The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Windows Update Issue Empty[ANSWERED] Windows Update Issue

more_horiz
I had a nice image built up and installed it on my desktop and had a bit of an issue after I ran a Windows Update.  The update seemed to run fine but after reboot logon too 15+ minutes.  So I decided to reboot again and it was the same.  Is there a list of updates which could cause issues with the custom image process or do you think I just for unlucky?

description[ANSWERED] Windows Update Issue EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows Update Issue

more_horiz
Same issue for me, you cant solve it by uninstalling your updates I tried them all one by one.

This has happened to me now 2 months on the run with new .isos each time made by Winreducer.

In Nov I made upto date .iso with Winreducer .99 and Decembers Windows updates caused black screen on reboot.

In Dec I made upto date .iso with Winreducer RC1 and January's Windows updates caused black screen on reboot.

description[ANSWERED] Windows Update Issue EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Windows Update Issue

more_horiz
For a quick fix just disable app readiness service and reboot, all will be fine then.

Its removing ModernUI stuff with WinReducer that breaks updates.

If i remove all apps with another program its all fine

more_horiz
Ah ok thanks for this info.

Yes I do remove some ModernUI apps with Winreducer (all except store and immersive control panel).

Can I ask what program you use to remove your ModernUI now?

more_horiz
Yep i use MSMG Toolkit

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/50572-MSMG-ToolKit-for-Windows-8-1-Windows-Server-2012-R2-v1-04

more_horiz
I also confirmed that disabling "app readiness" service will fix this.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum