The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

LOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas)

+5
Code
drew24
livingsilver94
Y314K
winterstorm2050
9 posters

descriptionLOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas) EmptyLOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas)

more_horiz
Hello guys,

This is the first step :

==> WinReducerOS --> LOGIN SCREEN

So could you please add your ideas (or screenshots) to see what functionalities are interesting to see in a modern, "themeable" and innovative login screen !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

descriptionLOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas) EmptyRe: LOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas)

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello guys,

This is the first step :

==> WinReducerOS --> LOGIN SCREEN

So could you please add your ideas (or screenshots) to see what functionalities are interesting to see in a modern, "themeable" and innovative login screen !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

I don't normally use a the LogIn screen most of the time, even with multiple user laptops.  I just log into the default one and change from there if needed. So it took me a while to come up with some ideas for it.

I would like to control at the very least Wifi On/Off feature or maybe all Wifi features.

I also do like to have access to clock/weather information on most screens.  So having that would be great too.

Also being able to stop from auto-starting programs for a loggin before loggin in would be great.  And being able to start others would be good too.  Like being able to choose to start or stop a VPN program or a torrents program before loggin in.  Will keep coming with ideas but might have to turn my loggin stuff back on to get a better feel for what's missing.

descriptionLOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas) EmptyRe: LOGIN SCREEN (Functionnalities Ideas)

more_horiz
Hey,

These are great ideas, and I really like the latest one (being able to stop or start some software before login).

And maybe this could use some kind of profiles to login, depending on what we want to do in the current session ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hey,

These are great ideas, and I really like the latest one (being able to stop or start some software before login).

And maybe this could use some kind of profiles to login, depending on what we want to do in the current session ?

Yeap, sounds like u'r on it.  Will see if I can come up with anything else.  I do remember a HP Laptop that even before trying to boot into windows it would have a screen that could even let u check email and do quick browsing.  That is great for some quick PC access.

Here is the info from it:  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe we can get some ideas from that too...

more_horiz
I'm not a creative person, I don't have many ideas, but I often reboot for testing purposes (overclocking, driver installation...) and I'd like to have a button for every action like: reboot, power off, suspend. Current button triggers a menu that shows these options. But hell, there's a lot of space to use! Very Happy

more_horiz
winreducer 10  lets me change all the wallpaer lockscreen ..ect   and also the images..dll files and so on....really WINREDUCER ia a AWESOME tool to have tanks winter for all ur hard work  my friend Very Happy Cool Wink Wink

more_horiz
drew24 wrote:
winreducer 10  lets me change all the wallpaer lockscreen ..ect   and also the images..dll files and so on....really WINREDUCER ia a AWESOME tool to have tanks winter for all ur hard work  my friend Very Happy Cool Wink Wink

It sure is a lot better than most or all other tools out there.
Even though I've been out of the loop for some time I still think most need you to download the windows installation software, I can't remember what it's true name was, as it's been so long.

Even today I hear the other programs I'll NOT name still have many issues when trying to make a slimed down ISO file.

So we are in-fact lucky to have such a tool at our disposal .. Thanks Winter Laughing

more_horiz
You are much welcome ...

cheers

And I could assure you that I have many many other projects in mind to realize with all of you !

more_horiz
Hi winter.
I was thinking about this. Maybe you could configure it like a lockscreen for a mobile phone.
For example, I use a lockscreen replacement widget for my android smartphone called DashClock. If you search for that in Google Play, you could see the range of wdigets that can be added to that, so then users could configure what widgets they want to add to the Login screen.
For example, what could be useful is Weather, Facebook updates, of course Winreducer forum updates Smile, calendar appointments, mail received, etc...

I think the ideas are very closely aligned...

more_horiz
I'd suggest to keep it clean since most people who are installing WinReducer want to "reduce" things to the minimum.

Regards

more_horiz
is this still in progress??

more_horiz
Hello guys,

@Ein : Thank you very much for sharing your idea.

@CreativiTea : Yes, please read this post about this subject : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
I think your best bet to customizing the logon ui would be to implement a custom credential provider

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/mt158211.aspx

That way you can have the most flexibility in designing the logon interface which otherwise would be extremely limited.

more_horiz
Hello,

Interesting idea ... I will have a look at this Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum