The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM Empty[EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM

more_horiz
Winter.......i am trying to use  DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth  and am constantly getting errors even when i
[EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM Arrow Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess  that I used to install windows 10 with.

PLEASE do not tell me /sigh i beg of you.........to not tell me that DISM doesn't work with a iso that was created with Winreducer.

description[EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM

more_horiz
POSTS SPILT IN NEW THREAD FOR BETTER READING !

Hello,

I split your posts to avoid having a different discussion in another post and for a better reading.

So, please follow the rules of "New Topic" creation (mentioned on top of the "New Topic" creation page).

You need to reformat this thread title according to the "New Topic" rules.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

description[EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM

more_horiz
Hello,

No, DISM is not broken but "Restore-Health" should be (Due to all removed components)

But what do you want to do ?

more_horiz
/sigh we must get that and sfc /scannow fixed..........and component reset .......fixed. I had no idea this was not working . I got it working in windows 7 with sfc /scannow.........why not 10?   those 3 options / fixes are crucial and save me lots of hours. I dont want to reinstall windows every 3 weeks like some people ( Krx) lol do.  I want to be able to fix minor problems easily.

Question.....you know what a non destructive reinstall of windows is right?  So lets say i messed up a ISO and removed something that I needed. SO  can i go back in winreducer......fix the problem and then load the new ISO onto a usb and do a nondestructive reinstall?  If my thinking is right....then it should not touch any of my personal files and it should just add in the one thing i forgot.....which i corrected in the new ISO ............right?

more_horiz
Winter? can u help me with this question?

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:
/sigh we must get that and sfc /scannow fixed..........and component reset .......fixed. I had no idea this was not working . I got it working in windows 7 with sfc /scannow.........why not 10?   those 3 options / fixes are crucial and save me lots of hours. I dont want to reinstall windows every 3 weeks like some people ( Krx) lol do.  I want to be able to fix minor problems easily.

Question.....you know what a non destructive reinstall of windows is right?  So lets say i messed up a ISO and removed something that I needed. SO  can i go back in winreducer......fix the problem and then load the new ISO onto a usb and do a nondestructive reinstall?  If my thinking is right....then it should not touch any of my personal files and it should just add in the one thing i forgot.....which i corrected in the new ISO ............right?

I think sfc/scannow does check only boot or system file which get corrupted. so i don't think if you deleted any feature you need via winreducer can be installed back from Original ISO but yes you can try and let us know.
Or you have to create/optimize original ISO according to need and step by step and check through Virutal box before installing to pc.

more_horiz
I am not as concerned about SFC is i am about restore health wit DISM.

example......lets say i have a working copy of windows i created with winreducer. i and loaded it up....then 3-4 months go by...or 2-3 weeks.......and i have loaded all my drivers and software.......and i get a uncorrectable error that i must restore my system files....well how nice would it be to be able to use DISM restore? I mean guys you know that windows is plagued with problems and with all the virus and malware out there its essential to have dism working. 

BUT let me ask again... If I took the same ISO and used DISM and told dism to use my iso as the source......its should work...BUT does not.  I get a remote procedure fail.  If dism is using my modified version of windows there should not be an error.

more_horiz
takitezsdc wrote:

Yes my friend you can do it. For example i installed a reduced iso with internet explorer + engine removed. I found that it caused various problems. So
 i used the .wccf i used before and i unchecked internet explorer + engine(also you must uncheck iso file creator->optimizations->iso - delete unneeded files). I did an in-place upgrade(you go to the folder that has the reduced files and run setup). Be careful when you start the the upgrade to check the option that you don't want updates download during installation. When everything finishes you will have everything like it was + internet explorer. Also i would advice you not to remove disk space cleaner so you can use it after installation to clean the old windows files.

description[EX-100 - v?.?.?.?] About DISM EmptySword or surgical knife

more_horiz
Hello,

I thought WinReducer would use a surgical knife when reducing a Windows Installation. But I'm afraid it uses a sword and there are severe damages left behind in the Component Store.

Kind regards

doberstw
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum