The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.0.0] [RS4 Build 17134_x64] WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) automatically set to true Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.0.0] [RS4 Build 17134_x64] WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) automatically set to true

more_horiz
Hi All!

I noticed a strange behaviour. In my *.wccf I have WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) set to false, but after WinReducer completed successfully it is automatically set to true when I check the new created config in the last used folder and in the new created ISO. Does anybody else have seen this behaviour?

Kind regards,
Markus

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.0.0] [RS4 Build 17134_x64] WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) automatically set to true EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.0.0] [RS4 Build 17134_x64] WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) automatically set to true

more_horiz
Hello Markus Smile

It's automatically selected to remove depending on certain scenarios, in order to avoid some possible bad issues : for example, if you use WinSxS Complete Cleanup or if you are using "Automatic Removing" (with ISO optimizations activated) ...

Wink

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.0.0] [RS4 Build 17134_x64] WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) automatically set to true EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.0.0] [RS4 Build 17134_x64] WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim) automatically set to true

more_horiz
Thank you for the quick response! I used the later one (Automatic Removing). Smile I will try this out and report back soon.

more_horiz
hi markus how does it look?

more_horiz
Hi KrX,

thank you for reminding me on this topic. I now tried again and it works as intended when the "automatic removing" is unselected.

Because of this I will close this topic as solved.

Best regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum