The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 10.0.18362.175] Can't Create ISO Empty[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 10.0.18362.175] Can't Create ISO

more_horiz
Hello,

at first, sorry for my bad english (i'm german). Maybe that's the reason why i can't find a thread with the same problem.

Now my problem:

When i load a preset file and go to the FINISH there is no Apply-Button to create the ISO-File.

Thanks for help

Hans

description[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 10.0.18362.175] Can't Create ISO EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 10.0.18362.175] Can't Create ISO

more_horiz
Hello and welcome Smile

This is because you are not using the correct tool ... you are using the "Preset Editor".

To "Apply" your changes you need to mount your windows edition from an iso then you will be able to apply your changes.

1 - do you have an official windows 10 iso ?

2 - if yes, open EX-100

3 - click on the "HOME" button

4 - click on "ISO" button

5 - then follow instructions

Let us know if you need more assistance.

I wish you to have a great day !

description[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 10.0.18362.175] Can't Create ISO EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS6 Build 10.0.18362.175] Can't Create ISO

more_horiz
Hello and thanks for the quick reply.

I think i found the reason. I thought it isn't necessary to load and extract the ISO and mount the Windows edition everytime when i use a preset file.

My understandig was, when an ISO is loaded it will be saved in WinReducerEX100_x32\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer and this information about the folder and the used Windows edtion will also be safed in the preset-file.

As i see it right, i have to load and extract the ISO and to mount the Windows edition everytime when i start winreducer, even if the content of the ISO is saved in the folder ExtractedByWinReducer.

That would be a good approach for improvement in the next release, to start directly with an already extracted ISO and, in the best way, mounted Windows edition. One reason for this improvement is, that the program ends after creating an ISO file.

Kind regards,

Hans

P.S.: I have a second problem and i think it's a bug, so i post it in the bugs-forum.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum