The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionunable to find valid windows version/folder Emptyunable to find valid windows version/folder

more_horiz
hello,
i have been trying to customize an untouched iso using rt7lite+rt7booster/win customizer...i had no luck with rt7lite as it gave me error after error and got stuck at removing components every time..then i used winterstorm advanced preset,enabled the component section and change whatever i needed and clicked apply...and i successfully created a new windows iso!!!....anyway now i am trying to use winreducer and it goves me an error when i try to use the folder where the new iso is extracted to...i also tried the iso itself but still i get an erro saying cannot find valid windows folder/version....can someboy please help?!!!!!!!!!!...... Sad

thanks in advance
faisalgoku

descriptionunable to find valid windows version/folder EmptyRe: unable to find valid windows version/folder

more_horiz
This is the problem by me too. Anyway I don't use genuine iso (like msdn) i use an already preintegrated updates iso. I slimmed down with rt7lite now i can't mount this folder. I tried run as admin & from an another partiton don't get the effect.

Is the problem that ISO is not genuine?

If so what to do

Thanks for reply anybody

descriptionunable to find valid windows version/folder EmptyRe: unable to find valid windows version/folder

more_horiz
Zexx17 wrote:
This is the problem by me too. Anyway I don't use genuine iso (like msdn) i use an already preintegrated updates iso. I slimmed down with rt7lite now i can't mount this folder. I tried run as admin & from an another partiton don't get the effect.

Is the problem that ISO is not genuine?

If so what to do

Thanks for reply anybody
@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   @[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your ISO as it got Any Space's between the words of the file name ?
If so Try Renaming the File to a single word only Like win8slim & NOT win 8 slim.

There as been a few people getting this folder Error Message, Myself also.
BUT Once the file as been renamed & all SPACE'S Taken out of the file name.. all worked fine.Very Happy

Make Sure ALL Spaces are Removed.. This is a Bug that as been mentioned & [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Is Working on a Solution.

more_horiz
I'm getting the same error. And yes, I've removed any spaces in the ISO file name. I made the ISO with ImgBurn.

However, I'm using a site-wide Microsoft license for a Windows 7 DVD installer for my workplace. I think this Winreducer doesn't take into account *ALL* forms of a Windows 7 installer DVD. And that's a shame.

more_horiz
The error Is referring to the folder, so If the ISO Is stored In a folder, remove the spaces from the folder Itself.

You should be good to go thereafter.

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
The error Is referring to the folder, so If the ISO Is stored In a folder, remove the spaces from the folder Itself.

There are no spaces in the entire path.

more_horiz
cipher wrote:
inallsorts wrote:

That's strange.

I had the exact same Issue, numerous times, and removing the spaces from the folder where the ISO was stored, did the trick. Have you tried placing the ISO In another directory, preferably a simplified directory In the "C" drive (where "C" Is your system drive)? What about running Winreducer on another system altogether, does the problem still exist?

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
cipher wrote:
inallsorts wrote:

That's strange.

I had the exact same Issue, numerous times, and removing the spaces from the folder where the ISO was stored, did the trick. Have you tried placing the ISO In another directory, preferably a simplified directory In the "C" drive (where "C" Is your system drive)? What about running Winreducer on another system altogether, does the problem still exist?

Correct mate.. Strange In Deed...

After removing all Spaces from the Folder Path & ISO Name.. This should of stopped the error..

TO the OP's & people with the ERROR!!!

Can you please post Screen shots of the Error's Please. Thanks You

more_horiz
I did have this ISO image on my D: drive which is on partition on a RAID array, but that shouldn't matter. No spaces in entire path including filename.

But remember...

cipher wrote:
However, I'm using a site-wide Microsoft license for a Windows 7 DVD installer for my workplace. I think this Winreducer doesn't take into account *ALL* forms of a Windows 7 installer DVD. And that's a shame.
I think that's the culprit. I don't think WinReducer (or in turn the original RT Lite) was dynamic enough to account for more than just consumer OEM or Retail Windows installers.

more_horiz
Hey Everybody!

I got this error today again. I tried to mount a folder called "win" from Desktop in the newest Winreducer 7 but i still keeping getting this message. What should i do?
-Try to put win folder to c root or try winreducer folder put into the C root?

more_horiz
hey everybody

yesterday I got same error just like this "Unable to find a valid Windows 7 folder", after following nice tutorial [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

and then I noticed the problem caused by using RT7Lite v2.6 beta to customize my original windows 7 ultimate x86 ISO.
so I switch to RT7Lite v1.7 to customize the original windows 7 ISO and there is no same error appeared like "Unable to find a valid Windows 7 folder".
sorry about my bad english  Sad

more_horiz
same problem WTF ?  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  also i extract my iso to folder when i click to folder also not working

more_horiz
same problem  Sad

more_horiz
hey get the programm GImageX and select the tab CHANGE

SOURCE --> select your install.wim
IMAGE --> Click on select button and select your windows

fill out the rest of the empty boxes like me (i use ultimate so change it with your version)

click change

try again Winreducer now it should be OK (works each time by me)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

more_horiz
thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

Now is ok

more_horiz
Hey,

I'm having the same problem trying to slipstream the extracted ISO of
  a. "Windows Embedded Standard 7" a.k.a. Windows Thin PC 7
  b.  over a SMB mount (due to low hard disk space; without any space in the path)

Has this version successfuly handled?

Is there a way to bypass the OS detection and proceed anyways just for the sake of it?

Cheers
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum