The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable Empty[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable

more_horiz
I love the app and use it plenty on my desktop, but recently got a Surface Book, and basically can't use the app because it looks like this:

[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable Scalin10

It gets worse on other screens:
[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable Can_t_10
[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable Extrac10
[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable Preset10

I'm probably part of a minority, but as high DPI screen become more common, you'll probably hear this more. I have also tried "Disable display scaling..." but it has no effect:
[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable Disabl10

description[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable

more_horiz
hi,

what resolution do you have?

from the ReadMe of winreducer:

2. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Screen Resolution: 1024 × 768 (Best view in 1920 x 1080 with a DPI of 120 (= 125%))

description[SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Scaling issues make WinReducer unusable

more_horiz
3000 by 2000 with 225% scaling, but for some reason the Windows 10 "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option seems to have no effect

more_horiz
scottallthefriends wrote:
3000 by 2000 with 225% scaling, but for some reason the Windows 10 "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option seems to have no effect

Yes is not working. You can edit with registry code. I already told winterstorm he will probably fix on next releases. btw this tweak is must  bounce

more_horiz
Hello,

I confirm that I was working on the WinReducer GUI High DPI fix, and it will be deployed today in a new build (v0.7.2.0).

I do not have a High DPI screen but I've tried with a 150% DPI, and the fix solved the GUI cosmetics troubles. 

I also added some improvements in the "SETTINGS" window top bar, in order to get more space for translated strings in the selection buttons (Features, Services, Unattended, ...).

Could you please try the new build (when released) and report here the result. Thank you very much Smile

more_horiz
Yes i can try. But this tweak must be tested on non-Virtual Machine because if you try on VM this bug never happen i know that because i already try both ways.

Thanks.

more_horiz
Hello,

The main trouble about the DPI fix in tweaks section, should be the dependency to the screen resolution and the fact that it's reinitialized at each startup which makes this difficult to fix without using a local file in the start menu startup folder.

more_horiz
The "EX100 - v0.7.2.0" build is available Wink

more_horiz
Hello,

v0.7.3.0 fixed all remaining troubles with checkboxes, so it should be OK with this.

more_horiz
hi,

so it solved right?

more_horiz
Hello.

KrX this is problem connected to this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Temporary fix: https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t1560-fix-blurry-fonts-on-w10
Winterstorm2050 never fix on WinReducer

Cheers.

more_horiz
Works just fine for me with version 2.2.8.0. If you still have troubles please go to the resolution settings and use the advanced scaling options where you can set it to the value you want (between 100 and 500%). After that you just need to log out and log in again. Smile

Because of this I will mark this topic as solved!

Best regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum