The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

+33
animeware
Geekster
BarskeKjekken
DMD
xanadu73
home7ech
nekro666
Hen Ry
Metaleiroll
frudda
savale
decompiler
carlese
pedilover
rydeordie99
faheem5
scottallthefriends
brittech
Torrentus
Nunzyo92
expanium
Vandit
Voz
gurureducer
caphp
ruby2hora
drew24
ijence
Jpm
KrX
YubiGalaxy
jeffery8341
winterstorm2050
37 posters

descriptionFORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS - Page 12 EmptyRe: FORUM ALPHA TEST BUILDS

more_horiz
Hi Winter,

will v0.5.1.0 be a bugfixing version with 1511 support, or did you also integrate new removals ?

Thanks

more_horiz
Hey,

There is some bug fixing in v0.5.1.0, especially with UAC loop ... and of course new components added in 1511 in order to clean entirely the start menu.

But I still encourage you to do not use Features and Services tabs, or Protected Presets, for the moment as I've not finished to check them ... so there are still some remaining bugs.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I'm not sure about that ... but I will do another test today, before releasing v0.5.1.0, in order to try to reproduce the bug. Are you using a specific wccf for it ?

yes i used the wccf file from pedilover

i dont know if it is included in this post.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if not i will post the one he send me by mail when i get home from work (in 1 hour)

more_horiz
Hey,

The wccf is not anymore available. So please send it to me by mail or PM, when you are able to do it. Thanks KrX Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

But I still encourage you to do not use Features and Services tabs, or Protected Presets, for the moment as I've not finished to check them ... so there are still some remaining bugs.

Thanks. I will test without features and services and will not touch the presets.

more_horiz
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this thread posted under the wrong topic. 

I've tested "v0.5.0.0 (Alpha)" to Slimmingdown Windows 10 Insider Preview Pro Build 10565.0.151006-2014.th2 (x86), 
here is the short result : 

Screenshot :

» Size after slimmingdown still huges or optimizations didn't work as expected !
Screenshot :

iSO Size: 2.11 GB (2,275,516,416 bytes)

» More Detail (Full): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Attached Files :

i've question about New Options in WinReducer EX-100 - v0.5.x.x (Alpha); 
[...FYi: i left this option empty ! ...]
- iSO Compression Mode: ( Which is the Best Option ? )
- EXPERT - Deep Cleanup: ( Which is the Best Option ? )
- EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Compression: ( Which is the Best Option ? )

So, i'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions to slimmingdown size more smaller Wink

more_horiz
Hey,

Please avoid double posting, because I've answered you in your thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I'm not sure about that ... but I will do another test today, before releasing v0.5.1.0, in order to try to reproduce the bug. Are you using a specific wccf for it ?

if not i will post the one he send me by mail when i get home from work (in 1 hour)

I've tried the wccf ... and you are right for 2 things :
- "Services - WWAN" : breaks Windows Instalaltion
- about the pedilover bug : I was able to reproduce it, so I'm working on it ... but nor sure to solve it until the v0.5.1.0 today release

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:

I've tried the wccf ... and you are right for 2 things :
- "Services - WWAN" : breaks Windows Instalaltion
- about the pedilover bug : I was able to reproduce it, so I'm working on it ... but nor sure to solve it until the v0.5.1.0 today release

if it's Win10-10240, remove Services-WWAN won't break the installation, but all other version will.

more_horiz
Hello,

"WinReducer EX-100 - v0.5.1.0" is available !

Just an additional information about the pedilover bug : it's not fixed in this version but it will be in the next Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

The next build will be really interesting because it will bring official TH2 support Smile

About the drivers usb troubles, I was not able to recreate the bug. So here is how I done :
- 1st ISO : remove all components in "Remover", except Drivers and tweaks : no problem
- 2nd ISO : remove all drivers, except usb ones : no problem
- 3rd ISO : remove all usb drivers : bug happened, so I was unable to see the usb key in explorer

If you have time, maybe you could try this, and let me know.

Hi winter

Windows10:10586-1511
Winreducer:5.1

1st ISO:USB devices have no problem, but after installation, the windows size up to 22.9GB, how is that possible?
2nd ISO:USB devices have no problem, but after installation, the windows size up to 25.2GB
3rd ISO:installation failed, I can't use my mouse and my keyboard in the very beginning of installation, because the USB drivers were all removed. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Jeffery

more_horiz
Hello,

This is normal that your installation ISO are bigger than previously because you need to select many optimizations to reduce the size : "EXPERT" and some "Tweaks" Wink

Check the latest wccf in the forum alpha test zip package you got, and you may see that many more options are selected ... Smile

About the 3rd ISO, you are saying that you are not able to use your mouse and keyboard, is this happening in setup installation ?

Thank you anyway for your feedback !

more_horiz
@pedilover : I've sent a fix build to KrX, then he will contact you when he will finish testing it Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

This is normal that your installation ISO are bigger than previously because you need to select many optimizations to reduce the size : "EXPERT" and some "Tweaks" Wink

Check the latest wccf in the forum alpha test zip package you got, and you may see that many more options are selected ... Smile

About the 3rd ISO, you are saying that you are not able to use your mouse and keyboard, is this happening in setup installation ?

Thank you anyway for your feedback !

Yes, I know it's windows hiberfile and pagefile, but I've never thought the size of hiberfile can over 13GB, pagefile can over 5GB.

I can not use my mouse and keyboard, because they are wireless, I think it's the USB receiver cause the problem.

Sorry for my unprofessional testing , it won't happen again.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@pedilover : I've sent a fix build to KrX, then he will contact you when he will finish testing it Wink

i have tested it and it worked. no "unknown device" is shown and the usb drive gets installed like it should.

i send pedilover the build to test it also.

more_horiz
OK, excellent news, thanks.

more_horiz
I tested v.0.5.1.0 with new 1511 iso and all works well. All apps are removed completely. Very Happy

more_horiz
Hello everyone

WinReducer 0.5.1.0

I've been making tests with Windows 10 x64 1511, and removing Xbox App also removes important files necessary to the controller driver,by the way the controller has 2 drivers to work properly,1st is the Xbox One Controller Driver itself and the 2nd is a XINPUT HID Driver.
After some 15 tests reducing i manage to get rid of the "NVidia Setup" and "ms-settings" problems. The problem is... i cant tell whats causing those problems, somehow i think that "Internet Explorer Engine" might be the problem, dont know why Internet Explorer could interfere in these itens but...its windows so we can expect anything.

Here's my WCCF so maybe it helps.

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Hello everyone

WinReducer 0.5.1.0

I've been making tests with Windows 10 x64 1511, and removing Xbox App also removes important files necessary to the controller driver,by the way the controller has 2 drivers to work properly,1st is the Xbox One Controller Driver itself and the 2nd is a XINPUT HID Driver.
After some 15 tests reducing i manage to get rid of the "NVidia Setup" and "ms-settings" problems. The problem is... i cant tell whats causing those problems, somehow i think that "Internet Explorer Engine" might be the problem, dont know why Internet Explorer could interfere in these itens but...its windows so we can expect anything.

Here's my WCCF so maybe it helps.

hi,

what exactly do you mean with MS-Settings?

as soon as i know i will do some tests

more_horiz
Hi KrX

The problem with is...when i tried to open Display Settings or Customize, in the desktop context menu, i got a message that says, "ms-settings:display" not found. i've posted this before and HenRy got the same problem. Its the 1st item on page 10 here in this post. All ms-settings wasnt working.

My old WCCF with the bug:

more_horiz
goes with me it works again
Build 10586.0 - WinReducer 0.5.1.0

more_horiz
Metaleiroll wrote:
Hi KrX

The problem with is...when i tried to open Display Settings or Customize, in the desktop context menu, i got a message that says, "ms-settings:display" not found. i've posted this before and HenRy got the same problem. Its the 1st item on page 10 here in this post. All ms-settings wasnt working.

My old WCCF with the bug:

ah ok now i understand.

so i will try to find whats causing it if i can reproduce it with my iso.

2 more things, did you use the 10240 or the 10586 build ?

and you tried it i.e. with 10240 with your old wccf file and it didnt work, and now you tried with the same iso file and the new wccf file and it works? if yes i can skip a lot of testing and just focus on that which is different between both files

more_horiz
I got the problem with 10240, and i did tried with a very similar WCCF to the new WCCF in the build 10240 and the bug was solved, at the time winterstorm told me to try without removing drivers,  services, IE Engine and the Xbox app, the only difference is that on my new WCCF i removed some services.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I'm working on the "ms-settings:display" bug and it seems that "Network - Internet Explorer (Engine)" is responsible ... I will fix this in the next build v0.5.2.0 which will be released during Sunday morning !

About the other bugs, xbox one controller, do you confirm that "Xbox Live Games" is responsible ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm working on the "ms-settings:display" bug and it seems that "Network - Internet Explorer (Engine)" is responsible ... I will fix this in the next build v0.5.2.0 which will be released during Sunday morning !

About the other bugs, xbox one controller, do you confirm that "Xbox Live Games" is responsible ?

Yes i've made a build with XBox Live Games and i got the bug, but now i used the same WCCF without Xbox Live Games and it works perfectly.

Its working with my last WCCF

By the way, i always use Automatic Removing Process, does it removes the XBox One Controller drivers, if i select the Modern UI XBox Live Games?

more_horiz
Hey guys,

The bug with "ms-settings:display" will be solved in v0.5.2.0 ... Smile

Metaleiroll : could you please tell me what the symptoms about your Xbox One controller ... I will try to get one next week because I don't have one to try to reproduce the bug.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Metaleiroll : could you please tell me what the symptoms about your Xbox One controller ... I will try to get one  next week because I don't have one to try to reproduce the bug.

Hey

The controller doesnt turn on the xbox light stays off and no driver is installed, i tried to install with the Microsoft Drivers for Windows 7 and 8 but it doesnt work either, the controller turns on but the XINPUT HID driver doesnt work properly, it says that it could not verify the certificate of the driver, but doest recognize the Controller at least, and doesnt work in any game or software, specially the ones that require compatibility with Xbox 360 Controller.

I'm using my controller with cable so should work anyways. I wanted to try with xbox 360 controller but my receiver is broken xD

Great news about ms-settings

more_horiz
Sorry Guys if previously answered.

But in WinEx100, I cannot see the Expert-WinSxS cleanup (install.wim) option. There is only one WinSxS cleanup and one WinSxS compression option.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thank You.

more_horiz
Hello,

Metaleiroll wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey guys,

Metaleiroll : could you please tell me what the symptoms about your Xbox One controller ... I will try to get one  next week because I don't have one to try to reproduce the bug.

Hey

The controller doesnt turn on the xbox light stays off and no driver is installed, i tried to install with the Microsoft Drivers for Windows 7 and 8 but it doesnt work either, the controller turns on but the XINPUT HID driver doesnt work properly, it says that it could not verify the certificate of the driver, but doest recognize the Controller at least, and doesnt work in any game or software, specially the ones that require compatibility with Xbox 360 Controller.

I'm using my controller with cable so should work anyways. I wanted to try with xbox 360 controller but my receiver is broken xD

Great news about ms-settings

Thank you for the description Smile

xanadu73 wrote:
Sorry Guys if previously answered.
But in WinEx100, I cannot see the Expert-WinSxS cleanup (install.wim) option. There is only one WinSxS cleanup and one WinSxS compression option.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thank You.

You are not doing anything wrong ... it's just not available yet (potential severe bugs) Wink

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:

i have tested it and it worked. no "unknown device" is shown and the usb drive gets installed like it should.

i send pedilover the build to test it also.

i got a mail from pedilover

he and vandit tested it and the unknown device isnt shown anymore. so this problem should be solved with that fix
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum