The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Winreduced ISO DirectX Web Setup "Internal system error occured" Empty[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Winreduced ISO DirectX Web Setup "Internal system error occured"

more_horiz
Does anyone have any clue which tweak/remove could be causing this, also my discord says "Installation corrupt" on any winreduced ISO, so anything you suggest to fix the DirectX error, might also fix other problems

Ive been dealing with this on every Winreduced ISO that Ive made

Windows 10

Appreciate any help

description[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Winreduced ISO DirectX Web Setup "Internal system error occured" EmptyRe: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Winreduced ISO DirectX Web Setup "Internal system error occured"

more_horiz
Never had problems with DirectX and I remove a lot of things. I do however have this same problem with Discord, in both reduced win7 - win10. Even contacted Discord's support but to no avail. I have no idea what component I might be removing that discord needs. 
Pasting your wccf somewhere might help someone to detect the problem.

description[UNDER INVESTIGATION] Winreduced ISO DirectX Web Setup "Internal system error occured" EmptyRe: [UNDER INVESTIGATION] Winreduced ISO DirectX Web Setup "Internal system error occured"

more_horiz
Hi

Do not remove  in

- Features
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

- Drivers 
   -  Modem (All) --
   - Support - Modem

-  Multimedia
  - DirectX (Direct Music)
  - Gracenote (GNSDK) 

- Network  
  - Distributed File System (DFS) 

- Privacy 
  -  Microphone Let apps use my microphone

- Services
   - Network Connectivity Assistant Service  
   - SNMP Trap Service

Let me know if it works  icy

more_horiz
Keeping/Enabling "Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)" was the solution to the DirectX problem.

Welp, I tested multiple times, and concluded that it wasn't that Feature that was causing it,rather it was a missing .dll: C:\Windows\SysWOW\inseng.dll 

and a missing registry key:
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{6E449686-C509-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}"
(there was a value inside here called "Microsoft Active Setup Engine")

I used this tool called Procmon to monitor events as I went on with the DirectX Web Setup, and a couple events popped up "File not Found" and I navigated to the locations

I tested the DirectX with and without those missing items (I grabbed them from a working ISO) and it worked with them

I'm just now discovering this, so not sure if these 2 are the only culprits

btw, I really want winterstorm2050 to take a look at these missing files/keys, and keep them in the ISO despite what the user chooses to remove

Heres my WCCF settings:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Events:

Last note: I tested removing these from an original ISO (DirectX works on original), and it broke the DirectX setup, but adding them to a winreduced ISO (DirectX doesn't work on this) didn't fix it, maybe there's more missing items, those 2 weren't the only ones that showed "NAME NOT FOUND" but they did stand out...

Final Edit:
After 4 days, I figured it out, the error was still popping up and I looked through the Events and found 1 more missing .dll and put it in the winreduced ISO and the DirectX Web Setup worked so heres all the missing files required for the DirectX Web Setup to function:

C:\Windows\SysWOW\inseng.dll

"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{6E449686-C509-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}"

C:\Windows\SysWOW\IEAdvpack.dll (last one I was looking for)

winterstorm2050, plz make Winreducer never delete these files/keys, for now Ill just have to add the files to Temp_Windows before hitting "Create ISO" and Ill have to use Registry Integrator for the reg

How I fixed it: I find any "NAME NOT FOUND" event (Procmon) on a winreduced ISO then I remove that missing file from an original working windows 10 ISO, and if it replicates the same error then I add that missing file to the winreduced ISO and hope it works, if not I continue to look through the "NAME NOT FOUND" and repeat the process til the bugged program works

+ When I find the solution to the Discord "Corrupted" error Ill post it as a separate comment

Thanks Very Happy

more_horiz
I just made a discovery, so, on an original Windows 10 OS I went to the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and searched .dll, waited for all the results to finish, then I copied all 3,000 dlls, and pasted them in the winreduced ISO (Discord "Corrupt") launched discord, and the the "Discord installation is corrupt" notification was gone.

Im gonna go look into this more, and when I find out which .dlls specifically are causing this, Ill update this reply

Edit:
There we go!

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\qwave.dll was the cause of "Discord installation is corrupt"

Note: there were a couple more .dll's that Discord was requesting access to that weren't there, but qwave.dll seems to be the main one, since the "corruption" notification is gone, but if your curious what the others were:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\pnrpnsp.dll
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wshbth.dll

hope this helps anyone with the same problem Very Happy

more_horiz
PolisP 
You're a life savior. qwave.dll was indeed missing.
I was using Dependency Walker trying to identify Discord's problems with zero success. This went on for like 3 years now.

more_horiz
dim wrote:
PolisP 
You're a life savior. qwave.dll was indeed missing.
I was using Dependency Walker trying to identify Discord's problems with zero success. This went on for like 3 years now.

np man, Im glad it helped, these discoveries sure helped me, I can now continue working on ISO optimizations now Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm,

can you please add those mentioned files and key above to the protection of important files?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
@Markus: Yes, so I marked this as [UNDER INVESTIGATION] !

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:
Hi

Do not remove  in

- Features
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)

- Drivers 
   -  Modem (All) --
   - Support - Modem

-  Multimedia
  - DirectX (Direct Music)
  - Gracenote (GNSDK) 

- Network  
  - Distributed File System (DFS) 

- Privacy 
  -  Microphone Let apps use my microphone

- Services
   - Network Connectivity Assistant Service  
   - SNMP Trap Service

Let me know if it works  icy

it didnt works  Sad

more_horiz
My problem is fixed by making changes to the registry editor.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum