The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

+25
scottallthefriends
drew24
zesh_ii
home7ech
Kriskriston
lolkaa
YubiGalaxy
renodos500
mido26683
brittech
BrianValentine
phox13
Y314K
DarkeRetribution
billybully
caphp
Mr.T
theKramer
aymanalz
drakulaboy
amin20
Jpm
livingsilver94
KrX
winterstorm2050
29 posters

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.18 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

descriptionWinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x - Page 4 EmptyRe: WinReducer 8.1 - v2.x.x.x

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.19 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050

more_horiz
@lolkaa

Here is one way to work with winreducer, to reduce your iso size:

- first organize the official iso from Mircosoft in your language
( might be this one "ru_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4048362.iso" SHA1: 2C03F6C65F59D0E8C91C5DA7C0C146D161B17F1A )

- do NOT load any presets you found, which might work on someone else's computer

- do NOT select EXPERT Cleanup's

- select "Automatic Removing Process" and "Protect Important Files" and all other Protections you might want to use

- on your first try, only select the "Keyboards" and "Languages" you do not need and maybe "Natural Languages"

- start building your first winreducer iso

- install the iso in a virtual machine ( maybe virtualbox or vmware )

- after a successful installation, install your software/your applications, witch you are working with

- when all your programms work fine, start at the beginning, load your first preset and remove additional 1-2 other components, generate iso, install it ... and so on

=> this is the way, how you will find YOUR individual preset, that will be smaller than the original and which will work with you software

Your way looks like this:

- download a extrem preset
- remove so much that iso size is < 1 GB
- spam 10 posts a day to tell us, whats not working on a system, only you know

more_horiz
@caphp : Could you please add your excellent method, in a post in this thread :
https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t534-setup-winreducer-81-80-and-70-for-first-use#4740

This is a perfect method for beginners to understand how to do with a good result !

Thank you very much my friend ! Very Happy

more_horiz
@winterstorm2050

No problem, I will do so this evening.

more_horiz
caphp wrote:
@lolkaa

Here is one way to work with winreducer, to reduce your iso size:

- first organize the official iso from Mircosoft in your language
( might be this one "ru_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4048362.iso" SHA1: 2C03F6C65F59D0E8C91C5DA7C0C146D161B17F1A )

- do NOT load any presets you found, which might work on someone else's computer

- do NOT select EXPERT Cleanup's

- select "Automatic Removing Process" and "Protect Important Files" and all other Protections you might want to use

- on your first try, only select the "Keyboards" and "Languages" you do not need and maybe "Natural Languages"

- start building your first winreducer iso

- install the iso in a virtual machine ( maybe virtualbox or vmware )

- after a successful installation, install your software/your applications, witch you are working with

- when all your programms work fine, start at the beginning, load your first preset and remove additional 1-2 other components, generate iso, install it ... and so on

=> this is the way, how you will find YOUR individual preset, that will be smaller than the original and which will work with you software

Your way looks like this:

- download a extrem preset
- remove so much that iso size is < 1 GB
- spam 10 posts a day to tell us, whats not working on a system, only you know

Adding to this, I would say that a first time user can also safely remove all the printer and scanner drivers that s/he does not need. Most people use only one printer or scanner at most.

The metro apps may also be safe to remove on first use, if they are sure they will not use those.

more_horiz
Yes, you are right.
I only want to show, which way is the best to find a fully functional personal preset.
The other way, to remove more than 500 components and still wondering, why there some error messages, might not be the best way...

more_horiz
hello
I used Winreducer 1.19 on windows 8.1 with update 1 X64. I noticed that the option "optimize ISO size"  is not activated in the (presets) tab. I did not choose the "use expert optimizations" tab.
I also noticed that my ISO size is not reduced as usual, so i looked on my ISO folders and files and i found that the unneeded files are still there. nothing was removed.
thanks for your great work m winterstorm

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.20 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Please,,,,,you add support for Windows XP Professional SP3 running----
because I want make my Windows 8.1 on my Windows XP SP3, you include in next version, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Very Happy Smile

more_horiz
CLEANUP TOPIC !

Hello guys,

I open a dedicated sticky discussion in the "WinReducer 8.1 HELP" forum, so please use this thread if you are a beginner :
https://winreducer.forumotion.com/t820-beginners-discussion#6561

renodos500 wrote:
Please,,,,,you add support for Windows XP Professional SP3 running----
because I want make my Windows 8.1 on my Windows XP SP3, you include in next version, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surprised Surprised Surprised Very Happy Smile

Sorry, to announce a bad news for you : but I will not bring support for XP to WinReducer ... But you could try to use Virtualbox (this is not so difficult that you think)  to install your virtual windows edition (7, 8 or 8.1) to allow you to use WinReducer Software !

more_horiz
mido26683 wrote:
hello
I used Winreducer 1.19 on windows 8.1 with update 1 X64. I noticed that the option "optimize ISO size"  is not activated in the (presets) tab. I did not choose the "use expert optimizations" tab.
I also noticed that my ISO size is not reduced as usual, so i looked on my ISO folders and files and i found that the unneeded files are still there. nothing was removed.
thanks for your great work m winterstorm

i again confirm the same issues with 1.20

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you tried to activate the "Automatic Removing Process" ? Because this is a part of it ... Wink

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Have you tried to activate the "Automatic Removing Process" ? Because this is a part of it ... Wink

i activated!
i can send my file for removals and options?

more_horiz
Hello mido,

Thank you for your feedback my friend !

Could you please open a thread in the "BUGS" forum ... Wink

more_horiz
I confirm that v1.21 will be available in few hours ... today ! Smile

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I confirm that v1.21 will be available in few hours ... today ! Smile

Good news

more_horiz
Hello guys,

WinReducer 8.1 - v1.21 has been released !

CHANGELOG :

more_horiz
Hi folks ... Please tell me now automatically protected wordpad, paint and OptionalFeatures?

more_horiz
Thank you very much for your work Winterstorm2050

more_horiz
Just great - thanks

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello mido,

Thank you for your feedback my friend !

Could you please open a thread in the "BUGS" forum ... Wink

No need , winterstorm Smile
problem is fixed in the 1.21 version
thanks for your hard effort Smile

more_horiz
@lolkaa and mido26683 : Thank you very much guys !

more_horiz
Hello,

amin 20 wrote:
Expert winsxs clean up problem for me solved===>I use new Iso with update 1 and my problem solved 

It is with a great interest which I took knowledge that amin 20 had solved the problem with  Expert winsxs clean up.

It used the update of Windows 8.1 32 bits, I hastened to confirm this statement with the last grinding of WinReducer 1.21, but in my case, the installation stops on a black screen with VMware player.

I will be very interested how you made a success of that, thank you in advance

Kris No

more_horiz
Hi

Windows 10 Technical Preview is coming soon

more_horiz
Hi everyone, formerly i would post this in "WinReducer 8.1 - v1.20 Forums", but "WinReducer 8.1 - v1.21 has been released, so i post this in WinReducer 8.1 - v1.21 Forums.

I've been testing WinReducer 8.1 - v1.20 for several times and fail to meet the expecting result.
I'm slightly disappointed with "WinReducer 8.1 - v1.20", (sorry that i say that), it never finished
the OPTiMiZATiONS --> EXPERT- Net Framework Complete Cleanup" when "applying" tab to pre-define 
"SPEED" and "WiM or iSO Configuration" settings. It also for OPTiMiZATiON  - Windows - Unneeded Files 
Cleanup" : Didn’t work properly. !!!
Screenshot :

Great job and thank for WinReducer 8.1 - v1.21, I've been testing it and meet the expecting result:

Bug Resolved:

• "Automatically clean "INTEGRATE - UPDATES - FRAMEWORK35".
  • "Optimizations - EXPERT - WinSXS Folder Cleanup" : UiRibbon, Paint work properly
  • "Optimizations - Net Framework Complete Cleanup" when "applying" tab to pre-define "SPEED" and "WiM or iSO Configuration" settings.
  • "Optimizations - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup"
  • "WiM or iSO size reduction Improvements"
  • Windows Registry "No Issues"(Scan with CCleaner)"
    Screenshot :

Known Bug:

• "Run as administrator' right-click menu items" is missing
  • "Accessories - Sticky Notes" : The instruction at 0x00da6d28 references memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read (Meta Data forr some the notes has been corrupt) 
    Screenshot 1 :
    Screenshot 2 :

• Remove - "Drivers - Support - Modem" : break "USB Modem Driver Installation".
    Screenshot :

• Remove - "Fonts - Boot Fonts" : break "Advanced Startup Setting
    Screenshot :

• Tweaks - "System - Disable User Account Control (UAC)" : is always windows default solved with Disable the Windows 8 UAC with a Registry Tweak:

Code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "EnableLUA"=dword:00000000

• Not Cleanup on EXiT
    View :

.. Full log here: http://tny.cz/ad0ffda8
 .. WRD8.1.v1.21 Optimizations Cleanup Presets : click here
 .. MyWinReducer 8.1 Presets : click here

i really appreciated for your hard works thanks again ...
hope that help !

more_horiz
Hello,

That's a wonderful feedback ! I really appreciate the quality of it ...

And I will solve the bugs in a new build soon ! Smile

EDIT : I've added these 2 information in the website "WinReducer 8.1 Database" ==> LINK
- "Remove - "Fonts - Boot Fonts" : break "Advanced Startup Setting"
- "Remove - Drivers - Support - Modem" : break "USB Modem Driver Installation"

more_horiz
first time i make a working iso like my wishes and than krx to help me thanx alot

more_horiz
zesh_ii wrote:
first time i make a working iso like my wishes and than krx to help me thanx alot

so it worked with your vpn ? thats great to hear Wink

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
zesh_ii wrote:

so it worked with your vpn ? thats great to hear Wink

yeah it wokrs dear thanx alot
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum