The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions? Empty[SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions?

more_horiz
Does EX-100 support LTSB versions?

description[SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions? EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions?

more_horiz
Hello Hanyo Smile

It should be compatible.

description[SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions? EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions?

more_horiz
Unfortunately not. The unattended.xml seems not to be compartiblewith the LTBS2016. When I activate unattended setup, I get an error message in the beginning of the setup, saying EULA can't be found. With a Win10Pro-ISO the same unattended.xml works fine. When I disable unattendet setup completely Idon't get this message but setup never finish because of a loop: Whatever I do, I always get again the following page:

[SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions? Loop10

My wccf

more_horiz
Also removing "Telemetry" doesn't change it. For me it's proofed that LTSB- and Professional-version are not compatible and therefore it seems to be not a good idea to use Winreducer for LTSB.

I want to explain my interest for LTSB: In a normal version it's not possible to control which updates are installed, especially there is no way to prevent the install of feature updates. That's why I removed "Windows Update" completely in my Professional-ISO. I would prefer to install security updates but no feature updates. That's what LTBS-versions do. So I hoped that I can apply Winreducer on a LTBS-ISO. It's a pity.

more_horiz
Hello,

1) Have you tried without the unattended.xml ? How this work without ?

2) Have you removed some WinReducer components in your ISO ?

3) I do not have an LTSB ISO, but if I have a way to get one, I will be able to fix this.

Smile

more_horiz
I must correct myself. I made my tests with a N-version with integrated updates: 1607 Build 14393.1770.

Now I tested a non-N-version with no integrated updates: 1607 Build 14393.0 (this one I sent to you by PM, Winter) and setup runs through.

more_horiz
Setup runs through but the installation isn't working. Klick on "Updates" causes an error. The wccf works fine with Pro.

[SOLVED] Does EX-100 support LTSB versions? Fehler12

more_horiz
I tested it again with v1.9.3 with the same result. Winter, could you reproduce the trouble with the ISO I sent you?

more_horiz
Hello,

I will execute some preliminary tests this week-end.

I will let you know about it, as soon as possible.

more_horiz
Hello,

I am using WR EX-100 with Win10 LTSB too.
I would like to make a few comments based on my experience:

1. WR works best on computer with the latest .net installed (4.7.1). If .net is not updated, it tends to be unreliable.

2. It works well with LTSB. I am unable to figure out a way to attach the preset. Will do so when I do.

3. I was able to integrate .net3.5 but am having trouble with .net3.5 applications. I am not sure how to isolated the issue and could use help here.

more_horiz
I used windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64 which integrated kb3186568  and all last update.
Then used  winreducerex100_x64-v1.9.4.0 on it.Can not complete the installation.Appear endless loop。
windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb has been stereotypes. windows10 1709 change is relatively large。
Now windows10 1709 firewall can not be banned.

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Have you tried with the latest v1.9.6.0 to solve the endless loop installation Wink

more_horiz
zzony wrote:
Now windows10 1709 firewall can not be banned.

do you mean that we can not remove Windows Firewall with WinReducer?

more_horiz
Used windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64 which integrated kb3186568(.net 4.7.1) and kb4051033 with dism.
Then used winreducerex100_x64-v1.9.6.0 on it.Can not complete the installation.Appear endless loop。

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.9.8.1 (VIP Closed Build) and v1.9.9.0 !

Hello,

I'm working on LTSB 2016 support so I will solve as bugs as possible in the next 2 weeks.

P.S. : Topic moved to bugs forum !

more_horiz
Win10_LTBS_x64 with EX100 1.9.10.0 is installable now. Thank you very much! But there is still the problem that the cumulative update KB4053579 isn't installable (error code 0x800f081f). This seems to me not to be a LTSB issue but a general one, right?

more_horiz
Hello Hanyo Smile

Thank you very much for the feedback about LTSB ... this is what you could try :
- mount your ltsb (the offical one without modification)
- integrate only your updates
- save this iso (without modifying anything else)
- test your iso, in a virtual machine, to check if all your updates have been correctly integrated
==> Keep this iso for future use ... I'm doing like this ... Wink

- Then in a second time, mount this new iso (the one with all updates integrated) ... and apply your wccf.

more_horiz
I integrated the cumulative update before using Winreducer and then Windows update runs through and installed some more updates without an error.

more_horiz
Hey, is there any new info?

Are other ex-100 features usable with the ltsb version?

Thanks in advance.

more_horiz
> Are other ex-100 features usable with the ltsb version?

Yes, all of them, as far as I see.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum