The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

dism StartComponentCleanup ResetBase directly on offline image

+3
Jpm
winterstorm2050
KrX
7 posters

descriptiondism StartComponentCleanup ResetBase directly on offline image  - Page 2 EmptyRe: dism StartComponentCleanup ResetBase directly on offline image

more_horiz
Thank you, victor123, for the hint. I solved it by not letting winreducer create an ISO in one go, so I can execute

Dism /Image:D:\WinReducer\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\MOUNT\TEMP_Windows /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

After that I let winreducer create the ISO.

descriptiondism StartComponentCleanup ResetBase directly on offline image  - Page 2 EmptyRe: dism StartComponentCleanup ResetBase directly on offline image

more_horiz
Ok then. The above command does the same that clean winsxs folder cleanup (install.wim) in winreducer does; does windows update works after the command;

more_horiz
Yes, the unreduced but (integrated) updated ISO is updateable:

dism StartComponentCleanup ResetBase directly on offline image  - Page 2 Update11

Therefore I think the command in my last post ist not what happend when winsxs folder cleanup is performed. I never was able to make a CU after I used winsxs folder cleanup. An the other way round I wasn't able to use the DISM-command above after I integrated NetFX3. But when I reduce the updated and cleand ISO, I use winsxs folder cleanup successfully.

more_horiz
Sorry but just to clear. I have an untouched iso. In this iso i integrate updates and remove components. the time to use the above command is

1. when i first mount the iso and before i press apply in winreducer(can i integrate netfx;);
2. i press apply, i let winreducer finish and then i mount the iso again and use the dism command;

if you tell me step by step the procedure so that the resulting iso is updatable i would be grateful.

more_horiz
It is not a good idea to integrate updates and reduce windows in one step. The reason is that winreducer integrates the updates at the very end, after the reductions! So for example a cumulative update would integrate again stuff you just reduced.

I always do it in two steps: First I produce (using winreducer) an updated ISO with no reductions, and second I use winreducer to reduce this ISO.

So, step by step I do this:

1. Load an official ISO in winreducer.

2. Just use "integrate updates" and "delete unneeded editions". Not write to ISO in one step.

3. After finishing: Dism /Image:D:\WinReducer\WinReducerEX100_x64\WORK\MOUNT\TEMP_Windows /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

4. Write to ISO

5. If you need NetFX3 you must use Winreducer again to integrate it.

6. Usind Winreducer to reduce this ISO, including winsxs folder cleanup if you like.

HTH
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum