The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server??? Empty[SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server???

more_horiz
How do I get updates if Server offline?

Regards.

description[SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server??? EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server???

more_horiz
Hello,

All Windows Updates are downloaded directly from MS server, so I encouraged you to wait a little, because I also experienced some troubles today to download all Windows Updates !

description[SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server??? EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server???

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

All Windows Updates are downloaded directly from MS server, so I encouraged you to wait a little, because I also experienced some troubles today to download all Windows Updates !

Still the same problem, with Winreducer 8.117...I even have the Windows Firewall for Windows 8.1 Pro set to pass Public or Private.
OS: Win 8.1 Pro in VMWARE Player 10, HOST: Win7 x64, 16 GB.

Thanks, dbwr7

more_horiz
Hello,

Are you using a DNS server ? If yes, this should help, even if it's for Windows 7 :
https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t724-add-option-for-opendns#6603

Concerning the updates connection, it worked for me ! So it should be a problem on your side.

Please, let me know ... Smile

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

description[SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server??? EmptyCan't get updates for Winreducer 8.1

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

winterstorm2050:

I don't use a DNS Server. My DNS IP is done automatically. I am using WinReducer 8.1.17

Thanks, dbwr7

more_horiz
Hello,

Do you still have this trouble otherwise, your thread will be marked as "Solved" !

description[SOLVED] Can't connect to updates server??? EmptyCan't get updates for Winreducer 8.1 - UPDATE

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Do you still have this trouble otherwise, your thread will be marked as "Solved" !

YES. I get error 0x80070035 Network path not found.

FYI:
Guest OS: Win8.1 Pro
Host OS: Win 7 x64
WinFW: reset
VM Player 6

At a loss to understand why it doesn't work to go through as normal.
Same workgroup, File sharing on, Password file off.
??
Don

more_horiz
Hello,

OK, maybe :

- you forgot to ckeck "Presets - Protect VMware Player and Workstation" ?

- Did you remove "Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center" and "Control Panel - Network and Sharing Center (Files)"?

- Have you tried using WinReducer 8.1 Extreme preset (in the dedicated forum) just for test (without modifying anything) ? This one is working for me in VMware without troubles ! Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum