WinReducer.net Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lema
lema

'Press START, then type to search' is gone Empty 'Press START, then type to search' is gone

on Wed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:22
On a standard Win10 you can press the Start and then simply type to search for a file or a function.
It seems that i have 'reduced' that away (although i really was carefully, just wanted to get rid of xbox, games etc) but i can't find what to choose to bring that function back.
I really would appreciate your help.

Thanks, LeMa
icy007

'Press START, then type to search' is gone Empty Re: 'Press START, then type to search' is gone

on Fri 9 Aug 2019 - 18:43
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Hey LeMa
You should look into the tweaks
icy
blastikor

'Press START, then type to search' is gone Empty Re: 'Press START, then type to search' is gone

on Tue 20 Aug 2019 - 3:26
Did you by chance remove Cortana?
lema
lema

on Sat 31 Aug 2019 - 7:15
yes i did ...
blastikor

on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 3:03
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
From what I understand removing Cortana breaks the search function.
lema
lema

on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 9:35
very true.
it's a tricky thing to reduce a win10 professional to a system you can use professionally Razz
winterstorm2050
winterstorm2050
Admin
https://www.winreducer.net/

on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:11
Hello guys Smile

Could you please confirm which Windows 10 version you are using (RS5, RS6, ...) ?

Thanks Smile
lema
lema

on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 10:48
a current 1903 iso ...
the tricky thing is because ms is including a lot of stuff you normally dont need or want in an office setting (xbox etc).
blastikor

on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 21:08
Hmmm..you could always use a start menu replacer like open-shell.I think I remember reading somewhere that it has it's own search function.I don't know if that would be an option for you since it's an office setting build.
lema
lema

on Thu 12 Sep 2019 - 21:23
i'm using 'classic shell' already and will do the rest via gpo's. but winreducer is giving a great install iso for all pc's.
and for search function also lookeen is worth a look, especially together with outlook.
:-)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum