The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5] Unable to keep Hyper-V Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5] Unable to keep Hyper-V

more_horiz
I want to keep Hyper-V for creating a Guest ISO-image.
I set it to blank under Features and disabled removal for all Hyper-V items (+ virtual network card and to be safe also all VirtualBox and VMware Player stuff such as Intel network driver) lank), but it keeps setting Hyper-V to removal (selected true, setting 3) when I just save the configuration.

Even when I Clear all settings, tick Automatic removal process and set Hyper-V to enabled under Features it saves the configuration with Hyper-V set to remove.

How do I keep Hyper-V?

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5] Unable to keep Hyper-V EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5] Unable to keep Hyper-V

more_horiz
hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
In Features do not delete Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
and try

icy

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5] Unable to keep Hyper-V EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.7.0] [RS5] Unable to keep Hyper-V

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:
In Features do not delete Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
and try
icy

Ot is removed in my "Hyper-V"-profile, so thanks for pointing that out.

Issue however remains, as I pointed out:
Even when I Clear all settings, tick Automatic removal process and set Hyper-V to enabled under Features it saves the configuration with Hyper-V set to remove.

more_horiz

When the iso is compiling you must look onto the screen when  the removing  of Hyper-V  starts.

the culprit is one of the items in the sections removed before Hyper-V  is removed

i  found out that way in my compilation

icy

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:

When the iso is compiling you must look onto the screen when  the removing  of Hyper-V  starts.

the culprit is one of the items in the sections removed before Hyper-V  is removed

i  found out that way in my compilation

icy

Another good tip, but it goes wrong before that. I am not even hitting apply, just saving the configuration file.
If the configuration file states it will remove Hyper-V (even though I try everything to keep it enabled), then I do not think it is worth hitting apply and performing the actual removal process.

more_horiz
hi Jeronim0
RULES !!
If there is a new version of Winreducer,NEVER use  any.wccf from another versiob as this gives always problems
1 in your first compilation use 
Unattended +  Keyboards +  Languages  see if it compilates and works, it should work, if not look at your presets,
do not protect updates as the isos will be very big
2 process  Features  with what is left in the directory you compiled
if iso not working ,delete everyting in this directory and use winrar co copy the former iso that was working into
the directory ti winreduse
3 do the same procedure for every item one by one  as in "2" for Remover :  Accessories , Control Panels , Drivers , Fonts ;
In Font Consolas & Segoe  is needed , Multimedia ,Network,be carefull with Privacy as things may not work;
be carefull with Settings as items may not be visible or deleted , themes & tweaks.
Do this also for Services 
Do not use Expert Optimations
TILL IT WORKS,it should work at the end and yes it will cost you a lot of work and mayby
some headaches
This is how I did ir
icy

more_horiz
I will check to be certain in a week or 2 when I am back from Holiday, but it is pretty simple:
I mount a folder
I only set Hyper-V to enabled under features
I select save configuration.
I open the configuration file and it shows selected true, value 3 (remove) for Hyper-V.

more_horiz
hi Jeronim0

Why do You need Hyper-V.?
I never use it to mount an iso, instead I use Bootit Black Metal,more than 15 years without problems
This allows You to have 4 bootable partitions,in extended MBR 8 partitions.
This allows You to use 3 or 7 if extended MBR bootpatitions and 1 partition to store data and programs accessible to all bootable partitions
You can partition,format delete ,create , reduce,enlarge,backup & restore partitions when booting
Partitions can be in NTFS,Fat,Fat32,exfat,HPFS etc 
You can choose to make MBR or GPT disks
you got a virus infection or a crash  or something not removable, you name it, it takes a few minutes to restore a partition and boot.
all Hyper-V. code can be deleted and if you make a winreduced iso ,you can test it in real time without loosing the other bootable partitions
Mount Virtual OSes NO,not for me
icy

more_horiz
I have a work laptop, that I am allowed to use for personal stuff as well, but I want a separate environment for that. I want to use Hyper-V for that so I can quickly have access to it. With Multi-boot I would need to reboot and that is not what I want.
(I know I need an additional license for that Guest system)

more_horiz
Issue resolved in 2.3.0.0 (not sure which release i between exactly)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum