The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.0.0.0] [rs1_release Build 14393.447] About Windows Update, Windows Insider, features and services Empty[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.0.0.0] [rs1_release Build 14393.447] About Windows Update, Windows Insider, features and services

more_horiz
Hello everyone,

I've some questions about WinReducer.

Once WinReducer performed, ISO installed, what's the best way to done updates (Windows Update or WinReducer msu package then install ISO) ?

Utilization of WinReducer cause problems for Windows Update ? E.g, if I remove x features and x services, what will happen with Windows Update ? These features and services will be reinstalled or not ?

Windows Insider builds aren't a issue ?

From WinReducer, why, between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro (multiple editions ISO), there's the same number of features and the same number of services ? This leaves me perplexed because Windows 10 Pro contains more features and more services than Windows 10 Home. BitLocker, e.g, is available with Windows 10 Pro and no with Windows 10 Home, while from WinReducer the BitLocker service is configurable for Windows 10 Home.

Thx for your support.

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.0.0.0] [rs1_release Build 14393.447] About Windows Update, Windows Insider, features and services EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.0.0.0] [rs1_release Build 14393.447] About Windows Update, Windows Insider, features and services

more_horiz
Hello,

1 - The best choice to avoid trouble with Windows Updates is to integrate all updates before installation

2a - Yes, removing components from windows may cause trouble with windows updates installation after windows installation. Maybe this will be solved with the new Windows Updates architecture (UUP). For the moment, if an update detects a missing file which needs to be updated, the update process is stopped. With Windows 10, Microsoft improved this and we have less troubles, but there are still troubles from time to time.

2b - If you remove a windows component, there are no possibilities, at least for the moment, to correctly restore it ... but you want, instead of removing them in the first place, just disable them Wink

3 - Windows Insider is the experimental branch of Windows, so this may lead to instabilities while using it due to important changes made by Microsoft. In the case of WinReducer, for the moment, those builds are not correctly supported ... and in the specific case of RS2, I will update EX-100 in the next weeks to correctly support it.

4 - Even if the edition does not support a functionality, does not mean that some files are not present in it. But this part will be updated in the next weeks.

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.0.0.0] [rs1_release Build 14393.447] About Windows Update, Windows Insider, features and services EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.0.0.0] [rs1_release Build 14393.447] About Windows Update, Windows Insider, features and services

more_horiz
Hello winterstorm2050,

Thx for your reply.

Yep, I'll just disable them instead of delete them ; it's the best way.

● From Remover part, I wish delete some accessories, Windows Media Center, all languages (except EN and FR), all keyboards (except EN and FR), almost all modern apps and maybe some other things of this part. Just for all that, no issue with Windows Update or there's the same issue ?

● I've read description of ISO - Compression mode, but I can't decide me between Fast, Maximum and Recovery. What mode do you recommend me ?

● Can I safely enable Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup option ?

Again, thx for your support and for your software.

Best regards,
Dylan

more_horiz
1 - I'm not aware about such troubles with those components

2 - The best choice is "Maximum" (good compression and less time to process) ... compared to "Recovery" (excellent compression but this is a time consuming with a really slow process)

3 - Yes

Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum