The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionVerify what apps you run need .NET Framework EmptyVerify what apps you run need .NET Framework

more_horiz
Hi all.
Before you remove .NET Framework, run the following command to see what applications that are running currently on your windows installation need .NET Framework to function properly.

Code:

tasklist /fi "modules eq mscoree.dll"

Taken from here.

@winter: can you sticky this thread. I think it will help a lot of people

descriptionVerify what apps you run need .NET Framework EmptyRe: Verify what apps you run need .NET Framework

more_horiz
hi,

i tested it only on my win7 right after starting the machine. It shows only PresentationFontCache

so it seems i need to start ALL programs i use and try that command again to see what programs need NetFramework right?

descriptionVerify what apps you run need .NET Framework EmptyRe: Verify what apps you run need .NET Framework

more_horiz
Hi KrX.
I just verified that you need to have the app running. I disabled SnagIt and now it does not detect it, so you are correct, the app needs to be running to verify.

That makes sense I suppose. You don't want an app accessing NET Framework when its not running.

Also, since Im at work, I have only verified on Windows 7. No idea for 8/8.1..

more_horiz
Hello theKramer,

Very interesting information, which could help some people, so I sticky it, as you requested.

Thank you very much !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum