The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] HELP please? 3rd party software and other.  Empty[ANSWERED] HELP please? 3rd party software and other.

more_horiz
Hey guys,,,,,,,i am a newbie  in regards to this software and need some help please?

Ok so I bought / donated to use this program to make my installs go easier, and faster.  Because as we all know, the only real solution to fix any and most windows problems you get, is to reinstall your OS.  If you don't believe me, call MS and any one of there techs , regardless of the problem, does not know how to solve your issue, by fixing it......they all just know one thing......" humm sir, you just need to reinstall windows"  So pathetic.... Ok sorry.......let me keep focused here.....lol

Anyways, I downloaded the software and read as much as i could on installation.... I did a little tweaking in each area...but the one thing i wanted and by reading it seems that its possible? is to have  all my 3rd party drivers and software installed auto during or after the windows install..........I used the OEM folder , put all the .exe files in that OEM folder and winreducer did install it in the ISO, but it did nothing when I installed the ISO...so when it was all done.......none of my  3rd party drivers or software were installed.  THAT again, is the main reason  I invested my money and time into this program.....PLEASE tell me I did something wrong and that it is possible to do what i want?

Also......I have a new Asus Deluxe X99 3.1 MOB,,,,,with a Samsung 950Pro nvme M2 card, does anyone know the actual steps on how to  load windows on it correctly?  I mean.....I went into bios and turned off CSM , Secure boot off and set to " other os" , had ACHI on...and then booted to the USB , then when it was done installing and asked me to reboot for the first time.....i turned back on CSM  and set to UEFI , loaded the secure boot keys..and put secure boot to UEFI and rebooted..........everything seemed to go well and it did install as i tweaked it...BUT again...none of my 3rd party stuff loaded........ALSO  as soon as i loaded up windows.....i did a sfc /scannow and guess what?  I have errors that sfc could not fix........so i guess i am about to do a restore health .....we will see if that fixes it. But why am i getting a sfc error on a clean install?

Ok sorry for long post but if anyone can give me step by step instructions on how to integrate the 3rd party stuff into windows iISO. sp i dont have to spend hours doing it each time i install windows......I would be very grateful.......oh and if anyone could verify the install technique with CSM and secure boot......that would be great.! 

AND i wish someone could explain to me WHY WHY WHY windows has so many dam issues......I have a macbookpro that i have had for 5-6 years and maybe....just maybe I have had to reinstall the OS ONCE?  what the heck is that all about?  WHY cant windows be more hardened and  why does it continuously have so many dam errors......why do i found myself spending countless hours reinstalling windows every freken 60 days?

Thanks,

Scott

description[ANSWERED] HELP please? 3rd party software and other.  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] HELP please? 3rd party software and other.

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
Hey guys,,,,,,,i am a newbie  in regards to this software and need some help please?

Ok so I bought / donated to use this program to make my installs go easier, and faster.  Because as we all know, the only real solution to fix any and most windows problems you get, is to reinstall your OS.  If you don't believe me, call MS and any one of there techs , regardless of the problem, does not know how to solve your issue, by fixing it......they all just know one thing......" humm sir, you just need to reinstall windows"  So pathetic.... Ok sorry.......let me keep focused here.....lol

Hi,

yeah they probably got that sentence printed out and glued to their monitor so they dont forget to say it Razz

Anyways, I downloaded the software and read as much as i could on installation.... I did a little tweaking in each area...but the one thing i wanted and by reading it seems that its possible? is to have  all my 3rd party drivers and software installed auto during or after the windows install..........I used the OEM folder , put all the .exe files in that OEM folder and winreducer did install it in the ISO, but it did nothing when I installed the ISO...so when it was all done.......none of my  3rd party drivers or software were installed.  THAT again, is the main reason  I invested my money and time into this program.....PLEASE tell me I did something wrong and that it is possible to do what i want?

about your drivers, you need to extract your drivers before integrating them. so if you got an exe file (like for nvidia) you can extract it with 7zip like an zip file. you need to extract all your different drivers so you get *.ini, *.inf and *.sys files, this files are integrated into your iso with winreducer. select the folder which contains all your drivers in winreducer -> system tab -> integration -> Drivers (install.wim). you can hover with your mouse above the name and you will get some more information.

EDIT: for the option Drivers (boot.wim) you can select your ACHI, USB3 drivers so they will get integrated into the boot image (if you use an usb3 stick for installation)

for your software: goto winreducer -> system -> winreducer post install -> OOBE. activate it and select a software like 7zip. you will see it now at the bottom:

Code:

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7z1514-x64.exe"

that way 7zip will be started after installation (but not installed automatically). if you want to install it automatically you need a silent switch. you can finde different switches here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

so for the exe file of 7zip the silent switch/parameter is: /S

so your line should look like this:

Code:

"%CDROM%\WinReducerEX100PI\7z1514-x64.exe" /S

so if you now let winreducer do its job and you install windows, 7zip will be automatically installled during instalation (or the first logon) im not really sure when its done, because the last time i used this feature is soooo long ago xD

so do exactly that proceure for all other software, if you cant find the correct switch for you software you can also ask for it at the silent switch subforum, or google it like:

YOUR_SOFTWARE silent install
or
YOUR_SOFTWARE silent parameter

Also......I have a new Asus Deluxe X99 3.1 MOB,,,,,with a Samsung 950Pro nvme M2 card, does anyone know the actual steps on how to  load windows on it correctly?  I mean.....I went into bios and turned off CSM , Secure boot off and set to " other os" , had ACHI on...and then booted to the USB , then when it was done installing and asked me to reboot for the first time.....i turned back on CSM  and set to UEFI , loaded the secure boot keys..and put secure boot to UEFI and rebooted..........everything seemed to go well and it did install as i tweaked it...BUT again...none of my 3rd party stuff loaded........ALSO  as soon as i loaded up windows.....i did a sfc /scannow and guess what?  I have errors that sfc could not fix........so i guess i am about to do a restore health .....we will see if that fixes it. But why am i getting a sfc error on a clean install?

i dont know why the settings are going back.maybe there are more options at your bios where it use your changed settings only for the next start and not permanently

about the sfx error, maybe that happens because you removed some stuff with winreducer. idk because i never used sfc.

Ok sorry for long post but if anyone can give me step by step instructions on how to integrate the 3rd party stuff into windows iISO. sp i dont have to spend hours doing it each time i install windows......I would be very grateful.......oh and if anyone could verify the install technique with CSM and secure boot......that would be great.! 

AND i wish someone could explain to me WHY WHY WHY windows has so many dam issues......I have a macbookpro that i have had for 5-6 years and maybe....just maybe I have had to reinstall the OS ONCE?  what the heck is that all about?  WHY cant windows be more hardened and  why does it continuously have so many dam errors......why do i found myself spending countless hours reinstalling windows every freken 60 days?

Thanks,

Scott

windows and mac are two different things, i never used mac so i cant say what or if it is in some ways better, probably i would remove stuff too Razz

reinstalling windows each 60 days? i do it like each 3 weeks on 4 different PCs. i use on each an SSD, USB3 Port and USB3 stick. my windows installation takes like 5 minutes till i can use it again (win7, for win10 it takes like 9 minutes) (without installing software) Wink it takes me longer to backup my data on D Drive before installation

description[ANSWERED] HELP please? 3rd party software and other.  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] HELP please? 3rd party software and other.

more_horiz
you can also get some more information about driver integration here:

more_horiz
WOW that was a great response......TY very much for clearing some of that up.

I have a request....would you be willing to help me for 30 min with some basic questions using teamviewer and team speak?  I would even be willing to pay you for your time......i just need some help setting this winreducer up and I do better with hands on / visual vs reading all this.  If so, please let me know and we can set up a time?   I promise only 30 min max.  thanks!

more_horiz
and  that is too funny...........why are u having to reinstall windows every 3 weeks? Are u going to those " bad sites "  too much? lol.........or what is causing you to have to reinstall so much?

I was a total mac / Apple guy until 5 years ago when i was forced to use this PC from hell. due to my profession and my new hobby....gaming Smile

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
WOW that was a great response......TY very much for clearing some of that up.

I have a request....would you be willing to help me for 30 min with some basic questions using teamviewer and team speak?  I would even be willing to pay you for your time......i just need some help setting this winreducer up and I do better with hands on / visual vs reading all this.  If so, please let me know and we can set up a time?   I promise only 30 min max.  thanks!

sure i could help you, i always got some time between my several Jobs. got a bit time between 18-19 o´clock (now it´s nearly 13 in Germany)

i can help you via teamviewer but since i dont got in microphone i cant speak to you...

payment? i take 1.000.000€ per hour xD thanks for your offer but im helping here out for free so if you want you can just donate a bit for the winreducer project.

takitezsdc wrote:
and  that is too funny...........why are u having to reinstall windows every 3 weeks? Are u going to those " bad sites "  too much? lol.........or what is causing you to have to reinstall so much?

I was a total mac / Apple guy until 5 years ago when i was forced to use this PC from hell. due to my profession and my new hobby....gaming Smile

not really, i just reinstall them because they get a bit messy, because i do a lot of different things and i also do a lot of test on them so sometimes they are so messed up that it would take hours to fix them (instead installing Windows in 5 minutes :p )

"bad sites" ? i heard of them, thats where all those cute cat Videos are from right xD ?
i get all Software i need for free from my University or my workplaces. sometimes i get free licenses when i do translations or as a free giveaway when helping out.

more_horiz
Thanks so much~ ! Ok why dont you email me when your ready and ill send you an invite on teamviwer?   If i dont respond within 10 min send another email to me

Talk to you soon......and I think you mean around 12:00PM EST? . Its 9:00 am now where i am.  So like in 3-4 more hours?

more_horiz
oh and anything i need to download or have ready? I have a clean win 10 ISO , a few USB sticks.......winreducer10 premium .  ESD to WIM converter and all my 3rd party apps in a folder unzipped that I want to set up for a unattended install.........anything else ? AND do i need to be logged into win10 to do this or can I log into win7 to make a ISO for win10? I duel boot.....so we can use either np. Very Happy

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
Thanks so much~ ! Ok why dont you email me when your ready and ill send you an invite on teamviwer?   If i dont respond within 10 min send another email to me

Talk to you soon......and I think you mean around 12:00PM EST? . Its 9:00 am now where i am.  So like in 3-4 more hours?

yes it would be 12 pm for you. i will mail you when im ready.

takitezsdc wrote:
oh and anything i need to download or have ready? I have a clean win 10 ISO , a few USB sticks.......winreducer10 premium .  ESD to WIM converter and all my 3rd party apps in a folder unzipped that I want to set up for a unattended install.........anything else ? AND do i need to be logged into win10 to do this or can I log into win7 to make a ISO for win10? I duel boot.....so we can use either np. Very Happy

seems you got everything already Wink

you can use win10 or win7. winreducer works on both
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum