The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionEX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed EmptyEX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed

more_horiz
EX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 64bit home - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed.
Is that a known bug ?

descriptionEX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed EmptyRe: EX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome Smile

To remove "Windows Denfender" you need to select to remove these components :
- "Features - Windows Defender Application Guard"
- "Control Panel - Windows Defender"
- "Modern UI Apps - Windows Defender"
- "Settings - Update and Security - Windows Defender"
- "Services - Windows Defender Service"
- "Services - Windows Defender Security Center Service"
- "Services - Windows Defender System Guard Service"

You may also choose to use the "Automatic Removing" option ... which will choose automatically all the dependent components ... but with this mode you can't do everything you want because it will select for you the components depending on which components you select .! This is the opposite of the "Manual" mode (which is the default mode of EX-100 the first time you start) : so with this "Manual" mode you can select precisely which components you want to remove (in other words, they are not automatically selected) !

There are also "Tweaks" in the ""Tweaks - Modern UI - Apps - Defender" you may use if you do not want to remove "Windows Defender".

To be complete, I also created some "WCCF" (WinReducer Custom Configuration File) you can load in EX-100 : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please let me know, and I wish you to have a great day !

descriptionEX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed EmptyRe: EX100 2.1.7.0 - Win10 - build 1903 - Windows Defender - does not get removed

more_horiz
Thanks so much.
Btw, I've tried "Desktop (Security+Edge+Store) - Normal" with 1903 and it failed, so I tried "Desktop - Normal" also with 1903 and it failed too.
It's generating a nice blue screen titled "why did my PC restart? , there's a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready .. "
I don't know if it's 1903 compatibility issue or that the WCCFs at those extreme configs are meant to fail.

more_horiz
Hello neo Smile

All wccf are for RS5 ... but I will update them to support RS6 ... v2.1.7.0 is not totally ready for RS6, so I'm working on v2.1.8.0 which will bring much more stability for RS6.

It will be released soon.

more_horiz
Hello,
this report is old, does this problem still happen?
If there is no new info, or no other gut this problem, i will close this bug report on the end of the week.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum