Go down
avatar
icy007

Spying & Forensic Evidence Empty Spying & Forensic Evidence

on Sat 18 May 2019 - 15:51
Hi to All
A few weeks i aleady mentined that Malwarebytes Anti Malware was looking into %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent,
When entering "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent" into "Run" or "Fileexplurer" You will get into an hiddenSystemDirectory "Recent",
here all the hyperlinks are Stored.
When I enter this into my windows 10 I get  : Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Noel\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent,'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
This is because this Recent directory no longer exist into my Vindows and the creation of hyperlinks stopped in my system
The hyperlinks in the Recent directory are used by Forensics to trace your activities, see below for info
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Probably Microsoft uses this also to spy on You, they w' ont tell You.
If You do not know this, the data into Recent Directory will grow and grow as it is not automaticly deleted by Ccleaner and others
You need to do it by adding this directory,this directory is also constantly fragmenting Windows as every thing is hyperlinked :
opening programs,docs,internet sites ,You name it,Why ????
So it is clear thet deleting cache,history ,coockies and TMP does not protect You from spying,the whole Recent directory with hyperlinks must be deleted.
But Windows 10 directly recreates the Recent directory and restart creating hyperlinks , this is not ending 
On the internet there are a few registry items and tricks claiming to stop all this [CENSORED], i have been testing them all,none is working.
So I made mine and this is working and you will not find it onto internet.
Windows 10 is also spamming my Tmp directory with a lot of empty directories each time i boot, i also have a remedy for it
if Winterstorm is interested into my findings to integrate into Winreducer then he should contact me .

icy
XJDHDR
XJDHDR

Spying & Forensic Evidence Empty Re: Spying & Forensic Evidence

on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 11:21
I see a lot of fear-mongering in this post.
The Recent folder is used to populate the the various "Recent Items" lists found in various places: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There are zero hyperlinks in my Recent folder but that's because Firefox stores it's most recent websites in your Firefox profile folder. The hyperlinks are most likely being stored there by Internet Explorer and Edge. Maybe Chrome as well, if they do things that way.
You claim that Microsoft is using these files to spy on you but present no evidence supporting this claim. How do you know they are?
I hate to break this to you but if a forensics team has seized your PC and is combing through it for evidence, nothing short of physically destroying the storage devices is going to stop them. Deleting a folder is definitely not going to do so.
My Recent folder is currently sitting at 3.5MB in size without any cleaning other than the Disk Cleanup program built into Windows. I have had this Windows install since February so how long exactly is it supposed to take to "grow and grow". I also don't see anything there older than a month or so. So how do you know that this folder isn't getting cleaned? What "fragmentation" is 3.5MB of files going to do? Why does fragmentation matter on an SSD?
Finally, how do you know that it's "Windows" creating those empty Tmp folders and not a third party program? Whatever it is, how do you know that there isn't a good reason for this? What does this even have to do with spying?
avatar
icy007

Spying & Forensic Evidence Empty Re: Spying & Forensic Evidence

on Tue 16 Jul 2019 - 17:06
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Recent is only a part of the history
Windows is just like Big Brother,
See  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger
& HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels
And there are others
Windows 10 is a very good OS , but also a Giant Spy Machine
See all around onto the internet, there a tens and tens of programs  to block telemetry
They are sending You ads depending on what You visited or where doing.
The telemetry Winterstorm disabled  is only part of  windows spying
But mayby You do not agree wit me ,no problem, that's OK for me

icy
XJDHDR
XJDHDR

Spying & Forensic Evidence Empty Re: Spying & Forensic Evidence

on Wed 17 Jul 2019 - 0:33
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Even more fear-mongering.

icy007 wrote:Recent is only a part of the history
You still haven't demonstrated that Recent Files has anything to do with telemetry.

icy007 wrote:Windows is just like Big Brother,
That logical fallacy is a Straw Man Argument. Microsoft is not a world government (not even remotely close) so the comparison is invalid. This is also the fallacies of the Appeal to Fear and Slippery Slope. I love how people always try to draw a comparison between a perceived privacy invasion and 1984, as if they think that the one automatically leads to the other.

icy007 wrote:See  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger
Do your homework: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's a boot process debugger for third party programs and drivers. What those programs choose to do with that data has nothing to do with MS. And it's not even enabled by default.

icy007 wrote:& HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels
Part of Event Logger. The part of Windows where programs can send messages about events and errors: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And which has been part of Windows since Vista: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
And here's the docs on Channels: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
What those programs which generated those events do with the logs also has nothing to do with MS. Still not seeing your proof of "malicious spyware" in Win10.

icy007 wrote:And there are others
Windows 10 is a very good OS , but also a Giant Spy Machine
Considering your track record so far, this is doubtful.

icy007 wrote:See all around onto the internet,
You are the one making these claims. The burden of proof is on you to prove your claims, not on me to find the evidence for you.

icy007 wrote:there a tens and tens of programs to block telemetry
Ever heard of Paranoia? Furthermore, nowhere do you quantify these statement. Give specifics. What exactly is Win10's basic telemetry level collecting that is so invasive? What does this basic level collect that other OSs like Linux are not? Finally, how is MS supposed to fix bugs and improve their products if they don't receive feedback on what works and what doesn't?

icy007 wrote:They are sending You ads depending on what You visited or where doing.
You have not provided proof that Microsoft is doing this in Windows.

icy007 wrote:The telemetry Winterstorm disabled is only part of windows spying
Considering you posted this back in May and how no one showed any interest until I posted my rebuttal, it seems that there is very little interest in your FUD.

icy007 wrote:But mayby You do not agree wit me ,no problem, that's OK for me
This isn't about agreement or what you or I believe. It's about the truth.
Furthermore, your reply proves otherwise. You're not okay with me disagreeing with you. You are compelled to "prove" that I am wrong. You are compelled to convert me to agreeing with you.
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum