The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing Empty[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing

more_horiz
Hi everybody.

Back again for another round of RS6 versus WinReducer. Lets see who will win this time. WinReducer still needs some training from Winterstorm to get better but he is working on it whenever he can.

To be clear just as in the RS5 thread there is one thing that must work and that is Windows Update. It is very possible to remove more components with integrating updates but I do not expect that everyone will build and integrate a new setup every time a new cumulative update is released.

Lets begins with build number 1.

ps. that is not looking good yet.

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing

more_horiz
Windows 10 RS6 v0.1

Windows Update: Works - VMWare Setup: Works

Features
Hyper-V - Windows Media Player

Remove - Accessories
Diagnostics (Speech) - Diagnostics (Windows Media Player) - Ease of Access - Recovery Drive Creator - Screen Magnifier - Screen Reader - Windows Repair Disc - Windows Sidebar

Remove - Control Panels
Control Panel - Backup and Restore (Windows 7) + (Files) - Control Panel - Ease of Access + (Files) - Control Panel - Text to Speech

Remove - Drivers
Hyper-V - All - Network - ISDN - All
Printer - All
(Printer - Microsoft (Print to PDF))
(Printer - Microsoft (Write to PDF))
(Printer - XPS)
Scanner - All

Remove - Languages

Remove - Modern UI Apps
Bing - All - Zune - All

Remove - Multimedia
Speech + (Voice Activation) - Windows Media Center

Windows 10 RS6 v0.2

Windows Update: Works - VMWare Setup: Works

Features
Data Center Bridging (DCB) - Host Guardian - Internet Information Services (IIS) - MultiPoint Connector - Net Framework 4.6 Network Advanced Services - Printing - LPR Port Monitor - Printing - LPD Print Service - Printing - Fax and Scan Services - Telnet Client and Server - Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 - Windows Subsystem for Linux

Remove - Accessories
16-bit Support - Administrative Tools (Hyper-V Manager) + Shortcut - Briefcase - Character Map - Diagnostics Troubleshooting Wizard - Disk Image Burning Tool - Disk Space Cleaner - Imapi - Input Method Editor - On Screen Keyboard - Paint - Point Of Service (POS) Access - Private Character Editor - Steps Recorder - Snipping Tool - Welcome Center - Windows Easy Transfer - Wordpad - Write - Zip

Remove - Control Panels
Control Panel - Infrared + (Files) - Control Panel - Mobility Center - Control Panel - Pen and Touch + (Files) - Control Panel - Phone and Modem + (Files) - Control Panel - Speech Recognition - Control Panel - Sync Center Folder + (Files) - Control Panel - Tablet PC Settings + (Files)

Remove - Drivers
Support - Infrared - Support - iSCSI - Support - Point Of Service (POS) - All

Remove - Languages

Remove - Modern UI Apps
3D - All - Content Delivery Manager - Get Help - Messaging - Office Hub - OneNote - Skype - Solitaire Collection - Sticky Notes - Windows Feedback - Windows Photos + (Print Wizard) - Windows Sound Recorder

Remove - Languages
- All
(Language Pack Support)

Remove - Multimedia

Remove - Network
Microsoft Sync

Services
Fax Service - HyperV Services - Messaging Service - Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service

Windows 10 RS6 v0.3

description[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing

more_horiz
Result:

v0.1

[2.1.7.0] - Windows Update - Cumulative Update does not install. Reboots after 7 percent.

v0.2

[2.1.8.0] - Start Menu Links not removed:
- Office Hub - Character Map - Paint - Snipping Tool - Steps Recorder

[2.1.8.0] - Components not removed:
- Disk Space Cleaner - Speech Recognition - Wordpad

more_horiz
Current Status:

Latest version 2.1.8.0 has improved support of 1903 but still component fixes are needed for later versions.

more_horiz
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
For Info 
if you test your extreme preset with protect windows Updates ,well then your iso will grow with more
than 1.2 Gbs
Tell me the size of The extreme preset with or without protect windows Update. if possible ?
icy

more_horiz
Hi Ky007.

Since Windows 10 changed its Windows Update format some time ago it is still not possible to slipstream a cumulative update. At the moment it only works by adding the updates to the iso. As for Protect Windows Update this will not influence the way the updates are integrated. It only protects the Windows Update function from breaking.

more_horiz
Hi Whirlinurd
I totally agree with You Whirlinurd , but Your Extreme Preset becomes a Very Big Preset as it will grow more than 1.2 Gbs .
Is it that what You want ??
icy

more_horiz
It appears that Microsoft HTML Help Control is unsafe to remove because Cheat Engine cannot open. It also causes problems with certain Trainers and possibly applications beyond that.
[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing WZye4Mj

Help was always the 1st thing I removed in Windows 7, without any problems. Once WinReducer catches up and becomes fully compatible with the latest W10, we 'could' look towards Discord or something to easily collaborate on the perfect preset (with the same goal of course). It would help to document the changes along the way and blacklist what items should never be touched because of . . . . etc. Unfortunately right now, it's hard to know which side is responsible for certain components being unsafe to remove or disable. NTLite is quite far ahead in many aspects.. but that isn't free. Haven't got a lot of time right now to hang around, but once things have ironed out considerably, I should be back to testing again.

I should think about getting a new HDD, as this one has taken a huge amount of wear.

more_horiz
Hi
Watson is right when he says that remioving the help engine gives problems with certain applications.
Winterstorm should have a look at those because if i remove Help (HTML) an application says the Help (Engine) is missing and i am sure i did not remove  Help and Support & Help (Engine) , only Help (HTML) was removed, i had to put it back in order to install that application.
Concerning NTLite I do not agree with Watson.
The only thing that makes NTLite different  is  that items can be stored and put back if needed , or they can be removed like Winreducer does .
The second difference , if it can be called a difference , is that all new  updates are all stored, then the updates are integrated into an original iso , then this iso with integrated updates is NTLited., Is this a benefit ? 
Updates still need to be integrated into a full original iso and afterwards NTLited.
So This is not so much different from Winreducer.
Winreducer with a very good preset is smaller and has a lot less problems .

icy

more_horiz
Hi
Some of the scarce info i found
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
icy

more_horiz
Watson wrote:
It appears that Microsoft HTML Help Control is unsafe to remove because Cheat Engine cannot open. It also causes problems with certain Trainers and possibly applications beyond that.
[SOLVED] [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 18362.30] Extreme Preset Testing WZye4Mj

Help was always the 1st thing I removed in Windows 7, without any problems. Once WinReducer catches up and becomes fully compatible with the latest W10, we 'could' look towards Discord or something to easily collaborate on the perfect preset (with the same goal of course). It would help to document the changes along the way and blacklist what items should never be touched because of . . . . etc. Unfortunately right now, it's hard to know which side is responsible for certain components being unsafe to remove or disable. NTLite is quite far ahead in many aspects.. but that isn't free. Haven't got a lot of time right now to hang around, but once things have ironed out considerably, I should be back to testing again.

I should think about getting a new HDD, as this one has taken a huge amount of wear.

Removing help always lead to this issue, IIRC even with at least Windows 8.1 and I think 7, too.

Personally I don't think it's worth keeping help around for that, as I've personally only ever encountered problems with hhctrl.ocx specifically. There's another component that leads to similar issues, Error Reporting. Some games (mostly ones running Unreal Engine 3) need faultrep.dll to work, which gets removed. The quick and easy fix I've been using is to just keep a hhctrl.ocx and faultrep.dll around and just putting it into the folder of the application as needed.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum