The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Features and Services Options Grayed-Out Empty[SOLVED] Features and Services Options Grayed-Out

more_horiz
Hi;
I integrated the Post-SP1 updates  (msu) with DISM and rebuilt the wim. And after loading the folder with winreducer, I noticed that all items under the "Services" and "Features" tabs are grayed out. And if you start the process with WinReducer, it begins with "LOADING IN PROGRESS" and nothing happens.

Is there any specific command I can use for solving this? I don't know if winreducer will integrate these msu updates other than with the ones downloaded with the updates tool, that's why I've used this method. By the way, these are around 480 updates in total.

description[SOLVED] Features and Services Options Grayed-Out EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Features and Services Options Grayed-Out

more_horiz
Hello,

This is the symptoms of a locked folder because your wim was not correctly unmounted after using DISM.

in a terminal use this DISM comand (with administrators rights) :
Spoiler :

Then Open WinReducer and immediately close it, and restart your computer.

Let me know please.

----------------------------

The complete WinReducer EX-70 Updates Catalog will come shortly ... in fact it is ready but I'm doing some more tests to be sure to be really effective in the future, especially with IE11 Wink

description[SOLVED] Features and Services Options Grayed-Out EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Features and Services Options Grayed-Out

more_horiz
Winterstorm Hi;

I should mention one further thing. I've obtained these updates using the WHDownloader, which includes 5 categories namely being: General Updates, Hotfixes, Security Updates, Additional Updates and Extra Updates (I assume you've probably heard about this tool). And;

1) Above problem does not happen when I use General Updates + Hotfixes. It only happens when I add Security Updates (in addition to General Updates and Hotfixes)
2) As far as Security Updates are concerned, I've used two options until now.
3) One is integrating all of these Security Updates (problem occurred)
4) For integrating IE11, the tool indicated 6 General Updates (included in the above ones, creating no problems) and 1 Security Update (KB2871997). Same problem occurred even I  integrated only this Security Update (Even with or without integrating IE11).

So, I think there maybe an issue related to KB2871997, other than an improper image cleanup that you've indicated.
Thanx

more_horiz
Yes, this possibly be an update ... but 480 updates seems to be too more for one system.

Thanks for the report !

more_horiz
You're welcome, by the way other updates (excluding Security Updates) are around 367, if I remember correctly.

more_horiz
SOLVED:

The same bug again. The reason is running the process under a Windows 7 Host (even when processing a Win 7 setup environment). Run it under Windows 10 (or 8 and everything works perfectly fine)

Result: I integrated approximately 465 updates this time and the install.wim was around 1.4 Gigabytes after reduction (32bit system).

more_horiz
Hi Winter!

I only wanted to confirm the problem with the grayed out "Features" tab! It won't let me choose anything and shows the number "0" (zero) right beside the tab. But the "Services" tab seems to work for me, at least I can choose and it shows the number "50".

What I did:
- extract the ISO to a folder, select under the properties that it is not protected, waited a few minutes that no file or process could be anymore locked
- did the same with the latest version of WinReducer7 (1.4.6.0) before and after downloading the third party downloads
- during all the time the antivirus was turned off

Here is my log:
***** 03.07.2016 14:47:33 - SESSION OPENED *****
ERROR : "7z.exe" and/or "7z.dll" files don't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "Dism.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "oscdimg.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "ResourceHacker.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
ERROR : "SetACL.exe" file doesn't exist ==> Check your "Options - Configuration" page
CRITICAL : Check your WinReducer Configuration ! == > "Options" page will be opened to help you solved this
WARNING : A problem with your Theme file has been detected
***** 03.07.2016 14:50:42 - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 03.07.2016 14:50:43 - SESSION OPENED *****
***** 03.07.2016 14:51:21 - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 03.07.2016 14:52:42 - SESSION OPENED *****
WARNING : A problem with your Theme file has been detected
***** 03.07.2016 14:52:50 - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 03.07.2016 14:52:52 - SESSION OPENED *****
INFO : Mounting -----> START = 03.07.2016 14:53:20
INFO : Mounting -----> START = Folder Mode
INFO : Mounting -----> FINISH = 03.07.2016 14:55:41
***** 03.07.2016 14:58:45 - SESSION CLOSED *****

***** 03.07.2016 14:59:23 - SESSION OPENED *****
INFO : Mounting -----> START = 03.07.2016 14:59:50
INFO : Mounting -----> START = Folder Mode
INFO : Mounting -----> FINISH = 03.07.2016 15:02:10
***** 03.07.2016 15:06:04 - SESSION CLOSED *****

I am running a Windows 7 SP1_x64 with all the latest Updates installed.

I hope you con resolve this issue until the next version of WinReducer7!

All the best,
Markus

more_horiz
Hey Winter, hey xanadu73!

Here is what I found out! After spending several hours of investigation I encountered that the problem seems to be an demolished DISM core. So for example if you have already slimmed down your Windows 7 SP1 with WinReducer and aplied some WinSXS optimizations then installed this particular Windows and retried to run Winreducer there to reduce another Windows 7 SP1 it seems that some of the optimizations broke the DISM core. ( I keep getting DISM errors).

That does not seem to happen with the newest version (1.4.6.0) tough. So if you are planing to create a new Windows 7 SP1 with WinReducer here is the basis to do it:
Install a fresh and untouched Windows 7 SP1 on a PC (or like I did on an Virtual Mashine first) and run WinReducer there - then you got no problems!

All the best and keep up the great work!
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum