The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019)

+46
freepass
fredo
kevinnash026
Hanyo
Dusktilldawn
AeonX
hauser.markus
EdwardP
modjo
nekro666
WaïRa
ruby2hora
ElChoclo
Hen Ry
Mesen
janandababu
animeware
carlese
Caddict
Geekster
expanium
Patozan
theKramer
dedelamalice
jeffery8341
KrX
b33t
drew24
Mr.T
greenworld
sincere74
zesh_ii
myclodel
muharremerd
ivan dario
amin20
Jpm
Y314K
kiai
caphp
videobruce
aymanalz
hclarkjr
dave999
spidernz
winterstorm2050
50 posters

descriptionWinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019) EmptyWinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019)

more_horiz
Hello,

You will find in this thread all the news concerning the entire "WinReducer Project" !

So, all news about the Project, the website, the forum or the Facebook fan page will be available here ... Very Happy

[color=#FF0000]WinReducer Project Schedule for 2019 : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have a good day !

descriptionWinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019) EmptyRe: WinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019)

more_horiz
have you thought about merging them all together and having the os detection to specify what can and can't be done.

So like if the person is working on a win7 image, win8 & 8.1 features disable and then if the are working on win 8.1 then win7/8 features disable.
Since dism 8.1 can be gotten from getwaiktools you make all commands run via that dsim.

of course it still means a lot of work for removing stuff but integrating it into an all in one tool would be better.

descriptionWinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019) EmptyRe: WinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019)

more_horiz
As i know using dism from windows 8.1 for windows 7 is Not so Good, because mounting and removing and so takes much longer

Thats why in Wintoolikit as default windows 7 or 8 dism is used

more_horiz
ah ok, well just like in wtk, you can also specify the dism you want to use in options menu

more_horiz
news over net that microsoft  will release windows 8.1 update 1 in April there so i think u should add  new thing that time but above schedule  no place for this ...

more_horiz
congratulations winterstorm for releasing final version!!! you rank up there with nuhi of nlite fame now.

more_horiz
@dave999 : Yes, that's right. What I understand, this will be deployed by Windows Update, as a normal Updates. So, if it will really need a WinReducer Update, I will create an intermediate build for it ... Wink 

@hclarkjr :Thank you my friend ... Very Happy ... And it's not finished, there will be many new WinReducer builds to come in the future ...   Wink

more_horiz
Hey guys,

I will release an intermediate WinReducer 8.1 - v1.01 build at the end of the week ...  Very Happy 

Have a nice day !

more_horiz
Winter,
Any idea when you will release v1.0.2, hopefully with the user pic issue rectified?

more_horiz
Hello,

For the moment no, but near the end of February.

Wink

more_horiz
Anyway can this be used on Win 7??

more_horiz
You have to use WinReducer 7 for Windows 7.

more_horiz
Hello to all,

Just a small update to tell that on 1st June I will release the WinReducer 8.1 - v1.1 followed by v1.5 at the end of June. This latest build will have a code freeze to ensure solving many of the common bugs.
I will also release a translation zip package with a final status directly on the website where everyone interested will find the package to translate WinReducer !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I want to inform you that I'm also working on a new website with new functionalities especially donations and a better interface.

And there will be many surprises in the future !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Hello,

I will release a new build v1.11 on Sunday 22 June 2014 !

Best Regards.

EDIT : As well as the 1st beta for WinReducer 7.0 (v2.99.6.0) and a totally new website !

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just 2 important information :

1) WinReducer Software : I've reworked entirely the 1st installation procedure and this time it will be really much much easier, here is the new automatic procedure :

a - During 1st launch, all steps are the same, except when you click on the name of the external software, it will execute step b and c describes below.
b - WinReducer downloads all necessary executable files form all author website on your computer in a folder (aka HOME -> SOFTWARE -> Sources).
c - WinReducer extracts all necessary files, using executable files present in the sources folder, in the good folder. Then it automatically activates all Software

==> So now, you just have to do : Hit each name of software to correctly configure WinReducer ! Easy, isn't it ?

2) WinReducer Website : I show you a screenshot of the new website :

WinReducer Project - Information (2012 to 2019) Websit10

Hope you enjoy my friends !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

EDIT : Everything will be available : 22 June 2014 !

more_horiz
Looking slick Winter!

more_horiz
looks good,thank you for your great work :-)

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Just to inform you about new projects under development :

1) "WinReducer Wlan Profile Backup" : Available soon ! (an excellent complement to WinReducer 8.1)

2) "WinReducerOS" : Available soon ! (new information will come)

3) The "Translator Language Package" will reach the Final step really soon, and will be available directly on the website.
And for each translation language package release on the website, the translator will become a Forum LIFETIME VIP member !  Wink 

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Great to be in the loop of what we can expect next...  Was wondering if WinReducerOS would be a way to be able to mod ISO's from different version on a different machine.  Like being able to mod W8.1 on a W7 machine and so..  Or am I way off...  Very Happy 

Can't wait to find out...  Thanks again for all the great work..  cheers

more_horiz
i tested the WinReducer Wlan Profile Backup and it works nice.

but why didnt you add it and the wim converter to winreducer -> Start -> Tools ? i think it would be better as all in one.

i also hope that wlan profile backup will also be available to winreducer 7 (the tool itself if you chose to add it, and also the option at unattanded)

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@Y314K : Sorry this is not this, but I could help you a little bit more : read it as "WinReducer OS" !  Wink 

@KrX : 1 - Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate !  Very Happy
2 - I thought about integrating all new external tools in WinReducer 8.1 but as I will freeze his code sooner so to fix bugs (for new tools) it should be much easier like this for me. And another reason is that I don't want to add functions which are not Windows Reducing components : WinReducer x.x needs to stay reducing software and not become a Windows Toolbox !
3 - For WinReducer 7.0 could you please add a requests, thank you ...  Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

@Y314K : Sorry this is not this, but I could help you a little bit more : read it as "WinReducer OS" !  Wink 

@KrX : 1 - Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate !  Very Happy
2 - I thought about integrating all new external tools in WinReducer 8.1 but as I will freeze his code sooner so to fix bugs (for new tools) it should be much easier like this for me. And another reason is that I don't want to add functions which are not Windows Reducing components : WinReducer x.x needs to stay reducing software and not become a Windows Toolbox !
3 - For WinReducer 7.0 could you please add a requests, thank you ...  Wink

Humn...  Exclamation What I get from this hint is maybe a "WinReducer OS" where we can load a Virtual Machine onto to run any OS ???  affraid

I've always wonder why a VM would be depended on a OS to be able to run OS's...

more_horiz
Hello,

Just to keep you all in touch about what is coming next ....

1) I will restart working on WinReducer 7.0 to solve bugs and add some requested settings, and I hope to release a RC build soon !

2) About WinReducerOS : and if I tell you that Linux has KDE or Gnome ... and Windows 8.1 will have WinReducerOS ...  Wink So, yes the project is to replace (and remove !) Modern UI by WinReducerOS ! Like all WinReducer Software, WinReducerOS will be free !

And I will open, during next week, a new thread to start working on this new project with all interested people ... I hope many people are interested because this could be an interested project to create our Windows Graphical User Interface vision, so all hands are welcome !

more_horiz
im happy about Nr1.

but you wrote in another thread (win8.1) that with the new version win8.1 is much faster and lighter, so i will give windows 8.1 another try Razz

and because of that i really excited about WinReducerOS and i would love to help with that Smile

more_horiz
wow i am glad to hear about this. :-)

more_horiz
Yes, and the WinReducerOS forum is opened with a surprise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
Hello,

Just to inform you that starting from today :

- All WinReducer Software have their own development branches activated. So, each software development will be totally independent from others branches !

As a consequences of that :

- WinReducer 7.0 : Only Requests and Bugs, available in according WinReducer 7.0 forum, will be used to improve it.

- WinReducer 8.0 : Code freeze status = so no new components will be added. Only major bugs will be fix ! This decision is motivated by the result of the forum poll : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... In which Windows 8.0 has 0 vote !

- WinReducer 8.1 : I will continue the development by adding new components, and by using the WinReducer 8.1 Requests and Bugs forums to improve it !

- WinReducer 9.0 : Development will start at the end of September 2014, to be ready for the RTM in 2015 !

- WinReducerOS : Work in Progress : Pre-Alpha status ! Don't hesitate to add your comments or ideas in the dedicated forum threads. All your ideas will be greatly appreciated !

- WinReducer Wim Converter : Code freeze status ! Only major bugs will be fix !

- WinReducer Wlan Profile Backup and Restore : Code freeze status ! Only major bugs will be fix !

As you could see, there are 7 projects in development, which took me a lot of my time to create them, but this will always be a real pleasure to discuss with all of you about your ideas or bugs ! The WinReducer Project has been created to share our passion of the reducing and customization of Windows Operating Systems and for this I'm really proud to be a part of this.
And by extension, the most important is our passion in the great respect of other users, and it's completely independent of our countries, our religions, our races or languages !
So, I'm really proud to tell you that : the WinReducer Project exists only because of our diversity so I want to thank, all of you, for what you bring to the WinReducer Project !

Have a nice day !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Slight comment
as the question was which version do you like then for me as other the answer was 8.1 but I really like to have 8.0 working as I have a licence 8.0 that I upgrade to 8.1

Continue your awsome work

more_horiz
Just another information about the translator package, I will finish working on it, at the end of the week, so it will be available next week.

You will find all language files for all winreducer software in one unique package available on the website !

Regards.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum