Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
pricecaptain

[SOLVED] explorer.exe The exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003)

on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 2:28
I run into this error with Windows Explorer in Windows 10 x64 RS2 builds, cannot determine which removed system files causing the error.



I have tried not removing NET framework 3.5 and 4.6, not cleaning up WinSXS, because I guessed it could be a NET framework issue, as the error does not pop up all the time. But after testing it is not related.

One thing for certain is, when installing VMtools in VM Player, at the end of the installation this exception Breakpoint error will occur 100% of the time. Also when running winreducer inside a virtual machine created by the iso image with this exception Breakpoint error problem will display the exception Breakpoint error many times during component removal process.

I have also tried to enable "Protect Windows Search" and not remove index service (Removing these will break Windows Setup/ user account creation, tested, these cannot be removed.) 
Still the same exception Breakpoint error occur in new build.

In my .wccf file I removed all services except Print Spooler and Windows Search.

My most recent.wccf settings to reproduce the error can be found here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Has anyone run into the same issue?
Whirlinurd

Re: [SOLVED] explorer.exe The exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003)

on Thu 13 Jul 2017 - 4:11
Hi.

Also removed as much as possible and did get this message also when testing in vmware. When I did a rebuild inserting several components but leaving removed services I still got the same error. So it is definitely related to one or more of the services. I removed the following:

   - Contact Data Service - Testing... No Error.
   - (Diagnostic Policy Services) - Profile removes selection
   - (Diagnostic Tracking Service) - Profile removes selection
   - File History Service - Testing... No Error.
   - Optimize Drives Service - Testing... No Error.
   - Phone Service - Testing... No error.
   - Problem Reports and Soluctions Service - Testing... No error.
   - Problem Compatibility Assistant Service - Testing... No error.
   - Superfetch Service
   - Telephony Service
   - Windows Backup Service - Testing... No Error.
   - Windows Error Reporting Service
   - (Windows Indexing Service) - Profile removes selection
   - Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
   - (Work Folders Service) - Profile removes selection

Still have to test which service is causing the problem...
avatar
pricecaptain

Re: [SOLVED] explorer.exe The exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003)

on Sat 15 Jul 2017 - 10:24
I have figured it out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
winterstorm2050
Admin
https://www.winreducer.net/

Re: [SOLVED] explorer.exe The exception Breakpoint A breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003)

on Sun 30 Jul 2017 - 10:30
SOLVED in v1.8.8.0 !

Hello,

Wonderful sharing, and amazing work ... thank you very much for your researches Smile

Have a nice day !

P.S. : Tipoc moved to "Bugs" section.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum