The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm,

could you add a tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates? The principle is explained here: https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/06/29/windows-10-registry-trick-to-block-feature-updates/

For Win10 2004 the regtweak would be:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate]
"TargetReleaseVersion"=dword:00000001
"TargetReleaseVersionInfo"="2004"

But winreducer should detect the version of the loaded ISO and adjust the entry accordingly.

This would help a lot, because the automatic feature updates are the main reason not to use windows update.

description[IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates

more_horiz
ADDED in v2.9.8.1 [VIP] and v2.9.9.0 [ALL] !

Hello Hanyo Smile

Thanks for the idea !

description[IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates

more_horiz
Hi winterstorm,

I tried v2.9.9.0 with Winx6420H2 and activated the tweak, but I can't find the regestry entry. It looks like the teak only works up to the 2004 version.
[IMPLEMENTED] Tweak to block Windows 10 feature updates Reg10

more_horiz
But also in Win20H1 I do not find the regestry entry and a feature update is presented. The Tweak doesn't work.

The reason seems to be that the change isn't stored in the wccf.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum