The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionOFFICIAL WinReducer Software Tutorials EmptyOFFICIAL WinReducer Software Tutorials

more_horiz
Hello guys,

* Instructions for the WinReducer Software you'll plan to use :

- WinReducer ES-Series & EX-Series - Activation --> http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-software-activation.html

- WinReducer ES-Series & EX-Series - Installation --> http://www.winreducer.net/winreducer-software-installation.html

* Official Tutorials Database :

- Add a language file manually --> http://www.winreducer.net/add-a-language-file-manually.html

- Create a WinReducer Theme for Windows --> http://www.winreducer.net/create-a-winreducer-theme-for-windows.html

- Create a bootable usb drive --> http://www.winreducer.net/create-a-bootable-usb-drive.html

descriptionOFFICIAL WinReducer Software Tutorials EmptyRe: OFFICIAL WinReducer Software Tutorials

more_horiz
Short beginners guide for first time users
(hope my english is good enough to understand)

Here is one way for beginners to work with winreducer, in order to reduce your iso size:

- first organize the official iso from Mircosoft in your language
( for example this one "Windows 8.1 with Update (multiple editions) (x64) - DVD (English)", Filename: "en_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4065090.iso", SHA1: 4652DC6EBFEBE02C6A63E167C36E3FAEDFB93999 )

- extract the *.iso maybe to "c:\w81-iso" DEPRECATED

- start winreducer and choose "Folder" - "c:\w81-iso" DEPRECATED

- Choose WinReducer "START - Folder", "START - ISO" or "START - DVD" to mount your Windows Edition

- mount your version

- do NOT load any presets you found, which might work on someone else's computer

- select "Presets" and set "Automatic Removing Process" and "Protect Important Files" to ON

- if there are other programs you want to use, like "MS Office", turn them ON

- do NOT select "Use EXPERT Optimizations"

- on your first try, only select "Remover" and remove the "Keyboards" and "Languages" you do not need 

- start building your first winreducer iso

- install the iso in a virtual machine ( maybe virtualbox or vmware )

- after a successful installation, install your software/your applications, that you are working with

- when all your programms work fine (!), start at the beginning, load your first preset and remove additional 1-2 other components, generate iso, install it ... and so on

=> This is the way, how you will find YOUR individual preset, that will be smaller than the original and which will work with you software

Of course ... this way is a long way to go, but if you like winreducer and like to find out, 
which component removal is best for YOU, you will have a lot of fun with this great tool !!!

If you only want to make one short installation ( quick & dirty ) and have no fun in installing virtual machines for testing something out, 
I would like to advise you to simple insert your Windows-DVD, install and work with it.

Administrator Edition : 21 June 2015 : Update this guide to avoid confusion with version prior than EX-Series !

descriptionOFFICIAL WinReducer Software Tutorials EmptyRe: OFFICIAL WinReducer Software Tutorials

more_horiz
Perfect !

I've added a link in the website to your post ... Wink

more_horiz
what meant by "turn ON/OFF MS OFFICE"??
if we make it OFF, we are able to install MS OFFICE after installing Windows? or what?

more_horiz
Hello,

ON/OFF "Presets - Protect MS Office" : mean that if you activate this protect preset (="ON"), you will protect all necessary files or components necessary to correctly install MS Office on your computer ... Wink ... Anf the same for all other protect presets in the same tab ! Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys,

I've updated the 1st post with all new Official tutorial available .... including the new "Create a WinReducer Theme for Windows" ... Wink

Have a good day my friends !

more_horiz
thanks, its best for beginners.

more_horiz
Hello,

ADDED A NEW TUTORIAL :
- Add a language file manually --> http://www.winreducer.net/add-a-language-file-manually.html

more_horiz
Hello,

ADDED A NEW TUTORIAL :
- Add a language file manually --> http://www.winreducer.net/create-a-bootable-usb-drive.html

more_horiz
1. The 1st three links in the OP are dead.
2. The 2nd post, the third step is wrong. There is no open folder available at that stage using the current version of EX70.
3. On the configuration page, if those five option switches are off, it doesn't load any of them. After you enable those five switches under options (which is NOT stated in the web page, they are shown in the off state) , the process hangs stating "Process in Progress...ImageX and oscdimg"
4. Are you suppose to manually add the ISO file in the ISO folder? 
5. How about the "Mount" folder? Is that where a unpacked O/S goes?
6. Do you use one or the other?

All those details are not to be found and should not be assumed to be known.

more_horiz
Closing the program after 7 minutes with no progress and re-opening it back up, the first three add-ons show installed. Re-staring the downloads, it did complete.

Adding to the above list;
7. If you already have those programs saved elsewhere, can they be manually added in the WinReducer folder where they are now added?

more_horiz
videobruce wrote:
1. The 1st three links in the OP are dead.
2. The 2nd post, the third step is wrong. There is no open folder available at that stage using the current version of EX70.
3. On the configuration page, if those five option switches are off, it doesn't load any of them. After you enable those five switches under options (which is NOT stated in the web page, they are shown in the off state) , the process hangs stating "Process in Progress...ImageX and oscdimg"
4. Are you suppose to manually add the ISO file in the ISO folder? 
5. How about the "Mount" folder? Is that where a unpacked O/S goes?
6. Do you use one or the other?

All those details are not to be found and should not be assumed to be known.

3. it works for me, i tried it some times and never got this problem. but i think i read that someone got the same problem
4. no you dont need to add it to this folder. when you use "save in iso file" at winreducer the iso will be saved to this folder. to use an already existing iso file, just start winreducer go to START and select ISO. this way you can chose it from anywhere
5. yes when you click on MOUNT at winreducer the .wim file will be mounted to the mount folder.
6. what do you mean?

videobruce wrote:
After closing the program after 7 minutes on no progress and re-opening it back up, the first three add-ons show installed. Re-staring the downloads, it did complete.

Adding to the above list;
7. If you already have those programs saved elsewhere, can they be manually added in the WinReducer folder where they are now added?

yes if you got already all files you could copy them to the software folder. after starting winreducer you will only get to the configuration window if some software is still missing

more_horiz
3. It seems as if the source (website) was either busy, not found or something else happened. The program should automatically time out instead of just sitting there with no visual indication what is or isn't happening. I see this problem with many programs when there is a delay in the process, but no dialog box pops up informing the users what's what.

6. Can't you use a unpacked version of the O/S (folders etc.) to save time, instead of the program unpacking a ISO file? RT7 Lite allowed both; using a iso file or the unpacked, separate folders as found on a install DVD.

During System/Post Installation/OEM, this 'OEM' folder, if you are not adding anything (drivers, software etc.) do you still have to "prepare" one? Is this where the final product winds up?

more_horiz
Hello,

Thank you for your reports.

3. I will have a look on this as soon as I could.

6. If you have a better look when you click on "Launcher - HOME" button then you will see many icons below the "HOME" icons I just mention.In fact, these icons let you the choice to :
- Icon number 1 : Open a folder (already extracted ISO anywhere in your hard drive)
- Icon number 2 :Extract automatically an ISO in the "WORK\EXTRACT" folder, and use it as source
- Icon number 3 :Select a CD-Rom or a DVD-Rom to copy the entire content of the CD or DVD in the "WORK\EXTRACT" on your HDD

The System/Post Installation/OEM folder is only one of the multiple methods used to install your drivers/software after, or during windows installation ... like OOBE, or unattended .... if you don't use it, it's of course better to do not activate it.

Have a good day !

more_horiz
I've updated links in the 1st post, thank you for the report !

more_horiz
"- first organize the official iso from Mircosoft in your language"

"Organize"?? Organize what?  Question

"extract the *.iso maybe to "c:\w81-iso" 

Shouldn't that say 'copy', not 'extract'? The extraction is when you hit 'mount' isn't it?   Fixed!  Very Happy

more_horiz
I've edited the caphp post (2nd post of this thread) in order to avoid confusion with new EX-Series.

So, to answer you, and to be simpler, if you do not have to extract by yourself the content in your ISO because WinReducer EX-Series is capable to do it automatically for you by using the button "HOME - ISO" button ... Wink

videobruce wrote:
"- first organize the official iso from Mircosoft in your language"

"Organize"?? Organize what? Question

He just want to say download.

more_horiz
You fixed it quicker than I could get the quote function to work. Thanks.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum