The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

Windows 10 Remove List

+6
aymanalz
winterstorm2050
ylx
zesh_ii
KrX
Torrentus
10 posters

descriptionWindows 10 Remove List - Page 2 EmptyRe: Windows 10 Remove List

more_horiz
Individual System Components and Programs ( Expert ) list updated:

RemoteApp and Desktop Connections, Speech Recognition, Storage Spaces, System Restore, Troubleshooting, TV Ratings

Still Remaining:

Windows Backup, Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program / Software Quality Management / Application Experience / Application Impact Telemetry, Windows CardSpace, Windows Defender, Windows Ease of Access, Windows Easy Transfer, Windows Fax and Scan, Windows Firewall, Windows Indexing, Windows Help and Support, Windows Live, Windows Media, Windows PowerShell, Windows Error Reporting, Windows Update, Word Breaker, Work Folders, Wsat

more_horiz
Added Natural Language Word Breaker right under Natural Language. Seems these files are new and big!

more_horiz

Windows Backup, Windows Boot Fonts, Windows Built-in Chinese (Simplified, Traditional), Korean & Japanese files,
Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program / Software Quality Management / Application Experience / Application Impact Telemetry

Still Remaining:

Windows CardSpace, Windows Defender, Windows Ease of Access, Windows Easy Transfer, Windows Fax and Scan, Windows Firewall, Windows Indexing, 
Windows Help and Support, Windows Live, Windows Media, Windows PowerShell, Windows Error Reporting, Windows Update, Word Breaker, Work Folders, Wsat

more_horiz
Guys I have updated Auto Check Utility Proxy with new files in the list. I have also marked all MS-Spyware with the ( Spyware ) tag in the list.

Removing MS-Spyware for privacy and security reasons is no brainer, but you will also of course increase your overall Windows performance!

more_horiz
Torrentus wrote:
Guys I have updated Auto Check Utility Proxy with new files in the list. I have also marked all MS-Spyware with the ( Spyware ) tag in the list.

Removing MS-Spyware for privacy and security reasons is no brainer, but you will also of course increase your overall Windows performance!

Nice !

more_horiz
I'm not sure if removing those apps would make our computers immune to spying. If MS wants to record all our keystrokes and data, they can easily do so without installing any spyware in the apps. They could put that code in the windows OS itself, and we would not be able to disable it.

But it is still a good idea to remove all those apps, from a performance POV.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
I'm not sure if removing those apps would make our computers immune to spying. If MS wants to record all our keystrokes and data, they can easily do so without installing any spyware in the apps. They could put that code in the windows OS itself, and we would not be able to disable it.

But it is still a good idea to remove all those apps, from a performance POV.

aymanalz, this is exactly what they have done. They have implemented their spyware in the system itself not just in the apps!! They are in the system components. 
If you want proof click HERE and look for all file paths. Do you see how connected they are with different system components and also those apps? You just need to look
for the file paths of each spyware I have tagged...

But you could be right about not being able to remove all, because I didn't test it. Maybe If we remove some files we won't be able to boot or install Windows...
I will test everything once I finish this list...

more_horiz

Windows CardSpace, Windows Defender, Windows Easy Transfer, Windows Error Reporting, Windows Fax and Scan

Still Remaining:

Windows Firewall, Windows Indexing, Windows Help and Support, Windows Lexicon Files, Windows Live, 
Windows Media, Windows PowerShell, Windows User Account Control, Windows Update, Work Folders, Wsat

more_horiz

Windows Firewall, Windows Indexing, Windows Help and Support, Windows Lexicon Files, Windows Live

Still Remaining:

Windows Media, Windows PowerShell, Windows User Account Control, Windows Update, Work Folders, Wsat

more_horiz

Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Windows Media, Windows PowerShell, Windows Screensavers,
Windows SmartScreen, Windows User Account Control, Windows Update, Work Folders, Wsat

Still Remaining:

All Drivers and WinSxS

more_horiz
I re-organized the list a bit, just moved 

Advanced Remove List (Expert) 

under 

Individual System Components and Programs ( Expert )

for a better structure Wink

more_horiz
Guys, I am going to test myself the whole list now. I am certain there are some files which can't be removed and will cause Windows installation failure. 
Need to find and list them here. This will take some time. After that I will add finally the Windows drivers and WinSxS to the list...

more_horiz
Updated many Apps with new files and size information. I have encountered some bugs and added a new

DO NOT DELETE LIST 

at the bottom. You should keep those files or you will encounter errors/bugs listed in the list. 
I will continue to test the list and inform you on my progress.

more_horiz
Updated many components with size information, fixed some errors/bugs and added them in the DO NOT DELETE LIST!

more_horiz
Btw for your information, I am half way through the whole list with testing ( finding errors/bugs and fixing them )...

more_horiz
thanks for the hard work,
 i am waiting for the alpha version of win 10, and will try your list.

more_horiz
greenworld wrote:

Hello,

There's already a beta available which will be sooner updated ... Very Happy

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:

i am saying for Windows 10, that it is preview/testing version. 
what you understand?

more_horiz
you quoted some components as "spyware", what is this?

more_horiz
greenworld wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:

i am saying for Windows 10, that it is preview/testing version. 
what you understand?

You are right, I misunderstood, I'm speaking of WinReducer, sorry for this ...

more_horiz
greenworld wrote:
you quoted some components as "spyware", what is this?

This means that these apps/programs/components will collect various kinds of data and send it to MS, like a trojan, keylogger etc. 
If you don't remove them, you will be completely exposed and they will know everything about you and your computer...

more_horiz
greenworld wrote:
thanks for the hard work,

Well Windows 10 Preview is more like a BETA in my opinion. I doubt they would even release an alpha version of Windows 10 for the public.
It would have too many bugs and instability. So I think Windows 10 Preview is a more advanced alpha that could be already considered BETA
and the public are beta testers Wink

more_horiz
As they say at MDL, if you don't want ms to look over your shoulder, don't use win 10 TP in real life. It's just windows 8.1.U1 with the startmenu, promised in W8.1.Update2, which never came...

more_horiz
DO NOT DELETE LIST Updated:

Program Compatibility/Application Experience ( breaks Windows Installation )
Windows\System32\aepic.dll
Windows\System32\apphelp.dll
Windows\System32\en-US\apphelp.dll.mui

more_horiz
DO NOT DELETE LIST Updated:

Recovery ( breaks Windows Installation )
Windows\System32\ReAgent.dll
Windows\System32\en-US\reagent.dll.mui

more_horiz
DO NOT DELETE LIST and Program Compatibility/Application Experience updated:

I have found and fixed a bug that was caused by removal of some Program Compatibility/Application Experience files.

You can't delete Windows\AppPatch\sysmain.sdb and Windows\AppPatch\apppatch64\sysmain.sdb or you will get errors
in Advanced System Settings, System Protection, Remote Settings and Device Manager in 
Control Panel -> System and Security -> System , basically the window where your Computer information and serial key is listed...

There are some other database files for your PC and driver information which I recommend not to remove. 
So do not delete any files in Windows\AppPatch

more_horiz

System Restore ( breaks Windows Installation )
Windows\System32\DDACLSys.dll
Windows\System32\en-US\DDACLSys.dll.mui
Windows\SysWOW64\DDACLSys.dll
Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\DDACLSys.dll.mui

more_horiz

Startup Scan Task ( breaks Windows Installation )
Windows\System32\Startupscan.dll
Windows\System32\en-US\Startupscan.dll.mui
Windows\SysWOW64\Startupscan.dll
Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\Startupscan.dll.mui

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more_horiz
Good news guys, one of the biggest SPYWARE can be successfully removed without breaking Windows

Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program / Software Quality Management / Application Experience / Application Impact Telemetry ( Size: 40,6 MB , Spyware )

Cool

more_horiz

Windows Image Helper ( breaks Windows Installation, connected with Windows Defender )
Windows\System32\dbghelp.dll
Windows\SysWOW64\dbghelp.dll
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum