The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[ANSWERED] Infinity reboot loop after installation 64 bit

+9
Geekster
expanium
winterstorm2050
Echap
Augusto
KrX
ijence
caphp
kabino
13 posters

description[ANSWERED] Infinity reboot loop after installation 64 bit - Page 2 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Infinity reboot loop after installation 64 bit

more_horiz
It's easy to determine if your computer/laptop support uefi or not .... when you choose to show the boot menu at your computer startup, you will see in the list a name of your usb device (for example) and if the word uefi (or efi) is attached to it, your computer support uefi boot.

And to confirm that after Windows installation, the logo name during the boot screen in uefi should be replaced by your computer manufacturer name (at least asus is doing like this).

Of course do not remove uefi support in WinReducer Wink

The laptop I used is a bios.

description[ANSWERED] Infinity reboot loop after installation 64 bit - Page 2 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Infinity reboot loop after installation 64 bit

more_horiz
Ok thanks. I have been testing I have 2 drives the main which is ssd (and is where i have my windows 10) and other secondary is hdd. I tried to install that Windows on second drive and guessa what?! Loop never appear...  Shocked

So i consider is problem on my main drive... This is getting increasingly strange but I will come to a conclusion soon enoguth.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
It's easy to determine if your computer/laptop support uefi or not .... when you choose to show the boot menu at your computer startup, you will see in the list a name of your usb device (for example) and if the word uefi (or efi) is attached to it, your computer support uefi boot.

And to confirm that after Windows installation, the logo name during the boot screen in uefi should be replaced by your computer manufacturer name (at least asus is doing like this).

Of course do not remove uefi support in WinReducer Wink

The laptop I used is a bios.

does removing UEFI support further reduce the ISO size?

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you solved your ssd/hdd installation trouble ? This is maybe a ssd firmware trouble (too old), or motherboard missing option. But that's starnge, and you are not the only one who have such kind of trouble.

I've found a french discussion (LINK) about new nvidia GeForce 375.63 drivers which solves many troubles with windows 10 anniversary update (v1607).

Removing uefi will not reduce your iso by much (maybe 5mb max.)

I wish you to have a nice day.

more_horiz
Good morning my friend.

I didn't have time to reinstall on my laptop (the one with SSD) but when i have will check if there is some option on bios. SDD firmware is latest some can't be there directly but is something to do with that disk that's for sure.
Need to find to resolve this issue.

Cheers.

more_horiz
Hello

Now it's WORKING finally Very Happy 
I tried reset bios settings back to default and compile Windows 10 with latest WinReducer version and no more loop. Anyone who have problem try this this way.

Have nice week!

more_horiz
Hi,

after several new buildings, the loop seems to belong to the Modern UI Apps.

Example:
- I download Win10_1607_German_x64.iso from MS (Windows Build 10.0.14393.351 (rs1_release or so called Anniversary Update 1607) )
- I used WinReducerEX100 v0.9.11.0
- I used this wccf
Result: there is no loop when installing

Next, I start at the beginning with the original build 10.0.14393.351.
- I used WinReducerEX100 v0.9.11.0
- I used this wccf
Result: loop when installing

Difference between these two settings are the following components:

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Connect" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Content Delivery Manager" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Desktop App Installer" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (Advertising SDK)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (.NET Native)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (Visual C++ Runtime)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="One Connect" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Sticky Notes" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Store" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Windows Store (Purchase App)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Xbox LIVE Games (Identity Provider)" Selected="true" />

Maybe someone can test with these two wccf files and post, if the first one works and the second results in a loop too.
Remember, always start new. Do NOT use a modified iso/wim.

more_horiz

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Sticky Notes" Selected="true" />

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Desktop App Installer" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (Advertising SDK)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (.NET Native)" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (Visual C++ Runtime)" Selected="true" />

those are the once i never removed, and if i would need to choose i would say its the Desktop App Installer. because i dont think sticky notes is causing it and the framework components are new added

more_horiz
You are right KrX cheers 
When I removed the other stuff and only left...

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Desktop App Installer" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Framework (Visual C++ Runtime)" Selected="false" />

...there is no loop while installing the iso.
I will test, if the Visual C++ Runtime is needed.

more_horiz
The Visual C++ Runtime can be removed too.
Desktop App Installer causes the loop this time.

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
You are right KrX cheers

caphp wrote:

Very Happy  yeah sometimes, i just know stuff xD

more_horiz
Thanks a lot i ll try and report after maybe this will be my finals worries hope so...

more_horiz
caphp wrote:

I think both can be removed as it worked for me but when i tried disable Windows Update Services it caused loop so i think there must be a linked feature to Desktop App Installer which is causing your ISO to loop

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I updated the "Services - Windows Update Service" component in v0.9.12.0 (will be released in few hours) to solve troubles, so could you please let me know if these changes will solve the trouble. Thanks.

more_horiz
I'm waiting for past 12 hours for you to release 0.9.12.0 version Razz

more_horiz
The new build will be release in the next hour ...

cheers

more_horiz
Tested without deskop app inst loop is always there unfor this is really insane winstorm.

more_horiz
Hello,

Could you please tell me which Windows 10 version are you using :
- TH1, TH2 pr RS1
- Professonal, Home, ...
- x86 or x64

Are you able to send me your wccf ?

Thanks.

more_horiz
Echap wrote:
Tested without deskop app inst loop is always there unfor this is really insane winstorm.

Did you removed Desktop app ? Then you are facing Infinite Loop ?

As i also removed Desktop app and not facing any loop.

Windows 10 Home Single Language x32

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Could you please tell me which Windows 10 version are you using :
- TH1, TH2 pr RS1
- Professonal, Home, ...
- x86 or x64

Are you able to send me your wccf ?

Thanks.

First of all i use RS1 ISO name is :  fr_windows_10_enterprise_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9058241

Then there is WCCF : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope my problem will be solved fingers crossed ^^.

Otherwise for Desktop app ins no it hasnt removed from what i remember anyway the wccf will tell exactly the situation and thanks Wink.

more_horiz
I tested @Echap WCCF with: 14393.447.home.single.language.x64.english on VBox.

Confirmed. There is loop after installation. Maybe I find what option doing this.

more_horiz
Echap wrote:

First of all i use RS1 ISO name is :  fr_windows_10_enterprise_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9058241

Then there is WCCF : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope my problem will be solved fingers crossed ^^.

Otherwise for Desktop app ins no it hasnt removed from what i remember anyway the wccf will tell exactly the situation and thanks Wink.

you deleted English Language also

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Languages" Name="Language Pack Support" Selected="true" Value="" />  
<Element Category="Remove - Languages" Name="United Kingdom" Selected="true" Value="en-GB" />
<Element Category="Remove - Languages" Name="United States" Selected="true" Value="en-US" />

more_horiz
thanks a lot guys really apreciated Wink.

@sum1saw : So you mean that removing english language is the cause of this problem ??? ^^ this is really beyond my comprehension hhh anyway i ll test and report after this thanks a lot buddy Wink

@devilbat : thanks buddy Wink.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

Thank you for your reports, it will be solved in the next build which will be released tomorrow Wink

I wish you all a nice day !

more_horiz
Ok I think there a tweak which break window to finish instillation causing Loop. Need to confirm as i removed first windows update service which didn't caused Loop but after tweak remove looping start...

more_horiz
indeed sumsaw these componants cause loop :

Code:

<Element Category="Remove - Languages" Name="Language Pack Support" Selected="true" Value="" />  
<Element Category="Remove - Languages" Name="United Kingdom" Selected="true" Value="en-GB" />
<Element Category="Remove - Languages" Name="United States" Selected="true" Value="en-US" />

But i think its not only them buddy i am testing now other stuff and i ll report back after all i can get.

@Winstorm : i'll collect all bugs that causing loop here as soon as possible because my laptop is weak so it takes some time to do so...

more_horiz
OK, but have you updated to the latest November cumulative update ?

more_horiz
fr_windows_10_enterprise_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9058241
tells us this is fuckup torrent ISO :F (updated_jul_2016)

more_horiz
deVilbaT wrote:
fr_windows_10_enterprise_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9058241
tells us this is fuckup torrent ISO :F (updated_jul_2016)

Yes that would be great to precise this information, or even better, to use an official ISO ...

But this time it's the same result with the one I used : the latest enterprise insider build Wink

more_horiz
... and the component which caused the loop is : "Network - Edge (Engine)" !

I also tried with the languages components without loop Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum