The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] slim down for gaming Empty[ANSWERED] slim down for gaming

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm trying to slim down windows 7 home premium or ultimate as much as possible so I can play emulated games on it (snes9x, project64, ePSXe, dolphin...etc). I would like to remove as much as possible without breaking activation and breaking the OS. I want every resource available to be used for gaming, but 7 has so much crap running in the background that it slows down the games. Can someone tell me what I can remove to play my games on win 7? I can play them on windows 10, but......well if you've tried windows 10 you know why I want to use windows 7. Any help is appreciated. 

BTW...this is not my main OS so network and other things can be removed.

description[ANSWERED] slim down for gaming EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] slim down for gaming

more_horiz
hi,

you could try my wccf file, i remove really a lot of things and dont get any problems.

http://www93.zippyshare.com/v/YpgQGcVj/file.html

so if this wccf file should work for you and you really dont need things like network etc you could remove even more.

just look that you keep your language/keyboard (and maybe drivers)

description[ANSWERED] slim down for gaming EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] slim down for gaming

more_horiz
Thanks! I'll try it tonight!

more_horiz
Hello,

Just a small information about that some games or retro gaming software should need also some "Multimedia - Codec" to properly work.

I wish you to have a nice day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum