The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] WinReducer EX-70 Features Cleanup Didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64) Empty[SOLVED] WinReducer EX-70 Features Cleanup Didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64)

more_horiz
Hi,

I've some Trouble to Slimmingdown Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) using WinReducer EX70 - v1.1.8.0 ?

* Slimmingdown progress "Hung (Not Responding)" : Features Cleanup --> Games - Chess 
Screenshot :

FYi: for Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x86) work fine with the same preset? (i'd tried seven times)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) Description :

Attached Files :

Working PC Description :

So, i'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions ?

description[SOLVED] WinReducer EX-70 Features Cleanup Didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-70 Features Cleanup Didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64)

more_horiz
hi,

as i can remember we solved such problems with winreducer. but i could imagine that this :

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1566-slimmingdown-windows-8-1-pro-x64-with-wrex-81-v1-2-3-0-offlineservicing-bug#13987

could also be this problem of yours.(a to long path), and when winreducer tries to remove the chess files from winsxs folder it could hang (thats what i could think of)

so for both problems you could try to extract/copy your winsxs folder to i.e C:\ or D:\

or even better, create an folder named MOUNT at your C or D drive. goto winreducer -> options. switch the button at MOUNT to off, after that click on the name MOUNT and select the new folder i.e. C:\Mount

that will let winreducer extract the .wim files to C:\Mount which is not such a long path

description[SOLVED] WinReducer EX-70 Features Cleanup Didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64) EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-70 Features Cleanup Didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64)

more_horiz
i'll test soon as posible...

Thanks, i'd realy appreciate for your ideas or suggestions Smile

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
hi,

as i can remember we solved such problems with winreducer. but i could imagine that this :

https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1566-slimmingdown-windows-8-1-pro-x64-with-wrex-81-v1-2-3-0-offlineservicing-bug#13987

could also be this problem of yours.(a to long path), and when winreducer tries to remove the chess files from winsxs folder it could hang (thats what i could think of)

so for both problems you could try to extract/copy your winsxs folder to i.e C:\ or D:\

or even better, create an folder named MOUNT at your C or D drive. goto winreducer -> options. switch the button at MOUNT to off, after that click on the name MOUNT and select the new folder i.e. C:\Mount

that will let winreducer extract the .wim files to C:\Mount which is not such a long path

Hi,

After i've done re-tested, unfortunately it still NOT Solved the problem "slimmingdown progress "Hung (Not Responding)" : Features Cleanup --> Games - Chess"
Screenshot :

FYi: i can't changed new WinReducer EX-70 "MOUNT" folder, its locked ?

try to moved WinReducer EX-70 programs to D:\ and get "Installation Error Detetcted"
"WinReducer EX-70 can't be used in another WinReducer Software Folder"
Screenshot :

so, i deleted "\HOME\SOFTWARE\WinReducerEX70.xml" file and Run WinReducer EX-70 programs again and WORK (for only ONCE Time) !!!

Here is the short result:
• WORKiNG OS: Windows 8.1 Pro (x86)
• SOURCES OS: Win_7_Ultimate_SP1_En-Us_Sept_2015_ x64.iso
• WiM TOOLS: "WimLib-ImageX v1.8.3.BETA10" / "WinReducer EX-70 - v1.8.0 (27 August 2015)"
• ELAPSED TiME: ± 01:13:44.586
  (00:20:43.575) --> (00:24:40.812) [± 00:03:57.236] ~> Mount WiM File
Mount WiM File Screenshot :

(00:25:44.751) --> (01:35:32.101) [± 01:09:47.349] ~> Apply WiM File [Removing Speed: Highest]
Apply WiM File Screenshot :

(00:48:19.104) --> (00:49:44.523) [± 00:01:25.418] ~> OPTiMiZATiON --> EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (boot.wim)
WinSXS Folder Cleanup (boot.wim) Screenshot :

(00:49:44.564) --> (01:06:38.369) [± 00:16:53.804] ~> OPTiMiZATiON --> EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)
WinSXS Folder Cleanup (install.wim) Screenshot :

(01:06:38.411) --> (01:35:32.101) [± 00:28:53.690] ~> Features Cleanup --> Game - Chess (Hung ?)
Features Cleanup --> Game - Chess (Hung ?) Screenshot :

• slimmingdown progress "Stoped and Close (Exit) WinReducer EX-70 Manually !"

May be in the new builds release for "WinReducer EX-70" next week like winter said, it SOLVED (i hope Wink)

Thanks, i'd realy appreciate for your ideas or suggestions  Smile

more_horiz
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if this thread posted under the wrong topic. 

After WinReducer EX-70 - v1.9.0 (Released 15 November 2015), i've re-tested to Slimmingdown Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) and i get the same result !

then i tried to removing "Inbox Games, Internet Games and Premium Inbox Games Features" using Win ToolKit 1.5.3.21 (Portable) before slimmingdown and i get the same result, but it "Stop Responding" or "Hung" while "Features Cleanup --> Internet Information Services (iiS)" ???
Screenshot :

So, i assuming that "WinReducer EX-70 : Features Cleanup --> Seems didn't work properly for Windows 7 (x64)" ?

that the reason i change the Title, Previous: Slimmingdown Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64) with WREX70.v1.1.8.0 : HUNG ???

» More Detail (Full): "http://pasted.co/b3cad4fc"

Attached Files :

Working PC Description: :

So, i'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions ?

more_horiz
hi,

since there werent any changed to fix that from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 this problem still happens and i remember that 1 year or maybe more ago, a lot of people had such an problem.

maybe we will need to wait till winter changes the removing engine like at winreducer 10 to solve it.

for me it happend a long time ago,too. but since than i never got this hung again, and im using also an 64 bit version of windows 7

more_horiz
windows 7 64 bit currently you are used is a full or lite (slim) version ?
if used a lite version, how to make it ?

thanks,

more_horiz
i have on 4 notebooks windows 7 x64 reduced installed.

here is my wccf file. but you will need to uncheck everything you need and want. be aware, im removing a lot of stuff Razz

http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/VPbNrKOx/file.html

more_horiz
Hey guys,

To solve this problem, as KrX said, the new removing engine, from EX-100, will be deployed really soon in EX-70 ... Wink

I will also proceed, like in EX-100, to an important components cleanup ... Smile

more_horiz
And a complete catalog updates will be available really soon too ... Wink

more_horiz
thanks for all of you, i'll tested right now and sorry for late reply Wink

more_horiz
Hi KrX,

I've tested your wccf file with WinReducer EX-70 - v1.1.10.0 and "Features Cleanup" still stuck/hung ?
More Detail : :

So, i assumed the cause may be from "removing engine" as winterstorm said, 
but i'll re-testing again with WinReducer 7.0 - v3.2.4.0 (23 March 2015) later !

Thanks for your help  Wink

privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum