View previous topicGo downView next topic
adrian2055

Smallest Win10 ever?

on Tue 23 May 2017 - 3:18
Hello everyone,

I found a version of windows 10 called "Windows 10 Extreme Lite x64 2.4.1" from this site:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 64-Bit version is only 741 MB which is amazing! While testing it out I noticed that it doesn't have Internet explorer which I actually need. I would like use WinReducer10 to make a similar version of this iso that has internet explorer. Is this possible?
ReactOS-Lite

Re: Smallest Win10 ever?

on Tue 23 May 2017 - 11:00
Really interesting, is it really possible to remove 32bit support?. I use 99% apps that is x64 so i would gladly destroy 32bit support to make it even more lite as 32bit is becoming more ancient with every year.
KrX

on Tue 23 May 2017 - 20:58
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
is 741 mb the iso/ wim or installation size ? if its the iso size my iso is smaller Razz
adrian2055

on Wed 24 May 2017 - 0:07
It's just the iso size. I think it's a 5GB installation. Now the real question is can you share your knowledge with us so we can make an even smaller Win 10 install? LOL
KrX

on Wed 24 May 2017 - 0:22
hi,

sure thats what i always do. i use winreducer as base and after that i got several batch files which remove even more. i always update them and send those to winterstorm so he can use them to improve winreducer.

i would upload them for you here but im currently moving to a new flat and cant find my power cord for my NAS .... haha. i will upload them as soon as posible
Nuky

on Wed 24 May 2017 - 14:30
KrX wrote:hi,

sure thats what i always do. i use winreducer as base and after that i got several batch files which remove even more. i always update them and send those to winterstorm so he can use them to improve winreducer.

i would upload them for you here but im currently moving to a new flat and cant find my power cord for my NAS .... haha. i will upload them as soon as posible

Did you find the cable? I'm curious to see the configuration file
dim

on Sat 1 Jul 2017 - 6:05
Have in mind that win10 support on the fly lzx compression: CompactOS

I use wimlib that has even better algorithms than Microsoft.
Without .NET, and no any other thorough deep clean, just what reducer offers, i managed to as low as 1.3 G installed system, along with all drivers, even the bloated nvidia, included.
If there is a way to ditch 32bit support i would love to know.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum