The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Updates & silent installation fail [WinReducer X100 | 0.9.2.0 /0.9.3.0] Empty[ANSWERED] Updates & silent installation fail [WinReducer X100 | 0.9.2.0 /0.9.3.0]

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm, hi Community,

first of all thank you for this grate tool. I have played with it for a few days now.

Most of the Features I have tested already but there are a lot of thinks that slimly don't work for me.

The two important are:

1) Silent update does not work. I have tested it with Firefox, Thunderbird and 7zip. I tried different command lines. My last are:
echo Detected CDROM as drive %CDROM%
cd\

Title WINREDUCER POST INSTALLATION
Color F0

@echo  **********     Welcome     **********

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7Zip.exe -y /q /r:n"

What did I wrong?

2) It doesn't matter if I integrate Updates or not, I am always running on Version 10586.164 and not on 10586.494 (latest Version). I have used the integrated Downloader of Winreducer 0.9.0 and 0.9.1

3) Does the exact filename influence the installation of tools? For example: Would “Firefox_v.XY.XY.exe” or “Firefox v.XY.XY.exe” work like “Firefox.exe”

4) Is it possible that both versions can work?

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7Zip.exe" /S

and

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7Zip.exe /S"

I have red both in the comments I think.

5) How can I check the command lines without creating an iso and install windows in my virtual machine?

Thanks a lot!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************
RESULTS
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

Silent Switches
Silent installation works for the following command lines, but the typical request pops up (trust: Yes/No)

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7Zip.exe" /S
"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\Firefox.exe" -ms
"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\Thunderbird.exe" –ms

Seems like it isn’t running with administrator rights?

Windows Updates (tested with WinReducer 0.9.2.0)
TH2 works fine with 1511 Windows 10 iso -> updates to 10586.494
TH2 + RS1 with 1511 Windows 10 iso -> updates to 10586.494, the RS1 has no effect
RS1 has no effect by using 1511 Windows 10 iso -> still running on 10586.164
Downloaded RS Windows 10 iso -> running build 14393.0

description[ANSWERED] Updates & silent installation fail [WinReducer X100 | 0.9.2.0 /0.9.3.0] EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Updates & silent installation fail [WinReducer X100 | 0.9.2.0 /0.9.3.0]

more_horiz
Hello,

1) Have you take a look at this WinReducer forum thread : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And more specifically at these 2 posts :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) I have some ideas about your updates integration troubles :
- have you downloaded the TH2 updates according to your Windows 10 architecture (x86 or x64) ?
- have you selected the correct folder for the updates in "System" tab and "Integrate Updates" option field ? It should be something like "...\EX-100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x86" or "...\EX-100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64"
- Have you loaded a wccf with "System - Integrate Updates" option activated ? If yes, you have to manually checke in the wccf if the specified folder path is correct and already exist. Because if you used the wccf in another folder location, the "UPDATES" folder path may no be the good one.

Please let me know the result and I wish you to have a nice day !

description[ANSWERED] Updates & silent installation fail [WinReducer X100 | 0.9.2.0 /0.9.3.0] EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Updates & silent installation fail [WinReducer X100 | 0.9.2.0 /0.9.3.0]

more_horiz
Hi again, thanks a lot for quick reply and sorry for my late answer! I have Updated the initial post, hope that was Ok?

************************************************************************************************************************
1) Have you take a look at this WinReducer forum thread : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

->Yes, I had a look on this thread. It helped me a lot.

And more specifically at these 2 posts :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-> I skimmed the comments for needed information. I think the problem was the missing quote, so I didn’t realize that your comment refer to the 7zip Problem one comment about yours.
-> "%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7z1600-x64.msi" /quiet /passive /norestart
works, but User Account Control pops up before every installation. I still not have a solution for a REAL silent installation without User Account Control window.

************************************************************************************************************************
2) Have you downloaded the TH2 updates according to your Windows 10 architecture (x86 or x64) ?

-> That is exactly what I did. I have tested everything with Windows x64 and x64 Updates.

Have you selected the correct folder for the updates in "System" tab and "Integrate Updates" option field ? It should be something like "...\EX-100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x86" or "...\EX-100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64"

-> Yes I did so. I choose for my tests always the "...\EX-100\WORK\INTEGRATE\UPDATES\x64" path.

Have you loaded a wccf with "System - Integrate Updates" option activated?

-> I always have loaded a wccf with integrated Updates, but an option to activate them I haven’t seen? Isn’t it always automatically activated?

If yes, you have to manually checke in the wccf if the specified folder path is correct and already exist. Because if you used the wccf in another folder location, the "UPDATES" folder path may no be the good one.

-> It usually must be correct, because I never change the default directory. So the location must be always the same.

more_horiz
I would like to answer my own question. Maybe someone would like to know it too.

4) My example

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7Zip.exe /S"

isn't working, so the silent switches have to be set outside the " ..... "

more_horiz
LegolasZ8 wrote:

5) How can I check the command lines without creating an iso and install windows in my virtual machine?

Seems like it isn’t running with administrator rights?

TH2 works fine with 1511 Windows 10 iso -> updates to 10586.494
TH2 + RS1 with 1511 Windows 10 iso -> updates to 10586.494, the RS1 has no effect
RS1 has no effect by using 1511 Windows 10 iso -> still running on 10586.164
Downloaded RS Windows 10 iso -> running build 14393.0

Hello,

1) Check in the folder "..\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE", you should find a file named "WinReducerPI.cmd" which is the backup file you have in your ISO. You are allowed to edit it directly inside the folder "..\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE" because this file will be used to load your settings the next time you mount an ISO

2) That's correct the OOBE file is not launched as an administrator, at least for the moment

3) I think you confused the upgrade process and the update process : the RS1 update is not an upgrade from TH1/TH2 to RS1 ... this is just the cumulative update for the RS1 systems. So, if you want to properly upgrade your TH1/TH2 system you need to use the Microsoft procedure (setup boot with update option or windows update)

Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

Hello,

1) Check in the folder "..\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE", you should find a file named "WinReducerPI.cmd" which is the backup file you have in your ISO. You are allowed to edit it directly inside the folder "..\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE" because this file will be used to load your settings the next time you mount an ISO

2) That's correct the OOBE file is not launched as an administrator, at least for the moment

3) I think you confused the upgrade process and the update process : the RS1 update is not an upgrade from TH1/TH2 to RS1 ... this is just the cumulative update for the RS1 systems. So, if you want to properly upgrade your TH1/TH2 system you need to use the Microsoft procedure (setup boot with update option or windows update)

Smile

Hi, thanks again for your grate support!

1) OK I see. What I would like to do is:
a) Install the iso with integrated software in my virtual machine
b) copy the .cmd to Desktop
c) edit the .cmd with editor if some silent switches don't work
d) execute the .cmd from desktop to check whether the chages work

2) Do you think it will be possible in the future? That would be really great.

3) I get it I think. Thanks a lot for explaining.

Last but not least: THANK YOU.

more_horiz
Hello,

You are welcome Smile

1) b) and c) : if you copy your .cmd to Desktop, you are not able to use the WinReducer Editor preset functionnality (at least for the moment), but you may use a text editor, like notepad++ to modify it. then replace it in the correct EX-100 folder ("..\WORK\INTEGRATE\SOFTWARE") to be detected the next time you need it.

1) d) : Yes, you are able to launch it manually, to test it, from any location in your HDD/SSD, but you need the according ISO (all your software are stored on it) in your CD-Rom or DVD-Rom

2) Yes, this will be available in the future
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum