The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[IMPLEMENTED] Support for Update ISOs Empty[IMPLEMENTED] Support for Update ISOs

more_horiz
I have two Win 8.1 DVD's.  Both allow full (fresh) install, or update install.

Winreducer fails with a message saying update ISO not supported.  Why?

When will winreducer support my ISOs?

Never had any problems with RT7 or nLite.

description[IMPLEMENTED] Support for Update ISOs EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Support for Update ISOs

more_horiz
I'm using windows 8.1 pro retail and winreducer works absolutely fine

1)Are you using actual dvd disks or just iso's on your hard drive?

description[IMPLEMENTED] Support for Update ISOs EmptyRe: [IMPLEMENTED] Support for Update ISOs

more_horiz
@allmankind: Because it detects an incompatible file named "install.esd" (needed only for upgrade) ... But as you mentioned that your ISO should allow also full install, are you sure about that ?
So if yes, could you please tell me if in your "sources" folder (in your Windows 8.1 DVD or ISO) you have a file called "install.esd" and/or "install.wim" ? And which size are they ? Thanks.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
@allmankind: Because it detects an incompatible file named "install.esd" (needed only for upgrade) ... But as you mentioned that your ISO should allow also full install, are you sure about that ?
So if yes, could you please tell me if in your "sources" folder (in your Windows 8.1 DVD or ISO) you have a file called "install.esd" and/or "install.wim" ? And which size are they ? Thanks.

I use an ISO file of 8.1.  And yes, the ISO allows a full install, as that is what I do onto a clean HD (and have done from this ISO).   And it comes up of as a menu choice... Full Install or Upgrade Install (although not sure why upgrade would appear when I am installing onto a clean HD).   I just want to get rid of a lot of the M$ bloat and tweak some registry settings.

I'll have to get back to you on the size of the install.esd/install.wim the next time I try a winreducer run.

more_horiz
Ok, I looked in the Source folder and find only Install.esd with a size of 2991463K.

Hope that helps.

more_horiz
As winterstorm already mentioned, the install.esd belongs to a upgrade of windows. There are many links on google how to convert a install.esd to a install.wim.
Maybe the can help you.

more_horiz
Or you could use the tutorial made by theKramer in this thread : Easier method to reduce your personalised Windows 7/8/8.1 installation (without Sysprep)

more_horiz
using an update iso should be able if you convert the .esd files to .wim

winterstorm2050 wrote:
take care because "WinReducer Wim Converter" DO NOT support encrypted esd file ! I remember all users that "WinReducer Wim Converter" is a "Converter" and not a "Decrypter" ... I'm thinking about creating a small tool named "WinReducer ESD Decrypter" ... Wink

so with WinReducer Wim Converter you should convert it.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum