The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Edge Browser Empty[ANSWERED] Edge Browser

more_horiz
What needed the Edge browser?
What can not I delete?

description[ANSWERED] Edge Browser EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Edge Browser

more_horiz
Internet Explorer is needed.

also SMB1 Protocol is causing egde to close after some seconds (bug) but it could be that something has changed in the newer versions of windows 10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
I reported that removing Edge breaks OneDrive but I see that bug as well as some others never made it to the changelog and I know most people don't bother to read the changelog.   And to make matters worse OneDrive can no longer be removed as well as WorkFolders.  These did not use to be a problem removing.   And I also notice that the whole problem with Windows Store breaking Windows Activation is no longer an issue.  The changelog should be as accurate as possible to track progress on this project.  Thank you.

The Geekster

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I solved the "SMB1 Protocol" bug with Edge in v0.9.5.0 (available today) with KrX fix Smile

I mention in the changelog : in under investigation section : "IE breaks edge" and "Edge breaks OneDrive".

Thanks guys.

more_horiz
@Geekster : I forgot to ask you, about "Edge breaks OneDrive", if you may try with v0.9.5.0 in order to report if the bug is still presents ...  because I improved "Modern UI Apps - Microsoft Edge", maybe the changes solves you trouble.

Thanks ... again Smile

more_horiz
I have actually been doing a lot of testing the past 4 days and I am very pleased to report that just keeping the Edge engine is enough to make OneDrive work just fine.  I also keep the Internet engine as well just so there is no complications.  Thank you WinterStorm for all the great improvements in v0.9.5.0!!  Even though we still can't remove OneDrive at least it does in fact work for those of us that use the OneDrive service.  I also noted that finally updates do in fact now work but only with the new Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 version 1607.  The older version 1511 still does not update correctly.  The newer version has many improvements (some of them are merely cosmetic in nature) and seems to be far more stable so I highly encourage everyone to upgrade to version 1607 especially for testing WREX100.

Part of my latest testing I removed for the frist time Net 3.5 since it's the biggest component in Windows 10 and so far there does not seem to be any ill effects.  And oh yes, for those of you that want a real challenge and make a big mess of Windows 10 just try removing the Immersive Control Panel.  You will find very quickly that you will want to add it back in after you notice how much havoc it will wreak on your life lol!.  Otherwise I have had no trouble in removing all of the Modern UI's except for The Insider Hub and Connect.  It appears we are stuck with those and OneDrive and Work Folders until WinterStorm figures out a way to get rid of them but for now they are doing no harm.  I am not even sure what Work Folders work with but they don't really get in the way.  I'm just glad that I have been very successful in removing at least half of Windows 10 and it runs much more smoothly.  My latest build which I am running on this computer at the momment, went from 4.3G all the way down to 2.5G.  That is without any of the file cleanup optimizations and I am quite happy with it.  Oh and I have been noticing somewhat faster removing speeds but then there are many factors that will come in to play.  The speed of your CPU, the number of components and which ones you remove, and of course how much coffee you have drank will all have a big impact on the speed   hehe 

The Geekster
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum