The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.1.0] [RS3 Build 16299] Security Center broken Empty [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.1.0] [RS3 Build 16299] Security Center broken

more_horiz
So, with RS2, Security Center was broken was well for me, but it instead opened the old Windows Defender interface, which was fine by me.

Now with RS3, it doesn't do anything but show the loading mouse cursor. Nothing gets opened and Windows Defender is basically inaccessible.

I have looked for anything that might break Security Center, but there's nothing obvious in sight. I didn't remove anything Security Center related and Windows Defender itself works fine, too. Just no interface, which is kinda annoying.

Any pointers at what might cause this? Here's my wccf:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

description [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.1.0] [RS3 Build 16299] Security Center broken EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.1.0] [RS3 Build 16299] Security Center broken

more_horiz
So, due to the lack of help and often very little information on components, I had to manually weed out the broken components. To save anyone else from having to go through this painstaking process, here are my findings:

Azure Active Directory breaks the login into the Microsoft account through the store/Xbox app.

Windows Perception Service breaks the store.

Smart Screen breaks the security center.

Proximity also breaks the store.

It would be great if these issues could be fixed, or notes added that they break these components.

It would also be great if the descriptions of components could be greatly expanded. It's often really not clear what a components does and what it affects. Azure Active Directory for example is a component that's only for the Enterprise edition and just by looking at the description and through google there's no way to guess that it breaks the Microsoft login. Going through 30+ different iterations just to weed out the components through trial and error is NOT fun and could be greatly alleviated by giving us users a better idea of what each component does. "No description" is not very helpful.

description [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.1.0] [RS3 Build 16299] Security Center broken EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v1.9.1.0] [RS3 Build 16299] Security Center broken

more_horiz
Hello,

You post is really interesting for me, because you identified all components ... that will speed up the fixing process by much Smile

I added your list to my ToDo list for the next builds.

I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your multiple reports !

more_horiz
SOLVED in v1.9.5.1 [VIP Closed Build] and v1.9.6.0 !

Hello,

"Network - Azure Active Directory", "Network - Proximity" and "Services - Windows Perception Service" will be fixed in v1.9.5.1 [VIP Closed Build] Smile

"Network -Smart Screen" will be fixed in v1.9.6.0 !

Thank you very much for your reports !

P.S. :TOPIC MOVED TO BUGS FORUM !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum