Smile

more_horiz
hi winter,

did you update the component?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum