The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
here is what i meant with the counting bug.

this time i only removed all modern ui apps and nearly all were counted as 2/39 (till Zune Video)

after that cortana was removed as 16/39:

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 Cifkuecp
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 Gt3glc88
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 4m9bumht

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 Y8q7wc7l

more_horiz
Hi KrX,
I would like to say THANK YOU very much for testing the loop effect.
I'm not able to say, how many tests I made, but I still can not say, what
is responsible for that loop.

Please stop testing.

I would say, that we should take the new Windows 10 1511 and wait for a new version from Winterstorm and than we make a fresh new start...

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
Hi KrX,
I would like to say THANK YOU very much for testing the loop effect.
I'm not able to say, how many tests I made, but I still can not say, what
is responsible for that loop.

Please stop testing.

I would say, that we should take the new Windows 10 1511 and wait for a new version from Winterstorm and than we make a fresh new start...

im nearly through Wink

and im doing a last test which should result in a loop Razz

more_horiz
ok caphp, i tested your wccf file and the only thing what was causing the loop was the tweak:

System - Disable User Account Control (UAC)

so could you test it also?

- use an untouched iso and select your wccf file. deselect the tweak System - Disable User Account Control (UAC) and try that iso file.

- hopefully it will not cause a loop.
- if everything is ok, load that reduced iso and select the System - Disable User Account Control (UAC) tweak. and hopefully it will cause a loop

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
- use an untouched iso and select your wccf file. deselect the tweak System - Disable User Account Control (UAC) and try that iso file.

- if everything is ok, load that reduced iso and select the System - Disable User Account Control (UAC) tweak. and hopefully it will cause a loop

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers  ! You are right ! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I took my posted wccf and deselect UAC and it works. No loop.

Then I took the reduced install.wim, mount it again with winreducer and only select UAC. Loop is back.

I NEVER thought, that the problem could be a tweak...
I select/deselect removements again and again and again in so many diffent ways...and it's a tweak scratch

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
KrX wrote:

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers  ! You are right ! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I took my posted wccf and deselect UAC and it works. No loop.

Then I took the reduced install.wim, mount it again with winreducer and only select UAC. Loop is back.

I NEVER thought, that the problem could be a tweak...
I select/deselect removements again and again and again in so many diffent ways...and it's a tweak scratch

good to hear that it really is this tweaks and now it works.

so @winter, something is breaking with this tweak.

how does the tweak look ?

for disabling it should be :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000000
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000001
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i didnt test it

more_horiz
Thank you again KrX.
Now I can start working with the new 1511.

By the way, if you didn't have the iso till now, the german version can be downloaded at chip.de

more_horiz
what different 5 edition?

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
Thank you again KrX.
Now I can start working with the new 1511.

By the way, if you didn't have the iso till now, the german version can be downloaded at chip.de

i downloaded the new version today morning from here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
pedilover wrote:
Hi winter,
thank you for the great tool.
I found a bug, but I don't know if it is a bug at all ?
In the device Manager my portable devices (USB 3.0 Lexar sticks) are no more recognized from the IOS, but "unknown device".
Have I delete something with the reducer which I didn't have to remove with the reducer ?
Regards
Pedilover

i got this error with your wccf file too.

also something is breaking the installation (features/services) which i will test later after finding the unknown device problem.

in virtual machine at device manager i see the unknown device and i cant install it (install fails) but i can access it from explorer.

edit: it seems to be caused by an removed driver.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
ok caphp, i tested your wccf file and the only thing what was causing the loop was the tweak:

I've told you guys is one of the tweak cause the LOOP, but I don't know which one, and I don't think it will happened again on 1511. Surprised Surprised Surprised

more_horiz
jeffery8341 wrote:
KrX wrote:

I've told you guys is one of the tweak cause the LOOP, but I don't know which one, and I don't think it will happened again on 1511. Surprised Surprised Surprised

yeah thanks for telling it, that saved me a lot of testing Wink

more_horiz
Hi
with my .iso 10240 "System - Disable User Account Control (UAC)" tweak set to true does not produce loop
In case it help to understand
Cheers

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I will release a new build tomorrow, I've changed the tweaks for uac, with the excellent recommendation of KrX ... Smile ... for sure that's working in an english 1511 build !

- I have also removed many deprecated tweaks ... especially for Modern UI Apps !

- I've added many new Modern UI Apps components to remove, in order to fully support TH2 builds : the start menu will be fully cleaned.
One funny thing is : the start menu will be automatically reduced if there are no tiles in it. And if you pin something to it, it's automatically detected and the start menu will increase his size ... Thanks MS !

- I will work on new drivers components and Modern UI before tomorrow Wink

Smile

KrX : thanks for your tests, and about the Modern UI counting troubles ... for the moment it will stays like that, anyway thanks for it !

more_horiz
It's a combination between UAC Tweak and another component.
But I will no longer search in 10240.
Now I concentrate on the new 1511 iso and I think, with the new iso there will be less trouble.

more_horiz
pedilover wrote:
Hi winter,
thank you for the great tool.
I found a bug, but I don't know if it is a bug at all ?
In the device Manager my portable devices (USB 3.0 Lexar sticks) are no more recognized from the IOS, but "unknown device".
Have I delete something with the reducer which I didn't have to remove with the reducer ?
Regards
Pedilover

hey i tested your wccf file and this driver are "breaking" it:

Display - Miracast
Support - Bluetooth
Support - IEEE 1667
Support - SmartCard
Support - Tape Drive

i hope i didnt miss anything

more_horiz
and again me ;P

@winter

when removing

- WWAN AutoConfig Service

the installation hangs at the "preparing" window

more_horiz
Hi guys. i use follow tweaks:
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 111

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 210

after their application windows 10 th2 586 (not new 1511 but and 1511 also) constantly reboots and not comes to choosing a user profile.

my wccf : link - that wccf work fine at windows 10 th2 586 but not for 1511.

if my wccf add tweaks as above on screen the windows 10 and th2 586 starts and restarts constantly not comes to choosing a user profile

more_horiz
It's possible, that you have the same problem as mentioned here on this side of the thread. It,s known as "loop".
Try to deselect "System - User Account Control (UAC)" and make a new iso.

more_horiz
Hi Krx,
thanks for the good news. The problem is solved. The portable devices are now shown as usual.
Hopefully Winter considers this in the next alphas.
Regards
Pedilover & Vandit

more_horiz
pedilover wrote:
Hi Krx,
thanks for the good news. The problem is solved. The portable devices are now shown as usual.
Hopefully Winter considers this in the next alphas.
Regards
Pedilover & Vandit

good that it works now Wink

i really hope we find all bugs and winter can fix them, cause i want to install a nice "bug free" win10 on my live machine ;P

more_horiz
Hey guys,

The next build will be really interesting because it will bring official TH2 support Smile

About the drivers usb troubles, I was not able to recreate the bug. So here is how I done :
- 1st ISO : remove all components in "Remover", except Drivers and tweaks : no problem
- 2nd ISO : remove all drivers, except usb ones : no problem
- 3rd ISO : remove all usb drivers : bug happened, so I was unable to see the usb key in explorer

If you have time, maybe you could try this, and let me know.

more_horiz
Thank you winter.

I'll be waiting for a new version Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

The next build will be really interesting because it will bring official TH2 support Smile

About the drivers usb troubles, I was not able to recreate the bug. So here is how I done :
- 1st ISO : remove all components in "Remover", except Drivers and tweaks : no problem
- 3rd ISO : remove all usb drivers : bug happened, so I was unable to see the usb key in explorer

hey winter,

the components that i mentioned dont break the usb stick. after remving them you can still access it from the explorer. the actual bug is when removing those components you get an "unknown device" at the device manager at portable devices, and you cant install it correctly

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Hi Winter,

No problem , I will try this for you.

Waiting your new build and thank you for your great works

Jeffery

more_horiz
nekro666 wrote:
Hi guys. i use follow tweaks:
FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 111

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 11 210

after their application windows 10 th2 586 (not new 1511 but and 1511 also) constantly reboots and not comes to choosing a user profile.

my wccf :  link - that wccf work fine at windows 10 th2 586 but not for 1511.

if my wccf add tweaks as above on screen the windows 10 and th2 586 starts and restarts constantly not comes to choosing a user profile

problem is actual. The problem themselves tweaks, rather than something else.

more_horiz
Hello,

KrX wrote:
hey winter,
the components that i mentioned dont break the usb stick. after remving them you can still access it from the explorer. the actual bug is when removing those components you get an "unknown device" at the device manager at portable devices, and you cant install it correctly

Ah, ok, this is why that worked for me Wink ... sorry, I was tired I guess ... I've tried in VMware but didn't see this ... so I suppose this happens on a laptop ?

more_horiz
Just another information ... v0.5.1.0 will be released today Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

KrX wrote:
hey winter,

Ah, ok, this is why that worked for me Wink ... sorry, I was tired I guess ... I've tried in VMware but didn't see this ... so I suppose this happens on a laptop ?

i tested it on a VM on my Laptop yes. but that shouldnt make any difference when its on a VM or does it ?

more_horiz
I'm not sure about that ... but I will do another test today, before releasing v0.5.1.0, in order to try to reproduce the bug. Are you using a specific wccf for it ?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum