The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] ISO or DVD files extracted but not accepted by WinReducer Empty[ANSWERED] ISO or DVD files extracted but not accepted by WinReducer

more_horiz
Since I had heard good things about WinReducer and saw a few tutorials about it, I decided to try this version. I have a laptop that had Win8 already installed (later updated to 8.1) and got no DVD, never managed to use the recovery partition so thanks to the Media Creation Tool I made an ISO, burned it, and worked greatly when I had to format and reinstall. So, after the first phase of getting the necessary external softeare, I decided to use that same DVD to get the files extracted by WinReducer; however, after doing it and selecting the folder, it says it's an unsupported version. I even used the MCT to create a new ISO and make the software extract from that, but the result is always the same. So, I basically have no way to even start using the program for real. It honestly baffles me that an ISO created with Microsoft's official tool is not supported. What could I do?

Just, please, no replies like "did you try a clean install of WinReducer" or "try to reboot your PC first" I saw in other threads here; I did all of those simple operations with no result. Thanks.

description[ANSWERED] ISO or DVD files extracted but not accepted by WinReducer EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] ISO or DVD files extracted but not accepted by WinReducer

more_horiz
hi,

could you get a look at your iso/extracted files -> \sources Folder if there is an file called install.ESD ?

winreducer supports only install.WIM and im sure thats why you get this "error"

to convert your .ESD to an .WIM you Need to use the "WIM Converter" which you can get on the mainpage where you can find winreducer

after converting your ESD file to an WIM everything should work.

description[ANSWERED] ISO or DVD files extracted but not accepted by WinReducer EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] ISO or DVD files extracted but not accepted by WinReducer

more_horiz
Thanks, this is useful to know! I'll do the extraction process once again and try, but it's already interesting to notice that my DVD has an "ESD" in its label, so the problem probably lies there. I'll update in case I need further help.

OK, I'm doing more by intuition but after selecting the install.esd file, I also checked the "UEFI compatibility boot support" box before going with the conversion.

more_horiz
Hello,

I'be just released v1.3.5.0, and if you have some time, I will be interested to know if it solves your trouble with your original (=untouched) ISO. Please read the changelog about the changes.

The reason is that I'm progressively bringing support for install.esd (non encrypted) files in WinReducer.

Thanks in advance Smile

more_horiz
Just noticed it, I still have a copy of the original files extracted from the DVD in another folder, so I'll try with them, thanks.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum