The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.0.2.0] [RS4 Build 17134] Sysprep broken Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.0.2.0] [RS4 Build 17134] Sysprep broken

more_horiz
Hello Winter!

I just reviewed the newest stable EX100 version and found that Sysprep might be broken. I am able to enter the audit mode install programs and change stuff, but when I try to generalize it stops after some seconds with a major error. Unfortunatley there is no error code or something. Can you or anybody else reading this confirm this problem?
Maybe it has to do with some expert settings I took, but this is only a wild guess.

Here is my config:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All the best and thank you!
Markus

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.0.2.0] [RS4 Build 17134] Sysprep broken EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.0.2.0] [RS4 Build 17134] Sysprep broken

more_horiz
Ok so after I further investigatet this behaviour more I could nail it down to any or some of those five settings resulting in breaking the Sysprep Generalization (even if you have no internet connection):

Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Auto Check Proxy Utility" Selected="true" />
Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Azure Active Directory" Selected="true" />
Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Internet Explorer (Developer Tools)" Selected="true" />
Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="OneDrive (Online Backup)" Selected="true" />
Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Telemetry" Selected="true" />

I keep you updated which will be the winner Smile

All the best,
Markus

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.0.2.0] [RS4 Build 17134] Sysprep broken EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.0.2.0] [RS4 Build 17134] Sysprep broken

more_horiz
And the winner is:

Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Telemetry" Selected="true" />

So either there is some bug related to WinReducer or this component is actually really needed and sould be deactivated automatically if you use the "protect sysprep" (Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Sysprep" Selected="true" />) switch. Smile

more_horiz
Ok after another digging I found out that removing (but not deactivating!) Windows Features like Internet Exploerer 11 or Windows Media player is also breaking the gernealizing process! So these components should be protected aswell when 'protect sysprep' is activated.

p.s.: I found out that if you enable .net Framework 3.5 and enter the sysprep mode, it still is deactivated!
p.p.s: Remove - Modern UI Apps" Name="Phone" Selected="true" /> is not working and is displayed again, after you enter a already with winreducer slimmed down windows!

more_horiz
This Problem is still valid for EX100 v.2.1.0.0. So if you remove any "Windows Feature" with Winreducer and setup Windows the generalize process while syspreping stops with a major error.

more_horiz
Just a quick update - Element Category="Remove - Network" Name="Telemetry" will also break the sysprep generalize process Smile

Kind regards,
Markus

more_horiz
SOLVED in v2.1.0.1 [VIP] and v2.1.1.0 [ALL] !

Hello Markus Smile

Thank you very much for your reports, your different feedback and your patience.

So, I solved the sysprep troubles in RS4/RS5 but if you find something more, please report it in here.

I wish you to have very great day !

more_horiz
Hey Winterstorm2050!

Thank you for the update on this topic! I will look into it as soon as 2.1.1.0 All is out and report back! Smile

Kind regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello Winterstorm2050!

I just wanted to confirm that now the Sysprep won't break if you remove the Windows Media Player! Thank you very much for that!

Kind regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum